Hacking DLC packer/unpacker (a parannoyed wii)

basa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Found some wii project http://sites.google.com/site/parannoyedwii...packer-unpacker

This should unpack your wii dlcs , anyone can test this ?

I tried unpack my gh5 dlc files but dont works for me. Maybe im use wrong pack-key (dot know where this key located in bootmii keys.bin)
anyway this tool looks like not workin because if you use different id or pack-key unpacker always give the same crypted file - i think should be give different results when key is different , maybe im wrong and maybe this tool works fine.. please test this if someone have this possibility

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
From reading the site, it appears to support DLC which is saved as .bins, and seems to be aimed towards use with Rock Band 2 DLC/RawkSD customs. GH5 is newer and might not be supported yet, but that's a guess.

Out of curiosity, why do you want to unpack your DLC??

basa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
For create customs of course
smile.gif

Gh5 have the same .bin dlc and i think this tool should unpack all dlcs downloaded from your console because wii using the same pack-keys for all dlcs , but maybe im wrong , i tested in RB2 DLC .bin file and also dont works
frown.gif
Anyway thanks for reply

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gh5 dlc hasn't been figured out yet. Just recently we are able to start doing GHWT custom dlc and this game is 10 or 12 months old. The folks at scorehero are hard at work on it though.

parannoyed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It unpacks the .bin's saved to your SD card, and I've only tested with Rock Band 2. It *should* work with other games, but again, it only unpacks the .bin. Once unpacked, the encryption of the file contents are different for each game.

The main purpose of this project was to allow playing of RawkSD customs with Rock Band 2 from a USB loader. The cIOS required for a USB loader uses different encryption than IOS37 (RB2 disc) does. The cIOS uses your PRNG key, while IOS37 uses a null (0x00...) key.

If you are trying to unpack a .bin created by a game running under a USB loader, it will not work. The unpacker is hard-coded to use a null key for unpacking. If you want to unpack your DLC, try re-downloading them while running the game from its intended IOS. Although, from what I've heard, GH5 uses a new IOS, so that may not work, and since I don't really care for GH5 I doubt I'll be updating the tools. If someone would like to make some tweaks to the source, I'd be happy to release it.

Reactions: DarkMatterCore

AerialX

Certified Sociopath
Trophies
Website
aaronlindsay.com
XP
Country
Canada
giantpune said:
gh5 dlc hasn't been figured out yet. Just recently we are able to start doing GHWT custom dlc and this game is 10 or 12 months old. The folks at scorehero are hard at work on it though.
GH5 is easier than GHWT, just to let you know. Who's "hard at work" on it?
(Hint: I bet you can use RawkTour to pack/unpack GH5 DLC... No guarantees since I haven't looked at it though. The chart stuff will fail, though the new format is nicer than the old.)

EDIT: Oh right, not if it's made from a USB loader.

Also listen to parannoyed, he knows what he's talking about. I just see no need to support that because I could care less about aiding pirates. (yeah yeah, sorry about not being "convenient")

ExLex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, thx to this tool i can play RawkSD from usb loader
smile.gif

Thx again parannoyed for this amazing tool
biggrin.gif

fourluptons

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This seems to be an awesome tool if I can ever get it to work. I think it will do exactly what I want. This is what I am trying to do. I use the Rock Band 2 Wii DLC Manager to manage my DLC on my computer and transfer it to my SD card then to my Wii. I cant use rawksd on my Wii so i have been stuck with standard DLC. I did use rawksd on my computer to rip my RB 1 and expansion games from the .iso files but I cant use the .bin files because rawksd doesn’t work on my Wii. After i use rawksd the DLC manager will see the songs but the Wii wont. After i use dlctools on the .bin files neither the DLC manager nor the Wii can see the songs. What am I doing wrong? All I want to do is play my RB1 and RB2 expansion packs as DLC.

HisshouBuraiKen

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
parannoyed your tool works like a charm, just one question - like normal DLC, the wii doesn't delete RawkSD songs after copying them to the NAND memory from SD. Is there something that can be done about this or is this just an inherent problem in using DLC when playing off a USB loader?

jakejm79

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if I understand this correctly, this program will allow me to unpack my DLC that I downloaded while running RB2 from disc, then repack it so I can use it when running from USB and not get the "DLC is out of date" error, is that correct? but it still doesn't fix the problem where it will copy tthe DLC to the NAND but then wont delete it when it is done with it correct?

jakejm79

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK that is what I assumed, so basically if I want to play a long session with lots of DLC I wont be able to since after playing 5-6 songs my NAND will be full and it wont be able to copy the 7th song over. I think Sneek is our only possibility with, since NAND emulation for just the storage is a little buggy (from what I have read) and only works with cIOS249 which doesn't support USB instruments, but with my understanding SNEEK allows the whole system to be run from an emulated NAND on the SD card, basically meaning that you can run and emulated version of cIOS222 so to speak.

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Quick note- SNEEK will most likely NOT help the situation at all (According to AerialX, who I *believe* to have a beta of SNEEKv2. Don't quote me on that). cIOS emulation is "very buggy"-
1) Controller disconnects
2) No online
3) Issues saving
4) Crashes
5) Long loading times.

And apparantly that's if you can even get the game to boot.

Note that while I haven't personally tried it (and couldn't get SNEEKv1 to work), I'd take his word for it. Have at it all you want though!

Quick note: RawkSD will not work with NAND emulation. The game just doesn't know where to look for it on the NAND. Not that it really matters to those who don't use it, but meh.

jakejm79

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, thanks for clearing that up, i guess I'll just keep playing from disc then, not that big a deal since RB2 is the only game I use with DLC so I just keep that disc in the drive.

sico_pata

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
parannoyed said:
It unpacks the .bin's saved to your SD card, and I've only tested with Rock Band 2. It *should* work with other games, but again, it only unpacks the .bin. Once unpacked, the encryption of the file contents are different for each game.

The main purpose of this project was to allow playing of RawkSD customs with Rock Band 2 from a USB loader. The cIOS required for a USB loader uses different encryption than IOS37 (RB2 disc) does. The cIOS uses your PRNG key, while IOS37 uses a null (0x00...) key.

If you are trying to unpack a .bin created by a game running under a USB loader, it will not work. The unpacker is hard-coded to use a null key for unpacking. If you want to unpack your DLC, try re-downloading them while running the game from its intended IOS. Although, from what I've heard, GH5 uses a new IOS, so that may not work, and since I don't really care for GH5 I doubt I'll be updating the tools. If someone would like to make some tweaks to the source, I'd be happy to release it.

I've tried this software but it doesn't works for me

I have songs download from Rock Band 2 DLC (Gen 1, Gen 2 and Gen 3). So I'm trying to play this songs with USB Loader
When I run the .bat the songs was decrypted in different folder name (no problem I've change this name in the .bat to reencrypt well)
So I get a new .bin files with my ID in it (the 2 files 4 bit and 16 bit was edited)

If I tried to play this songs, the game never begin. I run Rock Band 2, I choose the songs, it begin to "Loading" and never ends, I wait for 5 minutes or more. No "out of date" message, simply a never ending process

It works for DLC Rock Band 2 content or it only works with Rawk SD import songs

BinFairy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm also having the same problem. My id file always comes out at 8bytes.

And I still have no clue on where to find the PRNG key in the bootmii backup.

Can anyone lend me a hand?
=S

*EDIT* - Don't worry, I've fixed it. I realised that the Hex-editor I was using is crap. I changed Hex Editor and it worked. =]

fubka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can successfully download real DLC bin; however, rawksd bin files the even numbered bin file is small and size and I cannot open the app files?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.