thebobinc

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
yes it is possible , the homebrew channel 1.02 let you browse apps on your fat32 partition,

for the moment there is allready some of the usb loader that feature possibility to had cover and disk images on hdd,

we should see more and more homebrew that will have the same feature,

the update version as an know bug it doesn't take SDHC card , so there should be an update comming very soon ,

the homebrew channel is avaiable at http://bootmii.org/download/ included in the hackmii installer

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
I also guess I'll stick with 1.01, until the fixed 1.02 comes up...but I realy like that function. Now my 1TB HD will be used for much more than games
smile.gif

mooseknuckle2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
slightly off topic, now that this can read from usb, I'd like to partition my wbfs drive with ~85 games on it. Is there a wbfs tool that can partition while keeping all of the data safe?

caribpapi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so can i just copy everything off of my sd onto my usb drive for it to work? or does it still need folders on the sd to run?

thebobinc

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
mooseknuckle2000 said:
slightly off topic, now that this can read from usb, I'd like to partition my wbfs drive with ~85 games on it. Is there a wbfs tool that can partition while keeping all of the data safe?

i google that as well didn't find anything , with partition magic you can an a partition , but there is no guaranty that is gonna work, i juster re dump all my game into my hdd , 65 game took me 1h20 minutes, did the transfer while sleeping the best solution i guess ,

thebobinc

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
caribpapi said:
so can i just copy everything off of my sd onto my usb drive for it to work? or does it still need folders on the sd to run?

just drop everything in your hdd fat32 partition , suggest that you keep it for the moment because there gonna be an update very shortly since SDHC is not supported , it is not all usb loader that can support the hdd methode at the moment but it will be very soon, for the GX usb loader the next revision should have it i think ,

sorgelig

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
i've noticed that marcan was packager for HBC 1.0.1. Since he left wii scene, somebody other did his part on 1.0.2 and probably older source code has been used. Probably, that's why we have no SDHC card support in 1.0.2.
But with USB support, i don't need to use SDHC card for Wii anymore. Even before i had no need for such big card simple because nothing big to save there. Now whole app folder can be moved to USB drive and SD card can be used solely for save backup and wiiware games. And even this doesn't require huge space to use SDHC.

2GB SD card is enough for everything for now (at least for me).

ineedhelpbad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most apps that need files other then the executable (i.e. MPlayer CE) don't work unless you have their files on the sd card (which kinda defeats the point of putting those apps on your usb drive. But, I think that that the apps will get updated soon to load their files from usb, until then dont throw out your sd card .

thebobinc

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
maddoc said:
supagusti said:
laurozza said:
thebobinc said:
for the moment there is allready some of the usb loader that feature possibility to had cover and disk images on hdd
Which one?

Want to know too....

The one in my sig does
wink.gif

the usbload GX does too , a new rev will be out very soon with the possibility to edit the path to your usb drive from the loader itself, for the moment only load the game and default cover, usb loader FX does to, , coverflow 7 a didnot try yet but could be working ,

it is juste the begening

Posts merged

QUOTE(KiiWii @ May 15 2009, 08:42 AM)
any one got individual dols for HBC 1.0.2 or this latest bundled DVDX?

[url=http://bootmii.org/download/]http://bootmii.org/download/[/url]

it is all included in the hackmii installer you can select what you install

they are now copyright they ask to don't redirect there pack

thebobinc

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
nIxx said:
I would really like to know from where do you have the info that it supports USB.
Because it doesn´t work
wink.gif

well i don't know why it do not work for you but if you look here:http://www.wiibrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_Channel

you can see the perefiral that is suppose to be supported with version 1.02 SDHC is not fully compatible maybe the same with usb drive, some apps does work some dont, it will improve more and more in a short term , version 1.03 should be out very soon

more info found here on the bug report,

http://bugs.hackmii.com/index.php?do=detai...7&project=6

is was reported to 1.02

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1