Hardware Wii (Wu?) Custom Console Case Review

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw a few posts about changing the Wii's color case and which ones are good, so I thought I'd give my review on one I purchased on EBAY. (It was $30US shipped)

I originally had the Talismoon Evolve Black Katana case installed on my Wii, but from the beginning I felt as soon I installed it, I would have problems because the pieces felt very cheap. The door to the SD card never snapped in place and was loose, the covers over the Gamecube control slots and memory cards slots where very bendy and one of the hinges broke off very easily and my Wii's inner components just didn't fit right within the case so some of the screw holes never lined up well.

I was hesitant in buying this case since it looked like a cheap reproduction, but I gave it a shot since the price was good and it was free shipping. I was happily surprised at how sturdy this case is. It came pretty well packaged on the inside sealed in a plastic baggy, but I would make sure its delivered with good exterior packaging.
smile.gif
It pretty much comes with everything needed externally, but you will have to salvage some things from your original case to piece it perfectly together.

Compared to the Talismoon case, it does not come with any external screw covers like the stickers or rubber feet, but this was fine by me since I like to make it easier to get back into my Wii when I need to. It also does not come with any detailed instructions (which can be found easily online), tools (tri-wing screw driver, etc.), the front panel light (disc light), the plastic fan grill for the inside of the Wii and the Gamecube control/memory card slot cover panel, but these can be easily taken off of your original Wii case. (Besides the light, I felt the fan grill and GC cover panel that came with Talismoon's case was cheap anyway
wink.gif
)

I can easily say that the look of the Custom Console Case looked way smoother compared to the Talismoon cases my friend and I had. Very nice chrome-like, paint job and cool chrome buttons to replace your power, restart and eject buttons.
biggrin.gif
It also comes with some reproduction labels from the original Wii (like the serial number and a few warning labels that are on the bottom of the Wii itself), but I believe they're in Japanese so I didn't want to use them.
tongue.gif
The main selling point for this case would have to be the quality of the plastic compared to the Talismoon case. It felt alot more sturdy, the inner components aligned alot more smoothly inside of the Wii and all the doors, hinges and covers snap into place and open nicely with out any friction.

Not sure how this compares to anything like the Shockii or other more known cases out there, but I can easily give this an 8.5 out of 10 score. They come in a few other colors and styles. I posted some pics below. (I would say the 3rd picture to the right shows the true shade of blue of my case)

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tichinde925 said:
Why not go for the XCM ii Cases?

Good Review though!
I thought that the more suttle colors that XCM had looked as if they just threw a bucket of paint on the Wii and there other more "far out" techy cases, were a bit too much for me. Not only did I like the shades of color and chrome buttons that this had compared to the other cases I had considered, but again, $30 bones is good to pay when you're broke.
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol stremio hogging all of my tvs on board ram
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just download more Ram to it, or setup Raid666 on it.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Morning
    +1
  • CooingMaxito @ CooingMaxito:
    Hello fellow stranger
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you mean I've known you since today
    Damn that's bonkers mate, it's almost like we've never met!
    Probably just my imagination
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: