Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Here is an article by IGN about this AMAZING game:

"Ever since the review of 5TH Cell's action/strategy game Lock's Quest, we've been waiting to get the first information on their next project. We expected something along the same lines as those two, either running with a sequel to the very successful Drawn to Life, or perhaps taking another unique approach to RPGs or strategy titles like Lock's Quest which released earlier this year.

What we weren't expecting, was Scribblenauts.

As an extremely unique and amazingly ambitious game, 5TH Cells latest offering has instantly gotten us talking around the IGN offices, and we're sure it'll do the same for you. The idea behind the game? Write anything, solve everything. The goal is to turn a basic concept – move your character to a goal – into something truly extraordinary. If you can think it, you can spawn it into the world.

And while we'd love to try and explain Scribblenauts to you, it's going to be a whole lot easier to show you what the game is all about. Click below to see the world exclusive first footage of Scribblenaut, developed internally and independently by 5TH Cell:

Go watch the trailer here!
(In case you're too lazy to show the video, the footage shows a little boy. He has to get a coin or something like that on top of a tree. The bottom screen then turns into something like a sheet of paper. The player, you, spells out a word. "Ladder". A ladder appears out of nowhere, the boy grabs it, brings it up to the tree, and collects the coin! The video then rewinds back time and this time spells out "football". A football appears, the boy throws it at the coin on top of the tree, knocks the coin down, and grabs it. It rewinds one last time, and this time, the player spells out "beaver". A beaver comes out, eats the tree, and the player can get the coin!)

Now after a trailer like that, people undoubtedly have a mass of questions as to how the game will really work. Can you actually write anything? Is that even possible, especially on such a humble piece of hardware like the DS? Since we had the same questions, we needed to sit down and chat with the brains behind the game, 5TH Cell's co-founder and creative director Jeremiah Slaczka. Hot off the release of Lock's Quest, Miah has been eager to get people talking about the company's latest project."

Source + interview with creator + pics!

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Well, it looked very unique and fun to me. I'd be willing to give it a shot. I'm just wondering what the limitations are... for example, in that demo level, I'm sure you can't spell out "axe" to chop down the tree or something.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
The concept is amazing.. I wonder how many words they'll be able to put in there..

The guy from 5th Cell sounds really optimistic in the interview:

QUOTE said:
IGN: And if it doesn't can people storm your offices and demand refunds?

Miah:Haha. It'd be pretty tough to find things by the time we're finished with the game, yeah. I mean, we can't have copyrighted materials, and we won't do anything vulgar, but outside of that people are going to be really happy, and really surprised. I mean we've spent three months of just hardcore list-making. A gigantic excel sheet of just going through dictionaries, and going through encyclopedias, and just grabbing anything and everything there is to get. Find and define every object. We have things in here that are so obscure that I don't think people are going to ever find them unless we release official lists someday. People won't write half the things that exist in this game because they're so obscure. You just don't think of them.

Can't wait for that game!
yaynds.gif

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Raestloz said:
Not evry object I think, they won't allow kids to spell out "that" and actually show "that" heh
evil.gif

No, they won't
tongue.gif

QUOTEHaha. It'd be pretty tough to find things by the time we're finished with the game, yeah. I mean, we can't have copyrighted materials, and we won't do anything vulgar, but outside of that people are going to be really happy, and really surprised.

updowners

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AMAZING! (if it works properly)

Edit: Video: (for those who have really crap computers like me who can't watch a smooth video from gametrailers)

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Now that I've seen the actual video, I must say I'm impressed, this is teh kind of game I expect from NDS
biggrin.gif

The graphics is perfect, gameplay seems alot of fun, the music kinda motivates me to get one too
smile.gif

iPikachu

C3's personal flamebot and fail artist
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
just noticed its relased on fall 2009, aww.
whut happen if i wrote "pikachu"?!?!?!
*imagines a pikachu climbing up onto the tree and eating it*
om nom nom.
seems like the back ground is like umm
DTL backgrounds?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: @Xdqwerty, to answer your question, they're a fusion Brit-pop/J-pop/electronic band with a woman...