OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
EZ5 1.90 open beta2 released
Big changes afoot.
Windirt posted news of the new open beta of the EZ5, massive changes in this one aiming to bring it in line with the best of the competition.

ezvplustrans.png

add instant save (also known as real time save and savestates)
add instant walkthrough
add individual game setting

instant save compatible not perfect. but acceptable. more develop need.

let's explain how to use the new functions.

first. the new folder
in this version, two folders were added. the "romini" used store every game setting. include the softrerest. cheat option.... etc... "rtssave" store the instant save file and the instant walkthrough file.
----------------------------------------------------
the setting
highlight a new rom, press START or press the Orange button on lower screen. the rom setting window will be popup.
the option list below

Softrest. as it said. enable it to enable softreset and below function
InstantSave as it said.
instantwalkthrough to enable it. the TXT file name must same as the rom name, put in "rtssave" folder. when you enable it. the system will generate the walkthrough file. after generate finish. you can choose the walkthrough display color by press COLOR.
Cheat enable the cheat
Cheat engine choose the cheat engine.
Cheatexistence system will check the available cheat file and database when you choose the cheatengine. if cheat availabe, it shows yes, otherwise no.
setcheatoption click to popup cheat window. choose cheat want to enable. and click top right red button to save and quit.

SAVE. the setting will be saved after you click it. then click top right red button to quit.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
instant save

press L+R+A+B in game while the instantsave enabled in setting. the menu will popup. you can save or load( once you saved). you may encouter the noise after you quit the menu. just close the DS lid and reopen. the noise will be gone.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
instant walkthrough

press L+R+A+B in game while the instantwalkthrough enabled in setting. the menu will popup. scroll to walkthrough and press A. the walkthrough will be displayed. UP an DOWN to scroll. B to quit to game. it will remember which page you readed.
NOTICE to fareast user: you must ensure the txt you put in the rtssave can be read by the EZ5 system internal moonshell txt reader( remember change the language to your native, and the txt save as ANSI, not unicode or utf-8). otherwise you will got only symbols.

two softrest mode.

in rom setting. if only enabled the softrest , no instant save and instantwalkthrouth enabled. you press L+R+A+B will excute the softrest.
once you enabled the instantsave. you must select the reset in the menu after you press L+R+A+B.

icon11.gif
 EZFlash US forum thread
download.gif
 ezflash.cn download
download.gif
gbatemp download

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's the in game guide.
rolleyes.gif

Just put your guide in txt format into RTSSAVE directory with the same name than your game.

Pretty cool feature too.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Wow, I hadn't expected this! I always thought that the M3 Team would be really fast with adding RTS and that the EZ-Flash Team would... well, never add it
tongue.gif
It seems like I was wrong! I always thought the EZ5 was a bad product... For example, I didn't like the idea of a Hybrid tool for patching. Anyway, great job EZ-Flash! I might get one of these, I already have the 3in1.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh wow, I'll admit I don't normally pay much attention to updates but the walkthrough thing sounds amazing. I think realtime save will make some games too easy, but it'll be dead useful as a suspend/resume funciton for those times when you just have to put the DS down. Awesome stuff.

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Boy, did someone light a fire under EZ Team's butts or what?

Did they ever add auto-DLDI patching to their firmware for slot-1?

DespizingU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, congrats to the EZ Team for really stepping it up. I've always thought they were a really great team, always on top of updates. Think I'm going to pick me up an EZ5 now.

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Maikel Steneker said:
For example, I didn't like the idea of a Hybrid tool for patching.
Hybrid mode is integrated since kernel 1.60 (12 oct 07). Why are you talking about this old tool ?
cutterjohn said:
Did they ever add auto-DLDI patching to their firmware for slot-1?
Already available since kernel 1.70 (2 feb 08).

QUOTE(zif @ Sep 26 2008, 08:44 PM)
raargh, I want to update now, but I can't leave clean mode :

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Agreed.
But the main part is in place and write process is very quick for a 5MB file.
I was worried about that because under the modified ez5 moonshell, write a file takes years.
As i can see the hybrid mode is better than the moonshell libfat now.
I hope windirt will drop moonshell as main OS and let it available apart like other flashcart (except supercardDS one).
smile.gif

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Shiro786 said:
Maikel Steneker said:
Wow, I hadn't expected this! I always thought that the M3 Team would be really fast with adding RTS and that the EZ-Flash Team would... well, never add it
tongue.gif
It seems like I was wrong! I always thought the EZ5 was a bad product... For example, I didn't like the idea of a Hybrid tool for patching. Anyway, great job EZ-Flash! I might get one of these, I already have the 3in1.

You never needed the hybrid tool. At all. Unless you had a shitty microSD card.
Ah, OK, I didn't know that. So it isn't required for things like Soft Reset either?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: