Homebrew Is there (or is it possible) a N64 Emulator??

lxgshaka

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Well, the title explains itself pretty well, I need to know if there is (or will be if possible) a Nintendo 64 Emulator for the Nintendo DS.. since I want to play a lot of those games and don't have a wii to vc'em T_T

I don't know if it could be possible.. but the DS has what is needed no? the touchscreen could serve as the sticks and all that...

Can it be possible?

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, basically, doubt we'll even see a PS1 emulator.

DS isn't powerful enough for anything like that I reckon, SNES one is an arse to use ATM.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
It's definitely not possible. The N64 is much faster than the DS, it has much more RAM and processing power, and for real emulation, it would have to be the other way around.

The only way to get N64 games on a DS is to write a homebrew version using the skins and sounds ripped from the N64 original.

Or, you could swamp Nintendo with requests for a DS remake, and convince them it would be worth their while to make one.

lxgshaka

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
frown.gif
I was really hoping there was.. OoT DS ftw T_T!!!

Thanks

lxgshaka

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Conker, OoT, Majora's Mask, Banjo Kazooie, etc, etc.. ftw..

damn I miss my 64 T_T... well at least I may be getting a Wii soon and I'll VC some of them.. though is TOO much money for me xD

lxgshaka

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
The days of finishing Pokemon Snap at 100%, twice in a day (there was a time I was WAY too bored of my other games.. so I had nothing more to do xD)

Those times I spent smacking people's faces on WWF vs nWe.. ohhh... the good ol' times...

Thank god for the VC.. so we can relive those classics... and well, who knows.. maybe for next nintendo handheld we'll be able to have a 64 emulator =D (I'll be wanting a gamecube one then xD)

blackjack

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
If you search the forums you'll see that there are quite a few discussion but it isn't possible. Mario 64 has been specially redesigned for the ds. But a real emulation would be too much.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Can I hold it for a sec?