The tool is quite simple: rather then having to depend on outside sources for firmware NCA's you can now dump them yourself in a targeted efficient manner directly on your switch.. I wanted to cut out the middle man. A means to a end, a tool designed specifically for firmware dumps.
No longer are you forced to dump your entire nand to get your hands on the latest firmware, this was a huge waste of time.. or have to patiently wait for the files to become available online, which again is another waste of time - expect delays!
What you do with the files is entirely up to you, development purposes? downgrade snapshots? latest firmware upgrade? Analysis? etc..
Dumping process does take a while, but much less time than a full NAND backup that's for sure! Once the dump is complete, simply open ChoiDuJourNX and target the dumped firmware directory to install.. simple, easy & efficient.
- Fixed a potential memory leak.
- Clean up after firmware dump cancellation.
- Fixed firmware version detection.
- Detect firmware version & append version to output directory names on SD card.
- Fixed a bug where you couldn't restart a dump after canceling in certain situations.
- Verify necessary partitions are mounted between operations.
- Initial release
You'll get the following notification when a new firmware has been downloaded and is ready for installation:
If you don't have the "system update ready" notification in settings, you can force your switch to download the latest firmware update by entering the "system update" menu.
DO NOT PRESS THE LARGE "UPDATE" BUTTON AS THIS WILL PROCEED TO INSTALL.
- libNX team for the core API.
- rajkosto for his fantastic tool ChoiDujourNX
- Change log: