Zombie thread, RAAAGH

Breith

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
nothing a quick format doesn't solve, but yeah in most cases stores are happy to do exchanges....less happy to do refunds, they will normally just push for a gift voucher refund unless you stand your ground

Ah, true for the quick format.

The problem with exchanges in this case is that... well, they need to have another N3DS within the correct "serial range". You should be able to find some for now, but more you wait, more complicated it will become.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Ah, true for the quick format.

The problem with exchanges in this case is that... well, they need to have another N3DS within the correct "serial range". You should be able to find some for now, but more you wait, more complicated it will become.
a way to work the consumer protection laws in your favor is to pay online, collect in store, then you can check and return to store(meaning no postage costs to you), but should still be protected by the 14 day cooling off period as you didn't see the item before paying

Breith

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
a way to work the consumer protection laws in your favor is to pay online, collect in store, then you can check and return to store(meaning no postage costs to you), but should still be protected by the 14 day cooling off period as you didn't see the item before paying

And I'm sure that some people are doing if the shop don't check if the S/N has been used.
Another way is to buy a GPS for 1 week vacation and sending it back afterwards. It's probably more common than we think.

SonyUSA

We're all mad here
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I took back my N3DS today to Wal-Mart and explained to them exactly why. The clerk didn't care about Gateway.

Going to buy a new putter and approach wedge instead. Golf weather will come before Gateway's release.

It's Walmart, they are making minimum wage, they don't care about ANYTHING :P

Breith

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh, a quick question... When you go back to the home menu from a GW game, do you go back on sysNand or emuNand? Last time I tried I went back to the sysnand... I found that weird.

Kuin

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Oh, a quick question... When you go back to the home menu from a GW game, do you go back on sysNand or emuNand? Last time I tried I went back to the sysnand... I found that weird.

Some games like Smash Bros or MH4 make the 3DS "reboot", I dunno the exact details of "why" but it's about the fact that those 2 games takes too much power to the 3DS so it needs to reboot the 3DS when you go out of the game. And since you reboot, you come back on sysnand.

EDIT: you can avoid this problem by launching another app (whatever, the camera, miiplaza, etc) instead of quiting the game). Then you'll not exit the emunand.

KidIce

Smart Ass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In almost all cases emuNAND.

You were probably playing Super Smash Bro's, yeah? That one resets the 3DS when exited unless it is the New 3DS. This is the only exception I know of.

Edit: Ninja'd

MH4 does this too? Hadn't read/heard that. Thanks for the tip.

Breith

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It was Zelda MM, I think. But I don't remember clearly, it could be MH4U.

Thanks for the tip, next time I open another software instead of quitting the game!

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
I've played Zelda MM on emunand before. That one didn't kick me to sysnand from what I recall and I would know, because my home menu has a theme installed and my sysnand is 4.3....

It was probably MH4 that did that for you. To avoid that, just suspend the game with home button and launching something like the web browser. It should ask you to exit the game, then just accept that prompt. (it might also just do this automatically, but I don't play MH4 or SSB, so I don't know exactly what happens during this process).

I've read that is one way to avoid being kicked back to sysnand any time you are done playing those games. Whether or not these two games kick n3DS users out of emunand is not known yet because no one out there can use emunand on n3DS yet. :P

Reactions: Sonicx64

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've played Zelda MM on emunand before. That one didn't kick me to sysnand from what I recall and I would know, because my home menu has a theme installed and my sysnand is 4.3....

It was probably MH4 that did that for you. To avoid that, just suspend the game with home button and launching something like the web browser. It should ask you to exit the game, then just accept that prompt. (it might also just do this automatically, but I don't play MH4 or SSB, so I don't know exactly what happens during this process).

I've read that is one way to avoid being kicked back to sysnand any time you are done playing those games. Whether or not these two games kick n3DS users out of emunand is not known yet because no one out there can use emunand on n3DS yet. :P

Yep, I usually just open FTBrony and spam B to exit. Gateway should really just patch that reboot out.

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think they can, it's not a bug from the Gateway, it's the same with the original cardridge of MH4U and SSMB. ^^"

Actually no, the game exits just fine. The reboot itself however, is done in firmware, outside of the app. It seems they at least patched the first reboot to stay in emuNAND, but the exiting one they did not. At least it's able to be worked around, so that is good.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Actually no, the game exits just fine. The reboot itself however, is done in firmware, outside of the app. It seems they at least patched the first reboot to stay in emuNAND, but the exiting one they did not. At least it's able to be worked around, so that is good.

Another fix would be the reboot after exiting system setting. That is really annoying.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Puts on anti-2hack boxing gloves.

hypetrain.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I always feel like the total should be higher... Like I feel like I forgot to buy something