Zombie thread, RAAAGH

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Just waiting, mostly...

As it turns out, shortly after the 72-hour announcement, resellers went nuts and sent out emails because they were low/out of stock and all the new shipments were delayed for CNY, so they were throwing a fit not to release the update yet because they wouldn't be able to fill orders and would lose tons of sales to competitors. It's my belief this delayed the release of the exploit since resellers sales = GW sales. Hopefully after CNY ends next week and/or the shipments finally leave China the update should launch.

believable but we shall soon find out if true or yet another boost to sales. :)

codychaosx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So somewhere in the Gateway warehouse the code is sitting all nice and finished, and we have to wait for retailers to get their stock... makes the waiting all the more painful. Most of China goes back to their regular schedule in just a few days, not sure if we're gonna wait until March 5th...
Most resllers are stating that they'll resume business as usual on the 27th. At least this news actually makes sense. Is this just ur opinion Sony or is this insider info?

SonyUSA

We're all mad here
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most resllers are stating that they'll resume business as usual on the 27th. At least this news actually makes sense. Is this just ur opinion Sony or is this insider info?

Half-and-half? The emails are legit, but I can't confirm that's the delay for the release, though I highly suspect it is.

Ritchie555

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nah not meal breaks... I mean like this:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopi...iesta_usually_happen-Barcelona_Catalonia.html

lol :D I have no idea how it works, I've always just heard that shops close for 2-3 hours in the middle of the day and everyone takes a break and naps cause it's hot.

His country flag is Mexican, not Spanish. But you're totally right about Madrid and Barcelona, I lived there for a bit. Damn city shuts down from 3-6. Then everyone is still walking around after midnight. Even the children!

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Well, considering that Gary also mentioned retailers stocking for/after chinese new year that's a pretty believable "announcement" there. Or it's just taken from what gary said. Which is it, SonyUSA?
It's well established sonyusa and garyopa know and communicate with each other, at least once it was said by one of them that they were talking to each other over skype when something came up and they decided to tell us.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Nah not meal breaks... I mean like this:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopi...iesta_usually_happen-Barcelona_Catalonia.html

lol :D I have no idea how it works, I've always just heard that shops close for 2-3 hours in the middle of the day and everyone takes a break and naps cause it's hot.
Woa.
4 hours is a bit too much.

If an employee does that to a local store or something similar, they will get fired NO DOUBT!
it's a huge loss of money here, and bosses sure are bitchy. XD

Places close down at 2 hours tops in here, and that's taking the risk of a huge yelling by the boss. XD

SonyUSA

We're all mad here
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
His country flag is Mexican, not Spanish. But you're totally right about Madrid and Barcelona, I lived there for a bit. Damn city shuts down from 3-6. Then everyone is still walking around after midnight. Even the children!

Oh haha! I thought that was a Mexican thing???

sneef

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chinese New Year 2015 begins today (Thursday 19 February) and ends on the 5th of March... that is a lot of fury! And why is their new year 2 weeks and I barely get a day off, wtf?!

ummm.. because Chinese New Year is more important to most Chinese families, than Thanksgiving-and-Christmas-combined would be to most American families. It is the one time a year that families separated by hundreds or thousands of miles, and perhaps several layers of social strata, etc, come together for a special reunion dinner, and the married family members give red packets (hong bao / ang pow - little envelopes with cash inside) to the children - and sometimes to adults younger than themselves.. there are many many deep-seated and culturally significant traditions that take place during this period of more than a week, and because of the diaspora of Chinese workers, as well as the scattering of family members from rural village to urban supercities like Shanghai and Guangzhou, this long break is necessary to allow travel to and from each person's traditional family hometown (or wherever they've agreed to gather for the festivities).. Sorry for the long description lol. and from the perspective of an Ang Moh (caucasian - literally "red hair") raised in the greater China region, and married to a girl who is two generations removed from mainland China, due to the chinese diaspora that occurred in the late 19th and early 20th century, and changed the face of southeast asia from malayo-polynesian (indonesian, malay, timorese, native taiwanese, indigenous filipino tribes) and mon-khmer (burmese, shan, all manner of indochina hill tribes, khmer themselves, etc) to a vaguely chinese mix in many cases, and definitely a more connected regional mindset, which prevails today...

so, we can't compare the gregorian New Year's Day, celebrated by western europeans and americans, australians, new zealanders, and every other manner of similar groups, with Chinese New Year, except for the fact that they both mark the start of a calendar year, solar and lunar, respectively. other than that, they serve totally different purposes and are not equally important to their respective adherents. *sneaks away, embarrassed by his super-OT, TLDR post*

TLDR version: chinese new year is more like a mega-thanksgiving-familyreunion-foodfest-giftgiving-biggestdayoftheyear, than something like the western "New Year", so appropriate time off from work is given.

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Smash DLC will be out ;-;

Emunand support for 9.6 will probably be out by then with the usual message :

Today we present just a quick update for our users with 9.6 emunand. This fixes the multirom menu not showing up and various updates for properly supporting 9.6 emunand.
We also want to inform our users about some news regarding emunand support for the New 3DS:
We will not be able to support emunand 9.6 or higher for a while on the New 3DS. This is only an issue for the New 3DS, the old 3DS and 2DS will never have this issue. This is not a definitive barrier, but we feel it necessary to inform our users that while we are still working on releasing our New 3ds support, we will not be able to provide support yet for 9.6 emunand or higher for New 3DS on release.
And as always ENJOY the GateWait show with our Hosts Garyoprah & SonyTease

Reactions: 2Hack and VinsCool

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: All of us lol