Zelda BOTW patch 1.2.0 adds multi language audio support

C-yNc9_XoAA8GHA.jpg:large

Version 1.2.0

• Various fixes to improve the gameplay experience
  • Players will be able to experience the game in one of nine audio languages [Japanese, English, French (France), French (Canada), German, Spanish (Spain), Spanish (Latin America), Italian and Russian], with a different language used for on-screen text by downloading a free software update. To enable this feature in the Wii U version of the game, players will need to download a Voice Pack from Nintendo eShop.
This patch is available for both Switch and Wii U players.

:arrow: Source

Last edited by Chary,

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the game update require a system firmware update? Anyone download the update on Switch version 2.0? I'm paranoid I'll download a Zelda BotW update and then not be able to play without updating the system.

kehkou

does what Nintendon't
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whats the best language to play in? I heard Spanish was pretty good.
If you've ever watched a telenovela, Spanish adds a layer of depth to the acting that English seems to lack. I will be looking forward to the this voice option (and how the English subs differ from what is actually being said in Spanish; that is always fun!).

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
So you really want to hear the spanish (latin america) dub saying "irule" instead of "jairul"? Ew. The dub is nice, but that's the only disgusting thing about it, maybe because i'm just too used to hear hyrule as "jairul".
Hah same for French, they say "irule", that rapes my ears :P

Reactions: DeslotlCL

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So you really want to hear the spanish (latin america) dub saying "irule" instead of "jairul"? Ew. The dub is nice, but that's the only disgusting thing about it, maybe because i'm just too used to hear hyrule as "jairul".
Nope. But the Iberic one if posible.
The LA one sounds too Mexican to me. Every time Zelda speaks I feel like I'm listening to a Telenovela from Televisa (no offense intended)

Reactions: DeslotlCL

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Does the game update require a system firmware update? Anyone download the update on Switch version 2.0? I'm paranoid I'll download a Zelda BotW update and then not be able to play without updating the system.

Even though I'm on 2.1 (which currently has no entry point, but it's too early to really matter) I got around the update nag by restarting the console and attempt to start the game before wifi connects. Assuming you left the console online long enough before you restarted it should ask you to update the game. Proceed to do so. Just make sure to read the update notification it's not much different then the update system nag FYI so don't update the system by mistake. ;)

Seems like you can pretty much do anything on 2.1/2.0 this way. You can even go into eShop via the same method. ;)

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
If you've ever watched a telenovela, Spanish adds a layer of depth to the acting that English seems to lack. I will be looking forward to the this voice option (and how the English subs differ from what is actually being said in Spanish; that is always fun!).
Cool awesome, are you a native Spanish speaker? I heard that latin america Spanish in anime is superior to english dubs.

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even though I'm on 2.1 (which currently has no entry point, but it's too early to really matter) I got around the update nag by restarting the console and attempt to start the game before wifi connects. Assuming you left the console online long enough before you restarted it should ask you to update the game. Proceed to do so. Just make sure to read the update notification it's not much different then the update system nag FYI so don't update the system by mistake. ;)

Seems like you can pretty much do anything on 2.1/2.0 this way. You can even go into eShop via the same method. ;)
Thanks, I knew the process on how to update the game without updating the system, I just didn't want to try and start the game and get an error saying that the update requires a minimum FW. Thanks for confirming.

Katsumi San

Trophies
XP
Country
OMG Now game audio is become broken. Switch back to original and ability voicing(refresh, using, etc) is become silent. But movie collection is respond to audio selection. Hmm.. Nintendo do not do good job implementation of audio selection feature.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

kehkou

does what Nintendon't
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool awesome, are you a native Spanish speaker? I heard that latin america Spanish in anime is superior to english dubs.
No I learned (still learning) it as a second language, essential when you live in New Mexico, but I am Hispanic. The dialect here differs from Mexican Spanish, It is closer to Castilian.

Last edited by kehkou,

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
No I learned (still learning) it as a second language, essential when you live in New Mexico, but I am Hispanic. The dialect here differs from Mexican Spanish, It is closer to Castilian.
Funny because I'm hispanic as well but my Spanish is piss poor. I barley watched telenovelas. For Zelda are you talking about Mexican Spanish or European Spanish? Which one do you prefer?

Katsumi San

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh interesting thing... Power(turn off) Switch console is not fix, but put stand by mode is fix audio of ability(console language) Now I will see if to enable ability of other language using stand by mode.... I will update...

kehkou

does what Nintendon't
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Funny because I'm hispanic as well but my Spanish is piss poor. I barley watched telenovelas. For Zelda are you talking about Mexican Spanish or European Spanish? Which one do you prefer?
Probably Latin Spanish because that's what the novelas use and New Mexican Spanish has enough Mexican words to compatar. Also, a lot of Mexicans live in ABQ

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
HOLY SHIT YES.
I WAS NOT EXPECTING THIS TO BE PATCHED. And not only that Wii U owners get it too with download of voice package.
I will get this on both of my versions for the heck of it. I am glad I double dipped, and restarted the game halfway through Wii U version because I got to play the game with fixes, patches, and now most of the game with this too. Of course at worst I could have played Wii U version with unofficial language swap method, which was not complete.

This is great. Goddamnit Nintendo nice move. Great move.
So Sega, how about you'se next on the line?

Alkéryn

Moon Dweller ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
LOL a frenchie bitching about playing in french classic
Well usually french dub are bad
this one isn't though but i'm used to what we call VOSTFR (version originale sous-titrée française) or VOSTA ( version originale sous-titré anglaise)
which mean original version with french / english subtitles

I also watch a lot of anime but always in VOSTFR / VOSTA because french dub are a whole new level of horrible for anime xD

Katsumi San

Trophies
XP
Country
I do some testing and result are cannot enable ability voicing of other language(stand by, power off) Also I do discovering if human is remove/insert game card from Switch hardware when in stand by mode, it become on.

Result: Change audio language of game is make movie collection voice function but ability voice using is becoming silent. When switch back to original console language, ability voice is still become silent. To fix such thing, user put Switch hardware in stand by mode then start game, and is work.

Nintendo miss little detail with update...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: don't mind me, just liking all of SDIO's posts, they deserve it for...