Alkéryn

Moon Dweller ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think you have a monitor with low response time and it does this effect
it's not the switch, it is the monitor

also on BOTW when you are at place with high gpu demand, it lower the resolution instead of the framrate
but it don't lower more than 10%

Reactions: MAXLEMPIRA

Social_Outlaw

G.B.A.T.e.m.p T.e.m.p.l.a.r K.n.i.g.h.t
OP
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Have anyone experienced blur issues when moving the camera around? Every time I move the camera around the resolution jumps from clear native to a slight blur and vice versa?

Sent from my KFGIWI using Tapatalk
It's undocked everyone and I'm sure.

Edmire2k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ugh do people not know what Dynamic Resolution Scaling is? Breath of the wild automatically adjust it's internal resolution sometimes to help keep a stable performance. On Wii U it Downscales 720p to 668p internally to help reduce frame drops. On the switch in TV mode it downscales 900p to 868p and the same as the Wii U in handheld mode.

It's not a Switch issue, not a TV issue... It's called Dynamic Resolution Scaling and the game will automatically do it to prevent frame drops. Most of the time you don't notice it and sometimes it's just plain obvious.

Look it up. Dynamic Resolution Scaling.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Here Even Eurogamer has pointed out the Resolution Scaling.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...y8xin-XvPC5w3mZ8A&sig2=dxDlGFeuHPhsX9YMsirhkg

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If you look it up on google, tons and tons of games do it, we just don't notice it most of the time. But now you know what it is. :)

ApolloCheese

the shy guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
i noticed the motion blur after the first update that tried to reduce the framerate issues. happens in areas that had massive slowdowns before. i think they might solve these framerate issues by lowering the resolution in certain areas, just like its done in fast rmx.

Social_Outlaw

G.B.A.T.e.m.p T.e.m.p.l.a.r K.n.i.g.h.t
OP
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I think I know what your talking about I believe? I had Dragon Age Inquisition on PC, and I seen resolution scaling and I pulled it back slighty to gain a bit of frames. That's the first time I ever seen it. I thought it was only for PC though...

Edmire2k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I know what your talking about I believe? I had Dragon Age Inquisition on PC, and I seen resolution scaling and I pulled it back slighty to gain a bit of frames. That's the first time I ever seen it. I thought it was only for PC though...

Nope... Tons of console games do it.. Like I said, it's just not very noticeable. Breath of the Wild does it a LOT though.

petethepug

PUG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been noticing it while the console is in portable mode. Very annoying sometimes, although I barley notice it unless I am in a village.

Haven't tried TV Mode though yet.

Edmire2k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been noticing it while the console is in portable mode. Very annoying sometimes, although I barley notice it unless I am in a village.

Haven't tried TV Mode though yet.

Depending on your resolution settings and TV sharpness, it might be noticeable or not it depends.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo