Homebrew YSMenu Save Issue and DScovered Autoboot

bantheradio

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all. First time posting in this area of the forum. Please be gentle.

So I just recently got a R4 clone (R4i-Best), hated the given firmware, and have since converted to using a combination of TTMenu, YSMenu, and DScovered. In the process of the conversion, I am now having issues using the original saves I had generated when using the r4i firmware. Very simply the problem is when I launch a game in DScovered (using YSMenu launcher), the game seems to overwrite my previously generated saves with a new, smaller save file. I did a quick search and believe the problem is linked to the Savlib.dat file. However, I was unable to find a fix for this specific issues. Any help would be appreciated.

Additionally, I was wondering if there was any way I could simplify my setup by always booting to DScovered when I insert my flashcard. At the present time it boots as follows:

DS Menu
TTMenu
DScovered

Is there any way to have TTMenu automatically load the DScovered NDS when it loads? I've tried doing the YSMenu autobooting the DScovered NDS but had a "fat" error.

Once again, any help would be greatly appreciated.

bantheradio

bantheradio

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe some clarification on the issue former.

I played Chrono Trigger for roughly 4 hours while on the original firmware of the card. When booting the game via TTMenu, using my backedup save file (from retail cart), the game boots just fine and I am able to use the save. When booting through DScovered, the save file is overwritten when the YSmenu launcher loads the game.

TestNtune

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bantheradio said:
Nevermind. I figured it out. Thank you.

So is there any way to automatically boot to DScovered?

Yes, You need to download this file: http://spinalcode.co.uk/wp-content/plugins...wnload.php?id=1
Now view the readme file and it will give you a step by step guide on installing DSCovered. If you follow all the steps it will autoboot. Typically to autoboot you will rename the nds file that you want to auto boot to "ttmenu.dat". Also, not mentioned in the guide is a file that fixes gamesaves from corrupting. It is at the fileserve site. If you follow the readme instructions, it will be having you go to the site and search for The devs name and on the result list will be the fix file for the saves although it is not mentioned. Put that file in the loaders folder of DSCovered when all the other steps are completed. Then choose that as your loader from page two of DSCovered settings on the DS instead of the regular YSmenu loader.
Oh, and by the way, the saves don't interchange between the regular ttds menu and the YSmenu (DSCovered). You have choose one or the other for your rom loader as the saves don't work for both. Also you have to delete all the saves before installing DSCovered because it will not overwrite the ttds ones, it will only create new saves if none are present. LOL it can get complicated but once you get it going correctly, it is trouble free, no fuss.

bantheradio

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the end, my original saves do not work any more. It's just a small price to pay for such an awesome program, however. Thanks for all your help.

As far as autobooting goes, I'm getting a "FAT Init Fail - Make sure is DLDI patched" error.

Xenon++

Taiju Yamada
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
1. There are no means to restore your saves... Backup often. BTW anyway one of the reasons that I've created extlink wrapper is to avoid reset handling bug...

2. You need to patch DSCovered(ttmenu.dat) with ttio.dldi

TestNtune

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xenon++ said:
TestNtune, your detailed explanation is somehow strange. loader_ysmenu.nds did have a bug about reset handling.
Yes, it was kinda sketchy lol. Was just trying to help. Mostly just following the readme file in the download I linked up to is all that is needed to get going. Only thing I don't like about the new loader patch is that I cannot hold L+R triggers and xyab to reset. Supposedly if you just shut off the DS while in a game instead of doing that, it will start messing up files on the microsd card. Oh well... have not had that happen yet and I am happy with DSCovered. I wish Menudo would be done someday though. Spinal is working on a new iphone type menu now but it is currently only for DStwo carts and it's not done quite yet.

bantheradio

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just shut down my DS while a game was still loaded and had all of my data corrupted on my card. Is this a known issue? If so, is there a fix in the works?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Seems like your wifey likes hers black. :creep:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "BS" stands for "Bowel Scraping" because that's what whole grain does.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been eating honey wheat bread scrumptious
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge