Hardware Your preferred brightness settings?

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I first got the system, I believe the default was brightness at max (5) with power saving turned off. After seeing how fast the battery drained, I turned the power-saving feature on, turned the brightness down to 3, and I keep the Wi-Fi turned off when I'm not trying to StreetPass, etc. Thing is, I was playing on my PSP for hours yesterday, and after going back to my 3DS with those settings, the screen looks dull in comparison, very much like my old DS phat.

What settings do you keep your system at, and do you find that shutting off Wi-Fi alone is enough to conserve a substantial amount of battery charge?

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Brightness 3, power saving on/off at times. I always leave wi-fi on.

Lasts for a desirable amount of time, about 4 - 5.5 hours i think...

I'm used to it, cuz all my consoles/electronics are at low resolution.

The Pi

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
As with all console/devices if I'm not using wifi it's off (I don't bother with streetpass)
I also keep the brightness to the lowest level that I can still see everything clearly, 1-3 normally.

I do this with everything. I'm used to it.

klim28

Hunter4Life
Trophies
XP
Country
I always use max brightness
smile.gif

hakujintanuki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I keep mine at 4, power-saving off, wifi always on. I leave it in sleep mode on my commute (trains, usually get a couple streetpass hits), shut it off when I get to work, turn it back on for my commute home, play on the train sometimes, play a bit at home, plug it in when I go to bed. Battery life is plenty for me.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3-4, power-saving off/on or Max, power saving off/on. Depend on what going on.

Most of the time Max. Wifi also most of the time.

I don't see yellowish on there. Well only change I notice is the home pull up menu is change
slightly.

Seaking

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
brightness at 1, power saving on and wifi/wireless on.

not too bad for me, even tho i use it alot of the time.

RNorthex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
brightness 1, powersaving on, wireless sometimes
and it's still too bright at night with no lights on, same with the dsi....[and even my monitor]

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eighteen said:
Everything High and On, I just charge it a lot ;D
Same here. When I try to lower the brightness, it just doesn't look crisp to me. Only if I were traveling, and wouldn't be able to charge it, I might lower things and turn power save on. I only play my 3DS at home anyways, so it doesn't matter to me.

nicklessguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I like to play with my 3DS plugged on a socket, since it gets a stronger backlight than possible without it (it's like brightness lv6).
When im on the run, i use 3/4 with power saving on, wi-fi off.

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I usually keep my brightness at 1 for my DSi, PSP, and 3DS, unless I get wrapped up into a game. Then, I'll max out the settings, plug in my headphones, and then just space out. But, that hasn't happened in a while - the last time that's happened with my DSi was Strange Journey, Persona 3 on my PSP, aaaand it hasn't happened yet on my 3DS.

I will adjust the lighting for circumstances, though. And it always surprises me as to how bright these things get - I almost dropped my PSP after playing for 2 hours straight on the lowest setting when I maxed out the lighting by mistake in between loading screens. (Thought it was the volume switch.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock