Homebrew Your favorite SNES games playable on SNEmulDS .5b?

lawliet

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.domain.kefi.org
XP
Country
Senegal
Currently Super Mario All-Stars + Super Mario World. There seem to be a weird issue of the bottom of the graphics being chopped off when playing the levels.

Waiting for Yoshi's Island to become compatible...

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Currently Super Mario All-Stars + Super Mario World. There seem to be a weird issue of the bottom of the graphics being chopped off when playing the levels.

I doubt Yoshi's Island will ever become compatible, it uses a SuperFX2 custom chip.

housemonkey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You can fix that probelm (Mario World + All Stars) by adjusting one of the setting...

I want to say scroll middle, top, bottom, or something to that effect (I have been playing around with far too many emus this month to keep track
wacko.gif
). I can go check, but there is a simple option that will fix that and make it much more playable...

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably the Yscroll option, which adjusts the vertical position of the screen. The SNES resolution is 256x224 while the DS's is 256x192, so there are 32 pixels that are cut off. The default behavior is to cut 16 pixels from the top and bottom each, but you can adjust this using the Yscroll option.

Hero-Link

Hero of Derrr
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
just one question... do the games have sound? Because last time i tried they didnt, and i'm seeing to many persons here playing games o.o

suprneb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for super mario world, every time i get to a boss in a castle, something goes wrong (i.e. the background is all red, the platforms are all gone, the boss itself is invisible)

however, for a certain boss the problems will always be the same (i.e. the boss of castle 2 is ALWAYS invisible and the problem isnt a random one)

anyone else have the same problems? is there anyway to fix this in the graphics configuration or the options?

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
for super mario world, every time i get to a boss in a castle, something goes wrong (i.e. the background is all red, the platforms are all gone, the boss itself is invisible)

however, for a certain boss the problems will always be the same (i.e. the boss of castle 2 is ALWAYS invisible and the problem isnt a random one)

anyone else have the same problems? is there anyway to fix this in the graphics configuration or the options?

In OPTIONS play a little bit with the layers, something like BG1/BGR/OFF/SPR may workand if it doesn't try different combinations.

suprneb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok the layers didnt work, but i changed it to no vblank and the boss appeared but there were still some problems in the graphics but i still managed to beat it lol so thanks

suprneb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for super mario world, after you beat the game and all the credits/char intros are done, and once the THE END screen comes up with mario, peach, and luigi, how long do i have to wait before it goes on after the music stops?

once i get to that screen and once all the music stops playing, i cant do anything to go back to the main screen by pressing any of the buttons

i remember usually once the music stops i can press start or something to go back to the menu screen at which point i can continue playing with the koopas having mario-like faces and such

is there just something wrong with the ROM?

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyone else have problems similar to mine with super mario world?
That's actually how the original game works. Once you beat the game, it stays on that screen forever. To get the enemies to change appearance, you have to beat all the levels in the special world (accessible through Star World).

K

KaliKot

dbz hyper dimension doesnt work =(

yuyu hakusho 3 is playable but with graphical glitches which affect the gameplay (lifebar and etc)

yuyu hakusho final is unplayable

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: there was a "HD" redrawn version of :creep: someone made at one point but i didnt save it