Hacking Discussion You cannot link a Nintendo account on a banned Switch.

Astoria

Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
The maybe next time actually don't break Nintendo ToS?

Every single game says that it may be rendered unplayable by modifying your console. You took that risk. It's entirely you to blame.

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree with this, and I'll expand upon it. What Nintendo have effectively said Is that should you indulge in piracy we will take away your right to use our services, now that is fair enough it is their right to do so and their duty to discourage theft. However, the way they have done this is by saying that due to your choice of illegitimate means we shall take away your choice of legitimate means. Essentially if you want to pirate then that's all you will do.

This is absurd, as firstly it essentially assumes anyone who pirates a game would not also legitimately purchase another game, which is wrong. I personally pirate games, however, I also purchase games too.

Secondly it also then snowballs the effect of piracy, with no legitimate way to purchase digitally, piracy then becomes the primary route of access to digital media. Not from choice, from necessity. Which financially only damages themselves and not those they are punishing in the first place.

The smart thing for Nintendo to do would have been a simple online ban for flagged titles. You want to steal games, fine, but you're not playing them online. However you can still choose to do the right thing, purchase games, fund developers.

Does Nintendo's stance discourage piracy in the first place? No, people who wanted to pirate games to any financial detriment to Nintendo are not concerned with purchasing any games in the first place. It simply removes the choice to continue to financially support Nintendo and it's developers, for those people who were willing to do so.

Removal of choice to do the right thing is not a punishment, it is a justification for doing the wrong thing.
dam shame for those like me who are demo pirates. pirate a game to try it out, if I like it I buy it once I have the cash, if I don't like it then I dump that shit faster then ever. I don't want a bad game wasting my space

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I wonder what they'll say to people who buy a banned switch...
fuck you. they don't say it directly but they do simply tell you your shit out of luck.

Risingdawn

Tempallica
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
dam shame for those like me who are demo pirates. pirate a game to try it out, if I like it I buy it once I have the cash, if I don't like it then I dump that shit faster then ever. I don't want a bad game wasting my space

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

fuck you. they don't say it directly but they do simply tell you your shit out of luck.
Not to mention the people banned who only mod for homebrew. Nintendo have created pirates for no reason with those folks.

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not to mention the people banned who only mod for homebrew. Nintendo have created pirates for no reason with those folks.
There is a competitor to every sales platform out there, this competitor is piracy. One of the big goals any of these platforms has to acomplish is providing better easy of use and availability then a piracy site. If they can do this then they can net many people who pirate because something is easier or only pirate because what they want isn't available. The more they have available to everyone and in a easier manner the better. I'm sure Nintendo removing region locking and letting you just punch in a jp account to access those games gave a little bit of a rise in sales of some jp games and the piracy rates a little lower in return.

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree with this, and I'll expand upon it. What Nintendo have effectively said Is that should you indulge in piracy we will take away your right to use our services, now that is fair enough it is their right to do so and their duty to discourage theft. However, the way they have done this is by saying that due to your choice of illegitimate means we shall take away your choice of legitimate means. Essentially if you want to pirate then that's all you will do.

This is absurd, as firstly it essentially assumes anyone who pirates a game would not also legitimately purchase another game, which is wrong. I personally pirate games, however, I also purchase games too.

Secondly it also then snowballs the effect of piracy, with no legitimate way to purchase digitally, piracy then becomes the primary route of access to digital media. Not from choice, from necessity. Which financially only damages themselves and not those they are punishing in the first place.

The smart thing for Nintendo to do would have been a simple online ban for flagged titles. You want to steal games, fine, but you're not playing them online. However you can still choose to do the right thing, purchase games, fund developers.

Does Nintendo's stance discourage piracy in the first place? No, people who wanted to pirate games to any financial detriment to Nintendo are not concerned with purchasing any games in the first place. It simply removes the choice to continue to financially support Nintendo and it's developers, for those people who were willing to do so.

Removal of choice to do the right thing is not a punishment, it is a justification for doing the wrong thing.
oh i agree no to mention someone can legit purchase NSP's/eshop games and share with the scene so either way nintendo lost with revision 1 switches and there are so many of them warez sites can easily fundraise to horde virgin switches for the sole purpose of dumping games same goes with future firmware updates as i said there are over what nine mil first rev consoles out and i bet only a fraction is banned

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

Here's the thing though, i can kinda understand why Nintendo took that route. It's not just a matter of someone buying a game and then sharing it with other people for free so those people get the game via illegal means, no. The fact is, trough tools like CDNSP and FreeShopNX, people are DIRECTLY accessing Nintendo's servers and STEALING their content right out from under their noses. As such, their only option is to completely block access to their servers. Sure they are taking away your option for legit purchases in the future BUT if all they did was online bans, they would be loosing A LOT more money in the long run. Sure it's not every pirate that doesn't buy games legit, i do that myself(buy legit games i mean) but given the option of using those tools, i bet the majority of people would just take the easy route and download their stuff straight from the CDN sever. Nintendo only had to up their security measures because the means of piracy were improved and increased as well. It's a vicious cycle at this point

Canna

Bad Ass Poisonous Mushroom
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow so you play with fire and get burned and moan about it...
You like every other person should know that if you hack/cfw/homebrew a switch that your gonna get banned or flagged if you go online... You also have not made a nand backup which is stupid really but each to there own ...

You got yourself banned why blame nintendo. Ask them to unlink your account if your so worried about your purchases and use them on a legit switch...

And to clear two things up wrote by members in this thread .

1 A nand backup/restore will not unban you.
2 The console has a id/cert and thats what is banned.

Reactions: Jax_Ripper

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I think they should tie up diddy, and let all the victims come and abuse him, we'll make a...