Switch console banned, some questions regarding linked Nintendo account

AceOfDeath

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So my CFW switch was just banned, it might’ve happened a bit ago and I didn’t realize, but I noticed it today. I’m not really sure how it happened as I did use tinfoil to install Mario Wonder but it was all done on Emummc with Nintendo servers blocked (using the custom DNS method). I’m not too upset about it though, but I do need some help, specifically in understanding the fate of my account. I know that only the console was banned, not the account, and I now plan to use this switch exclusively for offline modded use without worrying about what I’m doing, which includes installing more games through tinfoil. I just want to make sure my account won’t be banned by continuing to do these things since I can’t find any way to unlink my account officially; I tried contacting support but they were unable to help, and I tried manual methods such as deleting my user account and formatting the console but both don't allow me to do so because the account can not be unlinked. If it’s not a risk to my account then I will just keep it on the console, but I do plan to continue using this account as my main one if I got a new switch.

Tl;dr Is keeping my Nintendo account on my banned switch console a risk to the account itself getting banned, and is there any way to remove it without further risking my account getting banned.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should be able to log into your account in a new switch. They typically do system ban when go online with pirated content. You would get account back if you do like chargeback.

AceOfDeath

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should be able to log into your account in a new switch. They typically do system ban when go online with pirated content. You would get account back if you do like chargeback.
I see, so even if I continue using the Switch to pirate games I won't get account banned, and then I can just link the account to a new Switch later on without issue?

Ondrashek06

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Another way to get account banned is to try tricking Nintendo support into giving you free games, according to Reddit. But yeah, account bans are not for homebrewing your Switch.

• Haha
Reactions: impeeza

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol