Yokai watch 4 French Patch Questions

Lusty

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello evrybody I'm the guy who is making the yokai watch 4 mods in french and since I posted the first version, nobody sent me a message on discord to buy it

So I would like to know if it's because the mods is not free, if it's because nobody wants a yokai watch 4 patch or something else, please answer me in comments.
Under my post will be most of the things done in the mods, obviously not everything as it's impossible to put it all in, I've already translated chapter 1 to 3.

Attachments

• Capture d’écran (60).png
    Capture d’écran (60).png
    1.7 MB · Views: 44
  • Capture d’écran (65).png
    Capture d’écran (65).png
    820.2 KB · Views: 49
  • Capture d’écran (61).png
    Capture d’écran (61).png
    1.6 MB · Views: 48
  • Capture d’écran (59).png
    Capture d’écran (59).png
    2.9 MB · Views: 48
  • Capture d’écran (55).png
    Capture d’écran (55).png
    1.9 MB · Views: 58
  • Capture d’écran (64).png
    Capture d’écran (64).png
    1.6 MB · Views: 48
  • Capture d’écran (63).png
    Capture d’écran (63).png
    1.6 MB · Views: 49
Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello evrybody I'm the guy who is making the yokai watch 4 mods in french and since I posted the first version, nobody sent me a message on discord to buy it

So I would like to know if it's because the mods is not free, if it's because nobody wants a yokai watch 4 patch or something else, please answer me in comments.
Under my post will be most of the things done in the mods, obviously not everything as it's impossible to put it all in, I've already translated chapter 1 to 3.

I appreciate the level of effort you put into this!

Honestly, most of the folks that contribute to the Switch scene, do so without monetary compensation.

A very high percentage are bloody pirates anyway.

The number of French-speaking people on this site who don't speak English, play yokai watch 4, are not pirates, and are willing to part with any money is going to be low.

Again, I recognize your work but caution you that your expectations might not be aligned with the reality of the situation.

Reactions: nWo

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
So if I understand you correctly, you have made translation mod and you are selling it?

First of all you know any company can sue you for making mods that infringes copyright and editing original files is definitely such a case in most countries, including whole EU and Japan? They don't do that mostly because mods are shared for free, so it doesn't hurt them if it's not enabling piracy / cheating online. That's why mods are big grey area.

Second, how many free open source tools and public documentation did you use to make it? Will you share some revenue with them as donations (if they accept it)?

And btw. your discord tag in original thread is botched

Last edited by masagrator,

DrgnMasterKota

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
So if I understand you correctly, you have made translation mod and you are selling it?

First of all you know any company can sue you for making mods that infringes copyright and editing original files is definitely such a case in most countries, including whole EU and Japan? They don't do that mostly because mods are shared for free, so it doesn't hurt them if it's not enabling piracy / cheating online. That's why mods are big grey area.

Second, how many free open source tools and public documentation did you use to make it? Will you share some revenue with them as donations (if they accept it)?
We have a problem my friend. This mod is 100% the work of myself and my team that had been given to this individual as to help translate the mod into his local language for the benefit of the fans. All mods me and my team create are ALWAYS 100% free and created by the fans for the fans out of pure love and respect for the games and franchise. So I don't know what should be done about this but I for sure did not give permission or even know that this was trying to be sold until now.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We have a problem my friend. This mod is 100% the work of myself and my team that had been given to this individual as to help translate the mod into his local language for the benefit of the fans. All mods me and my team create are ALWAYS 100% free and created by the fans for the fans out of pure love and respect for the games and franchise. So I don't know what should be done about this but I for sure did not give permission or even know that this was trying to be sold until now.
^^ THIS seems more in line with what I would expect from the scene. I think you responded to the wrong guy, by the way.

Reactions: DrgnMasterKota

DrgnMasterKota

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
^^ THIS seems more in line with what I would expect from the scene. I think you responded to the wrong guy, by the way.
Yeah Masagrator actually created the YW4 CPK compiling tool for us that we needed to even make this mod a reality so just wanted to message him to let him know what is going on and he is pretty well known and if I'm not mistaken an actual moderator on this site.

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yeah Masagrator actually created the YW4 CPK compiling tool for us that we needed to even make this mod a reality so just wanted to message him to let him know what is going on and he is pretty well known and if I'm not mistaken an actual moderator on this site.
To be more clear - I didn't make this tool. I just helped searching for existing one that was compatible with YW4 and set it up for easier usage, every tool you tried before was making botched CPK.
And I'm not a mod of this site, though I like to remind people that rules exist. :P

Last edited by masagrator,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by binkinator,

NEXO0SS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
J'apprécie le niveau d'effort que vous y mettez !

Honnêtement, la plupart des gens qui contribuent à la scène Switch le font sans compensation monétaire.

Un pourcentage très élevé sont de toute façon des pirates sanglants.

Le nombre de francophones sur ce site qui ne parlent pas anglais, jouent à yokai watch 4, ne sont pas des pirates et sont prêts à se séparer de n'importe quel argent va être faible.

Encore une fois, je reconnais votre travail, mais je vous préviens que vos attentes pourraient ne pas être alignées sur la réalité de la situation

Salut j'aimerais beaucoup mais je n'arrive pas a t'ajouter sur discord

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol
    Employee code of conduct videos are awesome!!! Did you know eating the other employees is bad? I didn't know... Lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Anymore males there? :blush:
    All of us lol
    I got free every channel so that's awesome lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Give me ALL the gay pron channels, since you won't be watching them :blush::D
    +1
    Lol they exist?
    +1
    Hmmm so Mario Does Luigi's plumbing is a bad movie? Lol
    These videos are soooo dry
    Please click all suspicious links sent your email
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What to do today? Cut grass for 3-4 hours, or just get drunk and play video games... Hmm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I need a remote controlled mower, so I can sit on the couch and do both.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sounds good to me, video games and booze it is then.
    +1
  • denpafan @ denpafan:
    Good choice
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now what to play, Starfield or Fallout4. And what to drink, beer or Whiskey and Coke. Such tough decisions.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Looks like its whiskey & coke, only 4 beers left. And think ill start with Falllout. :grog:
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    THIS IMAGE IS SO SCARY WTF. THAT SURE AS HELL IS NOT A CAT THATS LIKE A FUCKING DEMON

Untitled2.png
    Bonus points for running things over with the lawn mower?
    +1
    Monster truck Lawn Mower extreme
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    she was an apple appstore girl
    he was an uptodown boy
    He was an android boy
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: He was an android boy