Yifan Lu Announces HENKaku - A New Native Vita Homebrew Enabler for 3.60.

Earlier today, Yifan Lu, a well-known member of the Vita hacking scene famous for the Rejuvenate hack for the Dev Assistants, has announced that a new (native!) Vita homebrew enabler for the latest firmware version, as of writing (3.60), will be arriving tomorrow at "9:00AM UTC".

The new hack, known as "HENKaku", will require the following:
  • A Vita/PSTV running 3.60
  • A memcard with at least 10MB of free space (internal memory is currently not supported!)
  • An FTP client
  • An internet connection**
**Offline support is now available! Launch the exploit straight from the email app without the need for internet access at all! See the unofficial release thread for more details. (Internet connection still required for installation)

This is a small paragraph of Yifan Lu himself explaining what the properties of this new homebrew enabler does:

HENkaku simply lets you install homebrew as bubbles in LiveArea. It is a native hack that disables the filesystem sandbox. It installs molecularShell, a fork of VitaShell that lets you access the memory card over FTP and install homebrew packages (which we create as VPK files). With vita-toolchain, developers have access to the same system features licensed developers have access to as well as undocumented features that licensed developers cannot use (including overclocking the processors).

The hack has been released at http://henkaku.me ~ Furthermore, the hack is said to be exclusive to 3.60, and there is to be no backports for the time being.

:arrow: Source: http://yifan.lu/2016/07/28/henkaku-vita-homebrew-for-everyone/

Last edited by , , Reason: Added info about offline installation.
D

Deleted User

OP
Mmmh I download an homebrew for the vita, but the file was on velf format. Does it work like vpk or not ?
No. It needs to be VPK. Just FTP it over to the ux0: partition, click on it within the shell, press install, and look at the home screen! :)

Reactions: cvskid

hirvimies

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
No. It needs to be VPK. Just FTP it over to the ux0: partition, click on it within the shell, press install, and look at the home screen! :)

Can you still run the homebrew after restarting the Vita or do you have to use the web browser first and then start the hb? I know you have to run the exploit after each restart but just wondering if that goes for installed homebrew as well.

D

Deleted User

OP
Can you still run the homebrew after restarting the Vita or do you have to use the web browser first and then start the hb? I know you have to run the exploit after each restart but just wondering if that goes for installed homebrew as well.
You need to still run the browser exploit every time you reboot. And yeah, it goes for installed homebrew as well.

Flirkyn

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Apparently, only .vpk works. Devs will need to "convert" their apps to .vpk in order for them to work with HENkaku.
Ahah well I knowed how to install vpk, but it's too bad that all homebrew are not available (though, I guess I can understand why and that's not an easy thing to do ^^")
Well, guess I'll have to wait before having my snes emulator on my vita xD
Thanks for the reply :)

D

Deleted User

OP
I took the liberty of shooting an installation video for anyone who's interested in seeing this in action!

I will put this in the OP as well.

Reactions: nccom and Hicip1956

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: impossible thing accomplished today lol +1