Hacking 3.60 Enso half-installed?

Henrico

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Nevermind, I realised I hadn't checked all the boxes correctly in QCMA. I guess I was rushing.

However, upon seeing the "3.60 is available"-message when updating, I get the error code C3-3822-5 which allegedly is a region code problem, and I already checked "ignore xml". I even tried without the file present first. Then I downloaded it and tried with the "ignore" box checked. Same errorcode. Then I tried editing the XML file with every single region code of this example page and letting QCMA not ignore the xml but to no avail. Every time I changed the region code, I saved the xml file and quit QCMA and retried the process.

I also tried the DNS trick shown in this guide but it says I'm already up to date.

I'm getting really frustrated and I'm about to try 3.65 instead. However, if the same region code error shows up I'm really not sure what to do. And I still don't know if 3.65 would be safe, even though Tom's post seems to indicate it.

tosti

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Based on the information you have given, an experienced member (Tom) has given their input.

Altering a system always introduces a possibility of failure. That's why you have asked knowledgeable people for help you with the next step forward. Tom has given his input based on the information you have shared so find comfort and solace in the knowledge that you have informed yourself optimally on that next step. However, in the end there is no certainty if this will work until you try it.

The proof is in the pudding, as they say. You must try either the pudding or updating to 3.65 before knowing for sure if it gives you your desired result..

All you have for certain now is a Vita that does not function as you want it to. Plus you have a time constraint because you want to give the Vita to someone that is leaving soon.

Henrico

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Based on the information you have given, an experienced member (Tom) has given their input.

Altering a system always introduces a possibility of failure. That's why you have asked knowledgeable people for help you with the next step forward. Tom has given his input based on the information you have shared so find comfort and solace in the knowledge that you have informed yourself optimally on that next step. However, in the end there is no certainty if this will work until you try it.

The proof is in the pudding, as they say. You must try either the pudding or updating to 3.65 before knowing for sure if it gives you your desired result..

All you have for certain now is a Vita that does not function as you want it to. Plus you have a time constraint because you want to give the Vita to someone that is leaving soon.
Absolutely, and my guess is that 3.65 should be safe but the only clear input I have on the specific 3.65 issue is your input, which you yourself state is not very clear. So, without wishing to be rude towards you nor nag @Tom Bombadildo , I'd be safest to wait for his input.

Either way, I'm very grateful for the help and diagnostics I've gotten so far! :)

tosti

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Absolutely, and my guess is that 3.65 should be safe but the only clear input I have on the specific 3.65 issue is your input, which you yourself state is not very clear. So, without wishing to be rude towards you nor nag @Tom Bombadildo , I'd be safest to wait for his input.

Either way, I'm very grateful for the help and diagnostics I've gotten so far! :)
Maybe I misunderstood the reason for your hesitation. You want to know about OFW 3.65 specifically--I thought you were still doubtful about OFW in general.

This is how I see it: if OFW has a high likelihood of being installed without incident over the current firmware, then I would deem the current firmware 'safe.' With 'safe' I mean that the currently installed firmware does not look suspicious to the new OFW.

Assuming your current firmware would be deemed 'safe' for installation of OFW 3.60, why would it then be 'unsafe' for OFW 3.65? In other words, if you do not expect anything to go wrong installing OFW 3.60, I do not see why installing OFW 3.65 would prove hazardous.

But hey, that's just my take on it with the little experience and knowledge I have. Once Tom wakes up and is done playing Final Fantasy VII Remake (a wild guess but it looks like everyone but me is playing FF7R since my shipment got delayed), maybe he can provide some peace of mind.

Last edited by tosti,

Henrico

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Assuming your current firmware would be deemed 'safe' for installation of OFW 3.60, why would it then be 'unsafe' for OFW 3.65? In other words, if you do not expect anything to go wrong installing OFW 3.60, I do not see why installing OFW 3.65 would prove hazardous.
In these cases, nothing really makes sense so anything that would occur self-explanatory can just as well be a big no-no. Sure, 3.60-crazy to 3.60-OFW is deemed safe and therefore 3.60-crazy to 3.65-OFW should be deemed safe, but who knows. In any case, if that error code pops up for the 3.65 update I don't know what to do. In any case, 3.60 or 3.65 might both need a hand in getting past the region code error, so I'll wait a bit more :)

Reactions: tosti

Henrico

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Made the jump to 3.65 and got it all working with hacks and everything. Seems to have been a problem with the boot txt file.

Will report more on this tomorrow. Until then, thank you all for helping me :)

-

EDIT: As stated, I couldn't get to 3.60 no matter what combination of xml check/uncheck or region code I selected. I did the same procedure but with 3.65 instead and selected the manual firmware in QCMA to 03.650.000 (I believe it was), and then everything went smooth. Official 3.65, no strange start screen (original PS instead), no strange epilepsy warning or other stuff that indicated it was anything else than 3.65 OFW. So after rebooting, I followed the standard guides for getting started from 3.65. H-encore1 through FinalHE,

I noticed however that the step 6 details weren't sufficient:

6. Select the method you wish to use to connect to finalhe
  • If you are prompted to log-in to a PlayStation Network Account, do so
  • If you do not have a PlayStation Network Account, create one

Logging onto your account from these menus doesn't work, it just keeps chugging on a loading screen until it disconnects. What you have to do is abort the procedure (if running), then go to Settings -> PSN and there you log in with your details. As long as you don't try to play an online game or go into the PSN Store, you don't have to update and you're registered enough for the time being. Only then can you go into the manual updating procedure.

Also, "hold R when prompted" is a short warning. This time window for pressing R is only two seconds long. You gotta read that line very fast and make your decision, otherwise it doesn't run as intended.

After that, I downgraded to 3.60 and feared that the henkaku.xyz-eploit would be just as broken as the last time, but no, this time it worked. The rest went pretty smoothly, except for one point where (I think it was) Enso or Modoru said something was broken/corrupted and asked if it should try again. Something or other like that, but it seemed to know what it wanted so I basically just follwed orders :P In any case, it wasn't about uninstalling anything like Tom warned me about.

Last edited by Henrico,
Reactions: tosti

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I really didn't like playing online against other people always felt like I was being matched...