MegasXLR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Hey everyone,

I've just bought a Vita 2000 & it's my very first one ever so apologies if the question is silly but here goes.
I've seen tutorials (CFWAIFU/h-encore-2/) that h-encore^2 supports firmwares 3.65-3.74. I currently have 3.65 and won't upgrade or downgrade as this is one of the two awesome firmwares (other being 3.60).
My question is is it possible for me to install h-encore^2 on 3.65 or not? The tutorial linked above states it is but whenever I use FinalHE it installs the normal h-encore (not h-encore^2).
I found this (GITHUB/soarqin/finalhe/issues/131) issue on FinalHE's GitHub page where they advise to use the latest version of the tool but that's what I am using and still only h-encore gets installed.
I also dug around the source code for FinalHE and found this (GITHUB/soarqin/finalhe/blob/8dcb1d5af63320bdac26cf08403b41c50c38006d/src/finalhe.cc) file, particularly the following piece of code:
C++:
void FinalHE::enableStart() {
    if (checkFwUpdate()) {
        if (vita->getDeviceVersion() <= "3.61")
            pkg->setCoreType(ECoreType::Memecore);
        else if (vita->getDeviceVersion() <= "3.68")
            pkg->setCoreType(ECoreType::HEncore);
        else
            pkg->setCoreType(ECoreType::HEncore2);
        ui.textPkg->setText(tr("Click button to START!"));
        ui.btnStart->setEnabled(true);
    }
}
Here it's stated that if I am on less than 3.68 & above 3.61, which I am in my case, then the normal h-encore should be used (which is what happens currently).
If I go to TheOfficialFlow's GitHub page for h-encore^2 (GITHUB/TheOfficialFloW/h-encore-2) there it says it supports 3.65. If so why is FinalHE made to not install it if on 3.65 if the author states it supports it?
So finally is it possible to get h-encore^2 on 3.65 or not as I am confused with the tutorials saying "yes" but the source code and practical experience saying "no".
Also what are the actual differences between the two (if any) and would I miss out on anything major by using h-encore over h-encore^2?
If they're practically the same I guess I would go with h-encore as installing it is easier than building everything myself for h-encore^2 as noted in TheOfficialFlow's instructions.

Hoping you guys can clear things up for me, cheers :)

PS: Seems like I can't yet insert links so that's why the main site domains are replaced with the site's name in capital letters.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should be using HENio if you are on 3.65, if you are on other firmware that is above 3.60 and not 3.65 you should update to 3.74 and use HENio.

As for h-encore and finalhe are just method to setup up and run henaku on the vita.

Reactions: MegasXLR

MegasXLR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
So in the end it doesn't matter what version of h-encore I have or if I use HENIo instead as they all simply install HENkaku which is the same no matter the tool used ?

Kibbutz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Because h-encore 2.0 a bit more stable comparing to h-encore^2.
Before downgrading my slim vita to 3.65 i tried h-hencore, h-encore 2 and henlo and the last one is surely the most reliable (maybe even better than the henkaku page on 3.60)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: as to you