Kaos

Good show!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mrfatso said:
haha, i just gotten past haggle man yesterday, now i am stuck at rally king, anyone know how to do a drift boost?
Start a drift (release A for a split second and turn), then hold the same angle for about a second to get the boost.

The game tells you all this if you look in the manuals.

RetroVortex

Trophies
XP
Country
I really love this game! and I look forward to the sequal.
I'm currently on the final challenge, which is a seemingly daunting challenge.
However the magazines are a huge help and most of the challenge is complete.
(I just got haggleman 3 left!!!)

Filter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hate haggleman I always mess up right before I beat the challenge. But I love the game as a whole.

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I... I really wanna hack this game.
Change all the graphics, increase numbers on some challenges, new dialog, maybe even better voices?
It's just begging for it.
I mean its retro style games. It just needs it.
Plus the magazines and the single graphic for the bedroom could use a little westernizing too.
Its odd that a Japanese magazine has people writing in from California and what not.
All they did was translate it, change some parts and stamp their faces over the Japanese ones.
Wich kinda seems odd in a Japanese style magazine. Especially after seeing the origonal Japanese one.

I wana finish their job and change nearly everything atleast graphicly.
I'll call it Retro Game Challenge SP!
You'll have to write letters to enter a contest to get it.

I'm still playing through the US version.
I already beat the Japanese version using the guide on GameFAQs.com
The games are pretty good. Can't wait for the sequel.
Hope that gets a more faithfull translation.
Though I'd love to see a US targeted version kinda like Elite Beat Agents was to Quenden.

Now to try hacking the darn thing....
Find my old tools and get something done with it.
Maybe I'll start doing it the hard way first to show some direction. (making new graphics based on snaps of the game in an emulator)
Maybe Haggle man can be GBAtemp man! xD

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tinymonkeyt said:
anyone beat the game?
or someone wanna upload the save where everygame is unlocked?

pwease and tank u?

I have the Japanese one with everything unlocked but the games final challenge (beat and finish the game) still yet to be completed.

I'm almost done with the US version. On my last challenge with the RPG game.

I'll upload my Japanese save for ya. Its a CycloDS save so be sure to convert it if needed.
Webbased convert here

Game Center CX (J) All games games unlocked [cycloDS] - 1w2.sav
You can replay the challenges but without the ability to use cheats in the free play mode.
Sound Test has yet to be unlocked.
Though I suggest playing it from the begining for the story and what not. Its kinda silly, even if it is rather cut of all the good parts.
All games are unlocked and playable, so you can just focus on beating them normally.

Update: Just tested the Japanese save on the US rom and it works fine. Just rename and enjoy.

Link5084

Sword & Shield at your service
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm just wondering, but after you beat Rally King SP, your given the option of Not Selling it and Selling it. What happens when you choose the option to sell it?

Mr.Mister

OP
Trophies
Website
forum.72dpiarmy.com
XP
Country
United States
Link5084 said:
I'm just wondering, but after you beat Rally King SP, your given the option of Not Selling it and Selling it. What happens when you choose the option to sell it?
What?
blink.gif

cupajoe

Have a cup of joe!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Link5084 said:
He decides it's valuable and keeps it anyways. I told him to sell it. I didn't like Rally King a whole lot, ha ha.

Truliche

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ecuador
Can anyone upload a save with the three first Cosmic Gate challenges beaten? I just started this game and beat those three and the warp gate challenge was a pain, does anyone coincidentally have a save from those 3 beaten?

misterCraig

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mixinluv2u said:
in order to "finish/beat the game" for the final challenge, do i need to end up at 1st place for the rally games? or just complete all races?

I finished second in at least one of the races and it still counted.

Haggle Man 3 was a bitch to complete. I stupidly lost all but one of my lives on my way to the final boss about 6 times, and by the time I reached the boss my health was half gone and then I'd die and want to throw my DS at the wall. I kept at it though and finally managed to beat the boss. Everything is done now, all games completed.
smile.gif

Glacius0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
shadow1w2 said:
tinymonkeyt said:
anyone beat the game?
or someone wanna upload the save where everygame is unlocked?

pwease and tank u?

I have the Japanese one with everything unlocked but the games final challenge (beat and finish the game) still yet to be completed.

I'm almost done with the US version. On my last challenge with the RPG game.

I'll upload my Japanese save for ya. Its a CycloDS save so be sure to convert it if needed.
Webbased convert here

Game Center CX (J) All games games unlocked [cycloDS] - 1w2.sav
You can replay the challenges but without the ability to use cheats in the free play mode.
Sound Test has yet to be unlocked.
Though I suggest playing it from the begining for the story and what not. Its kinda silly, even if it is rather cut of all the good parts.
All games are unlocked and playable, so you can just focus on beating them normally.

Update: Just tested the Japanese save on the US rom and it works fine. Just rename and enjoy.
I just broke my 8GB microSD while trying to get it out of a new microSD card reader. Very sad
frown.gif
I lost my save which was exactly at the same point as your save is so I thank you^^

SleepingDragon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm stuck on the Rally King SP challenge of doing a "boost start". I've tried everything, read the mags 10 times, read the manual 10 times. How do you do a %@$*#$%^*$ boost start???

greygoosecat

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I posted to a question like this before in the other Retro thread. The "cheat" was in a '86 4 mag or something...can't bother rechecking. Push A between 3 and 2.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-