Gaming [XSEED] Retro Game Challenge

JDandy

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Breezed through all the challenges, untill I unlocked RALLY KING.
I ABSOLUTELY ABHORR THAT GAME. Thank god the challenges were lenient.
So then I breezed through some more challenges, all happy that I would never have to play another racing game.
RALLY KING SP.
hate2.gif

Eventually unlocked Guadia Quest for Freeplay, and stopped right there.
Haggle man 3 doesn't interest me, 1 & 2 were fun, as was Star Prince.
Guadia Quest is a bit bland, but it's a rockin' tribute to the old NES RPGs.
I'm not even going to continue the challenges, all the games I like are in Freeplay now.

This game is really short; I did all this in one day.
Unless one REALLY REALLY likes his retro (i.e. used to have games like these) or this game doesn't cost as much as other DS games, I wouldn't pay for it, to be frank. I wonder if we'll see a sequel game to this?

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JDandy said:
Haggle man 3 doesn't interest me, 1 & 2 were fun

Unless one REALLY REALLY likes his retro (i.e. used to have games like these) or this game doesn't cost as much as other DS games, I wouldn't pay for it, to be frank. I wonder if we'll see a sequel game to this?
Haggleman 3 is totally different to 1 & 2.

Sequel is out in Japan in two weeks.

InuYasha

Professional Coke Fiend
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Honestly I didn't care for Haggleman 1 & 2 I thought it was boring,Haggleman 3 seems ninja gaidenish to me which is alot more fun.....

Jei

Translator and romhacker wannabe
Trophies
Website
space.offgamers.com
XP
Country
Brazil
I've been playing at night before sleeping... yesterday it got me up until almost 4AM
wacko.gif

Just got Haggleman 2 and beat two challenges. I didn't knew it would get that long to obtain 3 scrolls because I just keept dying and the scrolls got reseted to 0 while I keep on continuing the game
rofl2.gif

The game's so amazing by the fact that I can't see the time going by when I'm playing it
yaynds.gif

Aw... trailer for second one got me hyped, but I don't wanna play it in japanese because I want to understand all the jokes XD

JDandy

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hadrian Uranium said:
Sequel is out in Japan in two weeks.
{video}

Haha, those games look like fun, too. Hopefully they'll localize that game as well. Thanks Hadrian.

misterCraig

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
gokujr1000 said:
Lol I can't get past the second challenge in the first game where you have to use two warp holes. It get's very annoying and difficult.

If you're finding it hard to shoot the flashing alien thing as they're moving, just wait for them to settle in formation. Don't shoot anything until they've stopped, as shooting any of the others stops you from getting the warp.

Icey

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Best way to get 200,000 in the first game? The rest of the challenges were a breeze.
I'm guessing time warp to the end and shoot enough stuff so the end game multiplier makes it over 200k? Loving that there's cheats btw.

acoustic.digital

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Icey said:
Best way to get 200,000 in the first game? The rest of the challenges were a breeze.
I'm guessing time warp to the end and shoot enough stuff so the end game multiplier makes it over 200k? Loving that there's cheats btw.

try shooting the big asteroids in the asteroid fields, they rack up 15,000 points. also read the magazines, there's a cheat where you can instantly power up your weapon; just combo away and you'll have 200,000 after field 8 or so.

Orusaka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I really love this game for some reason. I was so happy my Japanese save tranfered over. If you ask me, though, the challenges are just the beginning, the freeplay is the great part. Trying to beat that high score again, grinding up the stats to get a higher score from Arino. Still stuck on C. Those are some unbelievable numbers you need to raise those stats. My A-button presses are the closest to 5 starts, currently at 4, and I have more than 123k presses.

As for the challenges, they shouldn't be too hard for anyone, really. It only took me a few hours of practise, and I could, with some luck, make it through all 64 levels without continues or warps. According to my stats, I've done this 8 times. I love the fact that it keeps those kinds of stats. That freeplay has one stat for completed without continues, and one for with. Too bad it doesn't distinguish between completed with or withouth warps, though.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
acoustic.digital said:
Icey said:

try shooting the big asteroids in the asteroid fields, they rack up 15,000 points. also read the magazines, there's a cheat where you can instantly power up your weapon; just combo away and you'll have 200,000 after field 8 or so.
I'll mention that the code only seems to work once per play of the game. So I suggest saving it for later. I'll also mention that the powerup is a missile. This missile can blast through vertical lines of enemies and REALLY rack up the points.

So far this game is awesome. I REALLY want to play Guardia Quest though, but you have to unlock it by beating the other game challenges. I've beaten the vertical shooter, and half of the challenges from the platformer. I love the Haggleman game so far!
smile.gif

What a fresh and great game. Best I've played in quite some time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well then show them how to scratch it (this is a verbalase joke)