Hacking Xenon phat unit... RGH/Jtag Q

DAZA

Shaun's Mum
OP
Trophies
XP
hey all,

Ive had a xenon phat unit for so long and the firmware has been changed on the drive.. it has served me well for so long and would like to take the step further in getting more use out of it...

so the question i have is can it be RGH or Jtag??

it has the latest dash on there as its needed for playing new titles... any advice as to weather it is possible would be a great help to me

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, anything past kernal 7371 cannot be Jtagged and Xenon's past 14xxx IIRC cannot be RGH'ed. Also the RGH on Xenons has only useful for DVD key retrieval due to unreliable boot times. There is hope on the horizon, though. TX supposedly has something specifically for Xenons in the works.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Can still be JTAG'd if you use an R-JTAG kit from Team Xecuter. JTAG is a lot more reliable than RGH, especially on Xenons.

Sorry, anything past kernal 7371 cannot be Jtagged and Xenon's past 14xxx IIRC cannot be RGH'ed. Also the RGH on Xenons has only useful for DVD key retrieval due to unreliable boot times. There is hope on the horizon, though. TX supposedly has something specifically for Xenons in the works.
It's already out, and I have it too :P It's called R-JTAG. Didn't have any luck on a Zephyr, tho :(

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
R-JTAG Xenon kit isn't released yet.
And I heard that R-JTAG is still a hell of a lot of tweaking before you're able to get it to work.

In all honesty, get a newer Phatty box.
It's just isn't worth the trouble.
But, it's ultimately your decision so be free to try.

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
According to TX Rtag is not for Xenons. This is from their site:
attachment.php

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hate to break it hunds, but TX annouced the R-JTAG would come in 2 packages, a Non-Xenon and a Xenon.

They asked Xenon consoles purely to test the R-JTAG ;p

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They haven't released yet is my point. With TX it could be a long time (it already has been). They haven't even opened testing to VIP's yet. They're only testing slim ones ATM. I realize they are coming (eventually), but they are not available as of yet.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
True, they haven't released it yet.
But I already said that iirc?

Slim R-JTAG?
Now you have to link me to that cause I never heard about Slims getting R-JTAG....
If I'm not mistaking, they can't run that CB at all?

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IDK what TX is calling it (one person suggested the "a**hole, because it's the sh!t"), but under the VIP forums they're listed as "Slim proto" and "Xenon proto". They have them there for VIP testing feedback. The Xenon proto has no threads (not released yet). The Slim proto section has only a handful as they just started to become available. I'm waiting for payday to get the slim proto. I should have one next week. They are getting great reviews thus far.

DAZA

Shaun's Mum
OP
Trophies
XP
Thank you all for your input, i did read a while back that TX had 2 revisions of JTAG kit and one was for XENON only... not heard anything for a while and from what you all put it may not be worth it in the long run to do anything else with it except run dvds if they dont produce the kit for it

i have a 360 slim aswell so as their coming close to end of life i may... modify that

thanks again everyone

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Better modify your Slim indeed.
It'll last far longer then a Xenon and is less of a pain to hack.

Get a Coolrunner 3 and a JRunner PRogrammer/NAND-X and you're good to go ;]

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Playing the Judge Dredd arcade game prototype lol I can see why they didn't finish it but at the...