Hacking Xenogears' Glitchy Gear Battling

Codename PUMA

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I really didn't want to make a thread asking, but I've looked everywhere and exhausted basically every way of checking. I can't find anyone else online talking about this being a problem but I wonder if my Googling terms are just wrong, or it's just super-obvious and I'm being a pinhead.

Does Xenogears' Nortune gear battling just not work on POPS at all? The 'fighting game' style with the health bar and free movement and stuff, in the D-Block prison, I mean. I've tried nearly every version of POPs and different eboots, but it's always glitchy; I can't even see what's going on. Even tried activating infinite/max cheats just to get past it but I still lose (b/c the battling is unlike any other in the game so the cheats don't even count, I guess).

I'm basically at the point of just going through the trouble of moving the save to ePSXe, but I want to make absolute sure I'm not just messing something up before I do that.

ceifadorx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
did you try playing the psone psn version? you can find in the internet.
I know is a know bug agains the deus boss battle (if you attack him it freeze the game).

Codename PUMA

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Aaaaaand I find the solution less than a day after making the thread because OF COURSE. It was the cheats. I have the cheat that speeds text up activated, and it works great when I turn that off.

Either way thanks for replying @ceifadorx

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lesbians invented babies +2