Emulation ROM Hack GBA Some Pokemon Ruby cheats not working (Omega EZ Flash)

vanadiumVP

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone else encountered an issue with Pokemon Ruby/Emerald/Saphire cheats where they are only partially working?
For example whenever I turn on the Infinite Money cheat and enable it via CHEATON option, it doesn't actually work. None of the "Item in PC" cheats work, the only one that is partially working is the one that is "one hit kill". But even that cheat after few battles breaks the game, where I begin to only encounter pokemons that are just this giant ? with no health and when you beat it you get 1exp. In regular trainer battles the cheat then ceases to work.

Not sure if cheats for those games are just not supported or if the ones offered by ez flash download are not valid ones.
I've updated to latest firmware and kernal versions as well.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Has anyone else encountered an issue with Pokemon Ruby/Emerald/Saphire cheats where they are only partially working?
For example whenever I turn on the Infinite Money cheat and enable it via CHEATON option, it doesn't actually work. None of the "Item in PC" cheats work, the only one that is partially working is the one that is "one hit kill". But even that cheat after few battles breaks the game, where I begin to only encounter pokemons that are just this giant ? with no health and when you beat it you get 1exp. In regular trainer battles the cheat then ceases to work.

Not sure if cheats for those games are just not supported or if the ones offered by ez flash download are not valid ones.
I've updated to latest firmware and kernal versions as well.
There are 3 revisions of both Ruby and Sapphire, you must use cheats made for the same revision you are using.
Emerald only has one revision however.
As for cheats breaking the game, that is just what happens sometimes. I once sequence broke my Zelda Wind Waker save by playing around with cheats (I didn't even do anything that should've affected the story in any way), I couldn't progress the story because it thought I was at an earlier point for some reason so the item I needed to progress wasn't there, and had to start over from the beginning. And I've had cheats cause crashes or freezes in emulators countless times. So yeah, cheats aren't necessarily stable at the best of times.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Weird I have been playing MSU enhanced Genesis games for a while now lol