Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition will let you swap between original and new soundtracks

4jeddAK.jpg

Xenoblade Chronicles is arriving on the Nintendo Switch in just around a month's time, bringing the Wii-era JRPG to a new platform, yet again. Nintendo has shown off footage, giving us a look at the game's brand new visual style, which now is more in line with its sequel, and the reveal that the Definitive Edition will have post-game story content. Another new detail has been teased for Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition, with the reveal that players will be able to switch between the game's newly remastered soundtrack, or the original's. There will be a menu in the options where you'll be able to choose between the two versions of every track in the game. Currently, Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition is set for a release on May 29th.

:arrow: Source

NumberXIIIEdwin

Jack In! MegaMan, Execute!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh HELL yes. Whenever a game is remastered this is one of the options I always cross my fingers is included. Dunno why, but 9/10 I always lean towards the original soundtrack instead of any remastered one. Still stings a little that they never included this in the Kingdom Hearts remasters or Crash N-Sane...

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Nice little bonus, I just really hope that someone makes a converter between the 3ds save and the switch save.
There was one for wii <-> 3ds which was cool.

Ricken

Searching for the air to breathe~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice little bonus, I just really hope that someone makes a converter between the 3ds save and the switch save.
There was a converter between Wii and 3DS? Care to link it?
That'd push me to actually finish the game lmao

Reactions: Seliph

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yet there is still no Hyrule Warriors 3DS save <-> Switch save converter. :(

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would highly doubt it seeing that there's a 99% chance that pretty much everything is at an entirely different memory address

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
The tweet confirming the ability to switch between the two soundtracks was officially revealed by Monolith Soft like two hours before this article was posted ya dingus
Well I've been seeing this shit for like weeks on other gaming sites, so it's still old news. WEEKS old.

Seliph

Best Girl ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Well I've been seeing this shit for like a week on other gaming sites, so it's still old news. WEEKS old.
Well, the initial tweet was made by Nintendo Australia on the 24th (less than a week ago) and was subsequently deleted on the 25th, putting into doubt the validity of the tweet. It was only officially confirmed yesterday, mere hours before this article was made.

So I suppose this is old news if you like your news to be speculative because all the articles you've been seeing merely speculate the existence of the dual soundtrack based on the one deleted tweet, but the creator of this article made sure that their information was correct and official before prematurely posting rumors, you don't need to give them shit for good journalism.

Also, the only article I see mentioning the dual soundtrack before today is this one, most other news sources are only recently reporting this as well.

Edit: there are a few other articles, but none of them seem to date past 6 days ago, and still most articles that report on the dual soundtrack come from today or last night.

Last edited by Seliph,
Reactions: KeoniAzugon

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: ... that's rough buddy