Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition will let you swap between original and new soundtracks

4jeddAK.jpg

Xenoblade Chronicles is arriving on the Nintendo Switch in just around a month's time, bringing the Wii-era JRPG to a new platform, yet again. Nintendo has shown off footage, giving us a look at the game's brand new visual style, which now is more in line with its sequel, and the reveal that the Definitive Edition will have post-game story content. Another new detail has been teased for Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition, with the reveal that players will be able to switch between the game's newly remastered soundtrack, or the original's. There will be a menu in the options where you'll be able to choose between the two versions of every track in the game. Currently, Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition is set for a release on May 29th.

:arrow: Source

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
There was a converter between Wii and 3DS? Care to link it?
That'd push me to actually finish the game lmao
oops sorry to get your hopes up, it was a 'todo' but not actually finished/implemented.
I guess my memory mixes up some details after 4 years... :D
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-xenoblade-chronicles-3d-save-utility.420078/

I would highly doubt it seeing that there's a 99% chance that pretty much everything is at an entirely different memory address
the thing is... we don't know. I doubt it's so different to the old one. new flags, new items, sure.
I agree with you, things will most likely be at a different memory address - I'd be surprised if not.
no one said this would be a copy and paste, rename job! :)
If I have enough time (not much at the moment) I'd like to have a look.
As long as it takes me less than 40 hours to figure it out, I'd save time :)

Reactions: Ricken

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Aaah, this only gets better and better!

The music nerd in me is overjoyed with this :D
So lucky that this game gets such a great treatment since I missed it the first time around. Loved XCX, loved XC 2 - and now this comes :wub:

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oops sorry to get your hopes up, it was a 'todo' but not actually finished/implemented.
I guess my memory mixes up some details after 4 years... :D
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-xenoblade-chronicles-3d-save-utility.420078/

the thing is... we don't know. I doubt it's so different to the old one. new flags, new items, sure.
I agree with you, things will most likely be at a different memory address - I'd be surprised if not.
no one said this would be a copy and paste, rename job! :)
If I have enough time (not much at the moment) I'd like to have a look.
As long as it takes me less than 40 hours to figure it out, I'd save time :)
the reason I say this is because in Xenoblade 2 they are entirely different and from what I can tell this is the same engine so most likely the addresses will be closer to 2 and the original versions of 1

Reactions: cearp

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I still listen to XB1 OST, I wonder what will be different. Also whether they will release a new OST version.

I hope they didn't change too much the menus, UI and game mechanics to make it easier for "spoiled new players".

I liked XB, and XB2.
I didn't like XBX because if its lack of story, it was just some random missions with very very small story mode. it was only pretext to show WiiU graphical engine capability, which I liked. I dislike that you could complete the game's story but still had so much to do and left with a feeling of underachievement.

Last edited by Cyan,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!