Hacking Xenoblade Chronicle X [Undub]

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I tried different fonts and values, and when the cpk went to 168MB it didn't boot anymore. not sure why.
good thing is it didn't freeze, so just press Home and reload miimaker to relaunch the game after replacing the menu.cpk

I tried adams font instead of eurasia, its font size is between the japanese eurasia and the US one.
but it didn't work. It's not the font size, just the letter's bitmap size.
jp eurasia : 44*31
adams : 32*32
us fonts : 28*30

I tried to get a graphical representation of each letters, but didn't found how it was coded.
I didn't search a lot either. just a quick look in hex editor.

Elusivo

Shinobu Molester
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
ye, and It won't boot when we simply use the 2.6MB font for ex. or when the cpk is packed wrongly, which happened to me a bunch of times till I figured out why.

The repacking fails mainly when we change the files but din reopen the folder before repacking to read the new file hashes or something, so I just close cri maker, open a new instance, open the folder and repack, like that it never fails to boot except for incompatible file.

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ye, and It won't boot when we simply use the 2.6MB font for ex. or when the cpk is packed wrongly, which happened to me a bunch of times till I figured out why.

The repacking fails mainly when we change the files but din reopen the folder before repacking to read the new file hashes or something, so I just close cri maker, open a new instance, open the folder and repack, like that it never fails to boot except for incompatible file.
Yes, that's a problem with most games I've messed with when using the GUI. Though, the CLI tools don't care from what I remember because it reads the directory fresh every time you want to pack with it.

Anywho, I'm looking for some info guys. Does anyone have an extremely long log from loadiine server while playing? I'm going to try and shrink it for myself. Has anyone tried removing the extra stuff to save SD space, before I begin?

Elusivo

Shinobu Molester
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I saw that the jpn dlc are for 4 characters, alexa, HB, boze and yelv(?), I already played them 4 but I dun remember if they had audio dialogs, do they?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
All the addon dlc from japan are already included on disc on us/eu version.
I haven't met them yet in game. I'll tell you if I hear them talk.

I'm just completed chapter 6, but still have a lot of things to do.
and all these requirements for skell license, that's insane.
Edit: finally got my skell license. It was hard to "find" 3 randomly spawning items. the other quests were easy. Another 5-10H just for one quest haha

Elusivo

Shinobu Molester
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Ye, we have the addons which might explain why we have some english audio files that are not in the jpn game for lack of the dlcs, we would need the jpn dlcs dumped to check.

When I got the quests for the license half of those quests were already finished lol I'm an explorer by nature.

seam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so after you copy over the jap voices, there will still be about 16 parts that are english voices right? can you add an option to just have those english parts have no voices at all? id rather have all jap, with a few parts that have no voices at all (assuming the subtitles are still there).

Shinryuuken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I told it a few people already, so I'm just gonna paste it here again:
Go to the GDN search tab, set the memory range to 10 10000000 - 30000000(20000000 could work, but I'm not sure), go the character select screen and select the size slider(make sure to have female selected). Then you can do a search for a unknown value(this can take a little while). Then, you decrease the size, set gecko to search for "less than". After that, you increase the size, and search for "greater than". Do that till you only have about 30 values left, and poke random ones to check. Format is: XXYY????
XX=Body size(00-64)
YY=Breast size(00-64)
??=Can change

We should probably put this into the first post :P

I can understand up to "less" and "greater" part as far I've understood things correctly. But I have no idea what do you mean by decreasing or incresing the size there. Also I'm not sure should I make a search without an unknown value first and then go to character's size screen and do an unknown search after that. Guess I'll try to fiddle more.

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I can understand up to "less" and "greater" part as far I've understood things correctly. But I have no idea what do you mean by decreasing or incresing the size there. Also I'm not sure should I make a search without an unknown value first and then go to character's size screen and do an unknown search after that. Guess I'll try to fiddle more.
He means, in character creation, increase your size/height, then search for increased value in TCP Gecko. Same with lowering the size, look for lesser value. To make it a little quicker, the Size slider the whole way down should be 1. I'm pretty sure the maximum is 63, but I'm not 100%. Just changed my boobs n rolled out.

Elusivo

Shinobu Molester
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Max is 64. Value with full height to search is 642B0101 iirc, 2B being the default breast size.

Btw BIIIIIG news, I fixed small font problem for good!
Got myself a 75" screen tv [emoji41] [emoji39]

Shinryuuken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
He means, in character creation, increase your size/height, then search for increased value in TCP Gecko. Same with lowering the size, look for lesser value. To make it a little quicker, the Size slider the whole way down should be 1. I'm pretty sure the maximum is 63, but I'm not 100%. Just changed my boobs n rolled out.

Ah, now I seem to understand.. it's for the hunt! Thanks :)

Gnome159

Trophies
XP
Country
Does anyone know if there's a way to remove the flashing 'Offline' message from the top left or is this a sacrifice I have to make to play the Undub? Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm this video is clickbait
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a dazzel capture card some place in storage
  • Noctosphere @ Noctosphere:
    Is TCK some kind of Clanchit follower?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Leo just follows Luke around with flowers
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is funny, every week he cries bout something and says that's it, I'm leaving this site for good.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    See I'm a good match maker I always knew he wouldnt leave over luke
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Had to break down and turn on my AC today. 89 degrees in May. Bet August/September is gonna be crazy hot.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im back
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, when your wife kicks you out BOVONO Prefabricated Tiny Home, Mobile Prefab House with Lockable Door and Window, Outdoor Storage Shed with Restroom & Cabinet, Perfect for Hotel, Kiosk, Booth(19 x 20FT) https://a.co/d/ab1dd5t
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Pretty cool actually
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I feel pain on the left side of my stomach
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 looks neat, i would want one in the boonies
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Read the reviews
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    honestly, seems like a great option for temporary housing, but the reviews seems iffy
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I'm sure i could build one with the schematics if made available
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    the 2nd pic dun show much, just topdown view of the layout
  • Y @ yqw:
    someone has a cheat table for need for speed most wanted 2012?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The cheat codes 911 catch the crazy drivers
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I mean that game came out on every game system, so lets be a little more vague.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I need cheats for GTA v, lol. And why ask here, go look for them yo self!
    +2
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    make 'em , they're not hard to do
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Fast and Furious Night Rider crossover !
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Fast and Furious Night Rider crossover !