Gaming Xenoblade Chonicles X Discussion Thread

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Another thing that I was hoping for the European Xenoblade X release to have was a Castellano dub (Traditional Spanish of Spanish) but what they gave in return was subtitles in Spanish while the game's audio language track is in English. Not much point in that, at least not for people that already know the language.

P.S. The game has no Portuguese subtitles but I'm not surprised. It's been like this for years where companies just put aside the Iberian languages as if they didn't matter and only focus in English, French and German.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@Hielkenator : thanks for all the help.

I didn't know skell could be destroyed. I'm not here yet.

About the class, it's 10Lv max ? my teammate are way above the max level. I didn't find how to change theirs. you can only upgrade and choose from the available skills, not change class?
I started doing Lv10 for each 3 available classes after adventurer instead of keeping in the same class path.
That's maybe why it's sometime difficult with battles, switching class and being art-less until I level up.

Too bad there's no skill tree, it's only unlocked based on class level and you don't have access to all previously unlocked arts at the same time, even on the same branch.
having all skills unlock with level makes me forget to upgrade them. it's like there's no real interest as it's not unlocking new skill, just improve them, and as I don't know what's the next unlocked skill I feel like I should save my points for later/better skills to upgrade instead of wasting points in former ones.

PS: I finally found the game on a shop. now I can test online (and look at the manual).

LysergCooltyp

I don't know why the microwave burns
Trophies
XP
Country
@Hielkenator : thanks for all the help.

I didn't know skell could be destroyed. I'm not here yet.

About the class, it's 10Lv max ? my teammate are way above the max level. I didn't find how to change theirs. you can only upgrade and choose from the available skills, not change class?
I started doing Lv10 for each 3 available classes after adventurer instead of keeping in the same class path.
That's maybe why it's sometime difficult with battles, switching class and being art-less until I level up.

Too bad there's no skill tree, it's only unlocked based on class level and you don't have access to all previously unlocked arts at the same time, even on the same branch.
having all skills unlock with level makes me forget to upgrade them. it's like there's no real interest as it's not unlocking new skill, just improve them, and as I don't know what's the next unlocked skill I feel like I should save my points for later/better skills to upgrade instead of wasting points in former ones.

PS: I finally found the game on a shop. now I can test online (and look at the manual).

Your companions level goes up to 20 i think and they got slightly altered class builds that are unchangeable, so just check out what you want them to use and spend points on that.

You can literally max out every art if you got the patience, so it's impossible to spend points on the wrong one.

You can use the previous arts if the weapon type is the same and use mastered weapons (tier 4, rank 10) with any class.
Skill everything up to level 3 and then decide if you like the arts. If not simply switch it out.

The collectipedia is a great way to get BP fast, if you don't do squad missions.

It's also beneficial to level Gwin early on since you have to use him later on in the story and to choose a different class than what your team mates are until they are good at what they do.

Reactions: Cyan

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
what do you do after you bring back tatsu.
To trigger the chapter 4, you need to fulfill some requirement :
- having 15% of primordia (just visit and plant probes wherever you can, upgrade mechanical level to 2 or 3 so you can do it everywhere)
- having 2 completed missions
-- blade class : talk to the girl near the mission board in front of the blade building,
-- Probe mission : talk to kristy (not sure of the name? playing in french) in front of a big building near the blade casern, she will give you mission to plant probes at 3 different place and visit a cave.

I don't remember if you need a specific level too (Lv12 maybe?)

Reactions: BurningDesire

BurningDesire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To trigger the chapter 4, you need to fulfill some requirement :
- having 15% of primordia
- having 2 completed missions
-- blade class : talk to the girl near the mission board in front of the blade building,
-- Prove mission : talk to kristy (not sure of the name? playing in french) in front of a big building near the blade casern, she will give you mission to plant probes at 3 different place and visit a cave.
Is there any place in the game that actually says useful info like this haha

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes, click on the mission on your gamepad.
or press A when you are near a mission icon in the game.

There are two optional Affinity missions you can do in the blade building too.
I did both, it took me 10 hours to complete lol.
it was hard to get an enemy to drop specific item :(

You can't do more than one important mission at a time. (story OR Affinity, not both)
So I couldn't start chapter 4 before completing the affinity mission I started.

Reactions: BurningDesire

LysergCooltyp

Trophies
XP
Country
Start a squad mission and you have the option to let others join in. People in your division will get a pop-up and can assist you in it if they feel like helping out.

Drak0rex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I try to start a mission, none are available and I can't join any (in regular multiplayer). When I join a friend's squad, I'm not sure what to do next. Do I go out in the field and try to track him down, and invite him, or what? Totally lost here. Wish I could find a comprehensive step-by-step.

Rob Blou

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm 40 hours in and this is GOTY for me. I loved the 1st Xenoblade to death and imo this is better in every way except the story and the main character. The gameplay, upgrade systems and exploration are just next level and I feel sad for ppl that aren't able to enjoy it as much as I do :/

Drak0rex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm 40 hours in and this is GOTY for me. I loved the 1st Xenoblade to death and imo this is better in every way except the story and the main character. The gameplay, upgrade systems and exploration are just next level and I feel sad for ppl that aren't able to enjoy it as much as I do :/
I'm unable to enjoy online multiplayer. How do I do this?

Patxinco

Riding a Shooting Star
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
When I try to start a mission, none are available and I can't join any (in regular multiplayer). When I join a friend's squad, I'm not sure what to do next. Do I go out in the field and try to track him down, and invite him, or what? Totally lost here. Wish I could find a comprehensive step-by-step.
In the room where you accept the online mission, go to the right, orange door, and you will go to the mission directly.

Drak0rex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the room where you accept the online mission, go to the right, orange door, and you will go to the mission directly.
Here's where I am right now. I joined a friend's squad, I check the missions, there are no missions. There are a bunch of people's NPCs standing around. I scout some, and they join my party. They aren't the actual people, just NPCs. I check again, there no missions. Still lost.

Patxinco

Riding a Shooting Star
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Here's where I am right now. I joined a friend's squad, I check the missions, there are no missions. There are a bunch of people's NPCs standing around. I scout some, and they join my party. They aren't the actual people, just NPCs. I check again, there no missions. Still lost.
WVW69io8PusVaEPYrU
In Squad missions you should have some, accept it, and follow de signals marked in the floor to the door.
Also, always check division activities for some goodies 10.000 credits are always welcome xD

LysergCooltyp

Trophies
XP
Country
It simply means all squad missions were done by someone else from your division and you have to wait until new ones become available which takes from 5 to 60 minutes as its random.

Drak0rex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's stupid! I want to play online with my friends. Why is this so damn difficult? I'm planning on getting this for my 13 year old nephew so we can play online. So if I'm in a squad and they've done all the missions, then we're s.o.l?

Another question. Screw me trying to join someone else's squad, how do I make a squad and have other people join me?

Last edited by Drak0rex,

LysergCooltyp

Trophies
XP
Country
Choose the 'join friends squad' option upon booting up the game and if theres space you will be grouped together with your friend(s).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up