Gaming Xenoblade Chonicles X Discussion Thread

Drak0rex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Drak0rex : ah, you are right, if you didn't level up mechanical, a lot of probe installation will be an issue.
I upgraded mechanical to the max (for the moment it's 4) first, and then archeological (that's the second most found type on the map) and lastly biological because I rarely find any.
I chose the order based on the frequency of the found requirement. a lot of probe needed v3 or v4, so I upgraded those first to extend the minimap and uncover the overlay as fast as possible.
Opening "treasures" were not that important to me, I can always open them later.

If you need to level up your BLADE as fast as possible, I recommend switching to prospector, that's the fastest growing class (look in the online stats).
for every new location found, you win 40!
for every picked item on the floor, you win 3 instead of 1
Pathfinder is probably a good alternative too, but I haven't tested each of them, so here what I gathered so far that's the two division winning point for exploring the world, and exploration is what you do first at the start of the game and when going to a new region. later in the game (100h+ ?) when most region will be discovered, you can switch to interceptor to win points by killing monsters, or mediator for achieving missions.

kill monster Kill tyrans pick item open treasure new region new location install probes mission UA

Pathfinder
Interceptor 10 1
Harriers
Reclaimers
Curators
Prospector 6 10 3 10 0 40 30 20
Outfitters
Mediators

Hielkenator :
I got my skell around 50/60H, after mission 5 you have to pass the license (8 missions, one for each division).

there's a video tutorial to use online?
because I never played online or used the console yet, I don't understand "what will happen".
until now I only played the passive one, didn't try world enemy missions, etc.

I just completed mission 8 (short and easy one compared to others) and 75H.
still no flying skell :P
I'm doing some "normal" missions, as they are required to advance in the story anyway and trying to level up all the second characters.

I feel like I'm almost at the end if there are only 12 chapters, it's already 3/4 of the story and almost nothing happened storywise. you spend more time exploring.

Just watched this

I believe you get flying skells after chapter 8.

Reactions: Cyan

Drak0rex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm checking the Blade console for gathering missions. I got the items for alot of missions, so when I select them, they auto complete. QUICK CASH/REWARDS!

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm curious: Are this game and Xenoblade chronicles connected in any way, apart from the title? I haven't really checked much of the game, just a trailer that I've seen when the game was still called just X or something, from which it seemed to me like some sort of monster hunter game with mechas.

Drak0rex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm curious: Are this game and Xenoblade chronicles connected in any way, apart from the title? I haven't really checked much of the game, just a trailer that I've seen when the game was still called just X or something, from which it seemed to me like some sort of monster hunter game with mechas.
Similar battle systems, game mechanics, and um... Lin has Monado hair clips?

Drak0rex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you can play with game without any knowledge of Xenoblade chronicles story or what? I forgot to mention this...
No story connections, though having played one will get you familiar with the other's gameplay. After playing the original, I got kinda burned out (mostly because I used cheats and broke the game) but after I get done with the story on X, I may have a newfound mastery and appreciation for the mechanics of the original and give it another go.

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
I've never played RPG games like XC before and I'm not sure I understand the combat system. I can't seem to make my player actually attack. He seems to just stand there while the 'arts' recharge and then I can select them to make him attack. But the delay is so long that I have to run away while they're charging so I don't die. In the mean time, the rest of my crew die so I'm left on my own and it takes forever to kill the enemy. Am I doing something wrong or is this how the combat is supposed to work in these games?

Drak0rex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never played RPG games like XC before and I'm not sure I understand the combat system. I can't seem to make my player actually attack. He seems to just stand there while the 'arts' recharge and then I can select them to make him attack. But the delay is so long that I have to run away while they're charging so I don't die. In the mean time, the rest of my crew die so I'm left on my own and it takes forever to kill the enemy. Am I doing something wrong or is this how the combat is supposed to work in these games?
Your character auto attacks when in range and you can switch between melee and ranged weapons with X

Drak0rex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so if I stand near the enemy the character will attach automatically? And if I retreat and switch to a ranged weapon will it continue to attack automatically?
yup. Also you don't need to be right next to them to attack, just have to be in range. What level monsters are you fighting that your team gets annihilated? I'd suggest leveling up your arts and equipping some skills and if you have more than 8 arts to choose from, set the ones that suit your situation and play style best.

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
yup. Also you don't need to be right next to them to attack, just have to be in range. What level monsters are you fighting that your team gets annihilated? I'd suggest leveling up your arts and equipping some skills and if you have more than 8 arts to choose from, set the ones that suit your situation and play style best.
Well I'm not very far in. I kept getting killed while getting to the habitat at the very beginning of the game. Then when I arrived at the east gate it took three attempts to kill the three creatures before entering the habitat. I haven't got any further yet as I had to get through the NLA tour but before I go out on the probe deployment quest I wanted to check if I was doing something wrong.

Drak0rex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I'm not very far in. I kept getting killed while getting to the habitat at the very beginning of the game. Then when I arrived at the east gate it took three attempts to kill the three creatures before entering the habitat. I haven't got any further yet as I had to get through the NLA tour but before I go out on the probe deployment quest I wanted to check if I was doing something wrong.
As you level up your class, more arts will become available. Then after it's leveled up all the way, you can switch classes. Just grind on some that are your level or lower til you level up a bit. Also try not to attract the attention of more monsters than what you're fighting. If that happens, tell your teammates to concentrate fire to wipe one out first. If you get in over your head, you may have to haul ass. Battle's will be easier once you have a full party.

Last edited by Drak0rex,

Drak0rex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's your favorite armor to use, and do you find yourself switching to different armor for different situations? Right now, I'm really feeling this one
12472681_1663332923915678_2789238414920882591_n.jpg

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Did anyone else find this game mediocre then decided to check its predecessor on Wii expecting to have a laugh and instead got shocked at how amazing the Wii game is compared to this?

SnAQ

Trophies
XP
Country
There's a treasure just north of FN Site 220 in Noctilum i just can't seem to find.
Anyone able to help me out with this?

sabykos

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Did anyone else find this game mediocre then decided to check its predecessor on Wii expecting to have a laugh and instead got shocked at how amazing the Wii game is compared to this?
No. I love both games, but like X a bit more. But has to with my taste of games. I value gameplay much more than story and X's combat system is much better than the original imo. Plus I loved the exploring. In fact the first 30-40 hours, when I explored the continents, might very well be the gaming experience I ever had in my life. Further, I'm a completionist. The quest system of the original was a pain. There were missable quest and you could never be sure that you have completed all quests in an area without checking a guide. X does a pretty good job the segment map there. Also, I think the sidequests in X are much better in X than in the original. However, the original has the far better story. X's story is mediocre at best. So if you care for story above all (which is perfectly fine, in fact most gamers do) I can understand that you prefer the original one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @LeoTCK, mods are probably hating you