Hacking XCXGecko: Xenoblade Chronicles X trainer GUI using pyGecko

MiMiCAX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there no way to change the Protagonist's name atm?

Everytime I try it eventually resets.
I think there are more than one instance of the protagonist's name being stored in mem. If nobody finds it I'll look for it after some Destiny raids :D

ErdeFB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Is there any way to add a new item to inventory or change another to a new one? I've been spending over 2 hours now trying to find a Sibercaseras Mushroom (collectible) from Noctilum Waters as instructed by the mission and I just can't find one.

Last edited by ErdeFB,

Ailuros27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a thought, but when looking for jump height / movement speed codes, you might take a look at the codes for the original Xenoblade Chronicles. I know it had one, if not both of those. It might at least give you an idea of where to search and how likely it is to be in the floats. Seeing as these are both games by Monolith, they're probably coded similarly.

Ailuros27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know YOU do @cornerpath :P
I was just saying, anyone who goes looking for it might find a clue by looking at similar codes for Xenoblade Chronicles on Wii. I don't possess the technical knowledge to form an opinion on where I think it'll be. But I do know from experience Nintendo and many devs stick to what they know and don't rock the boat with unnecessary changes. So with the two games being made by Monolith, and being so similar, there's a good chance both games will have that value in a similar location.

MiMiCAX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there any way to add a new item to inventory or change another to a new one? I've been spending over 2 hours now trying to find a Sibercaseras Mushroom (collectible) from Noctilum Waters as instructed by the mission and I just can't find one.
See https://github.com/mimicax/XCXGecko#change-and-add-items

Just a thought, but when looking for jump height / movement speed codes, you might take a look at the codes for the original Xenoblade Chronicles. I know it had one, if not both of those. It might at least give you an idea of where to search and how likely it is to be in the floats. Seeing as these are both games by Monolith, they're probably coded similarly.
I will look into it, although Wii and Wii U memory layouts are very different.

Hey, @MiMiCAX
Does the latest version of this tool use my addresses for the height and breast values, or do I still need to poke them manually for the protagonist?
Yes. https://github.com/mimicax/XCXGecko/blob/master/codes/xcx_v1.0.1e.txt#L27

I think its in the floats
Please stop suggesting the same thing over and over @cornerpath. If you don't have anything concrete to contribute, then please be considerate about posting. Feel free to PM me if you want to discuss further.

rtchronogame

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello Guru's

I am new to this WII U and its exploit. and I am using the original firmware on WII U. and I am using my XCX from a Disc i bought. and i did the following:
1. start XCX and load into your savegame
2. run XCXGecko.exe, enter your Wii U IP, and press the connect icon

I am getting this error :[12/29/15 17:29:05]: Timed out while connecting to Wii U on xxx.xx.xx.xx

Please help it seems i missing some steps.

Thanks.
RT

Last edited by rtchronogame,

Gadorach

Electronics Engineering Technologist
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the quick reply aracom. It seems the wiiu i am using is already 5.5U. Is there a work around for this?

Thanks again.
you'll have to wait for Hykem to release his 5.5+ IOSU exploit, as there's no public workaround at this time.

EDIT: Another section where the player movement speed is changed is during swimming. If it's stored as a variable, that's quite a few places, all with different set speeds.

Last edited by Gadorach,

MiMiCAX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there no way to change the Protagonist's name atm?

Everytime I try it eventually resets.
Found another address. New name shows after going into Active Members and Confirm. Name persists after save + load game.
v1.0.1E/U: 1C38E5C8
v1.0.1/2 (J): 1C38D5C8

There are a few ways to use these updated codes:
I also found 3 other memory addresses with the protagonist name (including the old address in XCXGecko). That one was clearly for display only. Not sure what the other 2 are, so please report back if there are still issues.

Elusivo

Shinobu Molester
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I tested the protagonist height + chest size codes, and they are indeed writable, and also persist across loads and saves.
Tks for checking, weird thing is that it wouldn't poke with either the py script or the exe when I posted that but it did work on gecko, haven't tried since.
I will redownload and try again later.

Now a mod missing is one to increase the breast bounciness, which is barely noticeable as it is!

MiMiCAX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Tks for checking, weird thing is that it wouldn't poke with either the py script or the exe when I posted that but it did work on gecko, haven't tried since.
I will redownload and try again later.

Now a mod missing is one to increase the breast bounciness, which is barely noticeable as it is!
I think you are confusing a memory hack vs an engine mod... :(

MiMiCAX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've partially decoded how gear is stored in memory. Here are some findings for XCX v1.0.1E/U:

Code:
Addr range for Ranged Weapons: 1C3AC6B8 to 1C3B2448 (24 bytes per)
Addr range for Melee Weapons: 1C3B2460 to 1C3B81F0 (24 bytes per)
Addr range for Armor: 1C3A6910 to 1C3AC6A0 (24 bytes per)
Addr range for Skell Weapons: 1C3A0B68 to 1C3A68F8 (24 bytes per)
Addr range for Skell Armor: 1C39ADC0 to 1C3A0B50 (24 bytes per)

Format: wwwwxxxx yyyyyyyy zzzzpppq aaaabbbb cccc1111 22223333
w: 2-byte unknown; includes gear ID (with embedded maker + specs)
x: 2-byte unknown; ranged wep=0xC008/0xC009, melee wep=0xE008/0xE009
y: 4-byte unknown; possibly indicates item purchase / found locations; only seen \0 in last 6 bits
z: 2-byte unknown; only seen 0x0000
p: 10-bit placement index (incl upper 2 bits of 3rd byte)
q: 6-bit unknown; only seen 0b000000
a-c: gear/skell skill ID 1-3: subformat yyyi
  y: 12-bit (packed); skill type + base lvl (if applicable); see codes/gear_id_v1.0.1e.txt
  i: 4-bit skill level incr (+0 to +15)
1-3: augment slot 1-3: 0xFFFF = no slot, 0x0000 = empty slot, other values = possibly augment slot ID

Code:
Addr range for Augments: 1C3B8208 to 1C3BB0D0 (12 bytes per)
Format: unknown

Note that randomly poking 'w' or 'x' often leads to XCX crashing back to title screen.

Using this data, I can modify the skills on a particular gear slot, and add/remove augment slots. You will need to find which slot your target gear is located; I suggest using tcpGecko to scan for changes while you equip/swap your target gear around. Once found, here are some useful skill mods (poke into the latter 3 words):

Code:
Potential Up XX, Potential Boost XX, Treasure Sensor XX, 3 empty slots
0A001400 DE000000 00000000

Melee Attack Up XX, Melee Accuracy Up XX, Melee Attack Boost XX, 3 empty slots
07801180 03C00000 00000000

I don't plan to update the GUI currently, although as always, I welcome git pull requests :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill