How to use the SDCafiine Aroma plugin to use other language files on a Japanese Wii U

Lazr1026

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This method is better than replacing the files on the NAND as bricking is very easy if something goes wrong while uploading and this will allow you to boot into a language you can read menu without the brick risk (assuming Aroma is running). I will assume you want your menu to be English.

Please note this wont work on applets (ie the Home Button Menu and the Internet Browser)

What you need

Things you will need are:
- A Wii U modded with Aroma (download the SDCafiine plugin in the Additional Plugins and Modules)
- JNUSTool (the release.zip file)
- Java

Getting the language file

1. Extract the release.zip file somewhere to your computer.
2. Open the extracted folder and open a command prompt/terminal where JNUSTool.jar is located.
3. Open the config file in a text editor and replace [COMMONKEY] with the actual Wii U Common Key.
4. In the command prompt, type in java -jar JNUSTool.jar 0005001010040100 and press Enter.
5. A GUI window should show up, navigate to content -> UsEnglish -> Message and tick AllMessage.szs.
6. Click Download and wait for it to download.

Putting the language file on the SD

1. In the wiiu folder, make an sdcafiine folder.
2. In the sdcafiine folder, make a 0005001010040000 folder.
3. In the 0005001010040000 folder, make a English Modpack
3. In the English Modpack folder, make a content folder.
4. In the content folder, make a JpJapanese folder.
5. In the JpJapanese folder, make a Message folder.
6. Finally place the AllMessage.szs file in the Message folder.

Configuring SDCafiine

1. Boot your Wii U into Aroma.
2. Press L + DPAD-DOWN + Select to access the plugin menu.
3. Select SDCafiine in this menu.
4. Press A on all three options to enable them. (One is on Settings, the other two are in Advanced Settings)
5. Reboot your Wii U and hopefully the Wii U Menu will be English (or whatever language you chose)!

A few notes:
  • The WIi U Menu will only be English (or whatever language you chose) when in Aroma (Tiramisu doesn't have an autobooting sdcafiine plugin).
  • This can be done with other system apps but I dont feel like writing a guide for each of them. You can figure it out I hope.

Last edited by Lazr1026,

d41

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi! @Lazr1026 thanks for sharing this method. It works really well for the menu, and I also managed to translate the Settings app by using the code 0005001010047000

I was wondering if anyone had any idea on how to find a relative list of codes to translate other areas, like the "Download Management" app?

Not having to overwrite system files is a huge plus, hats off to Aroma and the SDCafiine plugin!

zeroxu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Is there a way to change home menu language? it seems that everything runs fine except when translating home menu. my guess is due to file that we replace is .pack file

JVC2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! @Lazr1026 thanks for sharing this method. It works really well for the menu, and I also managed to translate the Settings app by using the code 0005001010047000

I was wondering if anyone had any idea on how to find a relative list of codes to translate other areas, like the "Download Management" app?

Not having to overwrite system files is a huge plus, hats off to Aroma and the SDCafiine plugin!
How if that code only gives JPN language option and does not have USEnglish in content?

JVC2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you are probably looking at the JPN region for it, you want 0005001010047100.
That's what I originally grabbed from for various titles(see screenshot), but they dont seem to apply. I did see the Wii U menu one apply somewhat fine, it doesn't translate most apps but its better than all JPN language.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    11.1 KB · Views: 83

ArgoRV

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
This method is better than replacing the files on the NAND as bricking is very easy if something goes wrong while uploading and this will allow you to boot into a language you can read menu without the brick risk (assuming Aroma is running). I will assume you want your menu to be English.

Please note this wont work on applets (ie the Home Button Menu and the Internet Browser)

What you need

Things you will need are:
- A Wii U modded with Aroma (download the SDCafiine plugin in the Additional Plugins and Modules)
- JNUSTool (the release.zip file)
- Java

Getting the language file

1. Extract the release.zip file somewhere to your computer.
2. Open the extracted folder and open a command prompt/terminal where JNUSTool.jar is located.
3. Open the config file in a text editor and replace [COMMONKEY] with the actual Wii U Common Key.
4. In the command prompt, type in java -jar JNUSTool.jar 0005001010040100 and press Enter.
5. A GUI window should show up, navigate to content -> UsEnglish -> Message and tick AllMessage.szs.
6. Click Download and wait for it to download.

Putting the language file on the SD

1. In the wiiu folder, make an sdcafiine folder.
2. In the sdcafiine folder, make a 0005001010040000 folder.
3. In the 0005001010040000 folder, make a English Modpack
3. In the English Modpack folder, make a content folder.
4. In the content folder, make a JpJapanese folder.
5. In the JpJapanese folder, make a Message folder.
6. Finally place the AllMessage.szs file in the Message folder.

Configuring SDCafiine

1. Boot your Wii U into Aroma.
2. Press L + DPAD-DOWN + Select to access the plugin menu.
3. Select SDCafiine in this menu.
4. Press A on all three options to enable them. (One is on Settings, the other two are in Advanced Settings)
5. Reboot your Wii U and hopefully the Wii U Menu will be English (or whatever language you chose)!

A few notes:
  • The WIi U Menu will only be English (or whatever language you chose) when in Aroma (Tiramisu doesn't have an autobooting sdcafiine plugin).
  • This can be done with other system apps but I dont feel like writing a guide for each of them. You can figure it out I hope.
is there a modpack for spanish ?

Studio_XPlay

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
That's what I originally grabbed from for various titles(see screenshot), but they dont seem to apply. I did see the Wii U menu one apply somewhat fine, it doesn't translate most apps but its better than all JPN language.
Did you get it right? I did the same thing and it doesn't work for me either

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Maybe but is it worth it?