Xbox signs 10-year agreement to bring their PC games to GeForce now platform

logo-xbox.jpg

Microsoft has just signed a 10-year deal with NVIDIA, that will see Xbox and Activision games released on the GeForce Now platform. A similar plan was previously announced last year--one that would bring the Call of Duty franchise to Nintendo systems and to Steam for the next decade. This new agreement will bring Xbox's PC lineup of games, including Call of Duty, to GeForce Now's streaming service, notably, a rival to Xbox's own xCloud Gaming streaming service.

Of course, this all hinges on the Activision deal going through, which Microsoft will soon be defending to EU regulators.

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So basically they're competing against themselves, and there's no point to buy an Xbox... Neat.
...Wasnt that the Whole point of Game Pass. To saturate the Market to the point that Xbox Hardware is redundant. The Money is at Software not Hardware. "Play on a POTATO, as Long as you are paying for Game Pass Ultimate"
They don't care if I buyi a Series X ( loss leader which they don't really earn anything) When They have Millions, Including me, already stacked up on 3 year of Game Pass.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
So basically they're competing against themselves, and there's no point to buy an Xbox... Neat.
...Wasnt that the Whole point of Game Pass. To saturate the Market to the point that Xbox Hardware is redundant. The Money is at Software not Hardware. "Play on a POTATO, as Long as you are paying for Game Pass Ultimate"
They don't care if I buyi a Series X ( loss leader which they don't really earn anything) When They have Millions, Including me, already stacked up on 3 year of Game Pass.
yup they want to turn people into subscribers, heck in the future i bet they dont even want to make hardware, they just want to do it like netflix and windows and sell the subscription/software.

if sony ever agrees to let gamepass be on ps5 then they wont even bother to make new hardware imo, they will be all about cloud gaming amd gamepass subscriptions.

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That could be how Hi-Fi Rush makes its way to PS/Nintendo.

It really looks like a game Sega would have developed back in the day.

Sort of a spin-off of Jet Set Radio. :P

I need more HI-FI RUSH... any way I can ... PERIOD

AdenTheThird

The Apathetical Atheist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At 540p and 20 FPS is how. Unless they put iD on the project.
I read something about Microsoft promising the same capabilities--including cross-compatibility--to Nintendo ports. I think the only real way something like that could be pulled off is through cloud gaming.

Nevertheless, this should be interesting, if not humorous.

Reactions: Xzi

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I read something about Microsoft promising the same capabilities--including cross-compatibility--to Nintendo ports. I think the only real way something like that could be pulled off is through cloud gaming.

Nevertheless, this should be interesting, if not humorous.
Yeah I wouldn't count on that meaning the same performance or quality settings, obviously impossible to match a PS5/XSX. Just the same game with the same ability to play with everyone else online.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • light27 @ light27:
    fun fact
  • light27 @ light27:
    the first time i ever played on a wii u EVER was when I was getting my ear tubes removed
  • light27 @ light27:
    i was playing wii party
  • light27 @ light27:
    u*
  • light27 @ light27:
    but i only got to play for like
  • light27 @ light27:
    3 seconds
  • light27 @ light27:
    younger me would've never thought that I would have a wii u now
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @light27, i wanted a Wii u as a kid when i watched a Mario kart 8 commercial on tv
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I had a Wii-U it sucked lol
    Even hacked it sucked lol
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    nah the Wii U wasn't bad
    +1
    the hardware is good
    The controller sucked
    it has good games, just not enough of them
    +1
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    the indie games on wii u were amazing though
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    and also some of nintendo's first party games
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    some of the best selling games on the switch are wii u ports (that are priced way too high
    like come on 60 for a game thats a decade old??)
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @ColdBlitz, i forgot breath of the wild released for the Wii u
    $60 for a game that's a decade old might be unheard of on PC but actually is not uncommon on consoles
    +1
    especially Nintendo because they only ever lower the price of games when they do a greatest hits/platinum hits/players choice re-release
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @The Real Jdbye, and the HD collections released for 7th gen consoles too
    but they don't seem to have done any of those for the switch yet and maybe never will
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    I think we all forgot breath of the wild released for the wii u tbh
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @The Real Jdbye, tbh the HD collections are more justified since they include more than just 1 game per copy
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @The Real Jdbye, tbh the HD collections are more justified since they include more than just 1...