Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
1st no voice support in kinect and now this
m$ is digging their own graves!
rofl.gif

Actually Microsoft confirmed Kinect will have voice support at launch, the news story before hand was just a false rumor I guess.

Also, stop saying "m$", people who say "m$" are just plain stupid.

Joktan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They haven't raised the price since 02 right?do you get mad when you have to pay 65 for mw2 rather then 60?No because you want the game right?you want the service pay 10 bucks more for a year or just don't play.

Hachibei

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
iFish said:
Splych said:
so if in USA Xbox Live will be $60, does that mean Canada will have it for $70?
fack i am telling my dad and buying live now .

Yep, 70$ CDN
cry.gif

You can get a game and a cheap lunch for that price
ohnoes.png

It explicitly says in Major Nelson's blog that "Unless listed [in the chart], there is no change in any other subscription packages." So the price for a 1 year subscription in Canada will probably stay the same.

QUOTE(Guild McCommunist @ Aug 30 2010, 09:29 PM)

^THIS.

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the bandwidth and hardware required to run xbox live have gone down drastically since launch.
that along with way more users paying and now with competition from psn, they could easily afford to cut the cost by half and still make more profit on it than they did at the beginning.

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hachibei said:
iFish said:
Splych said:
so if in USA Xbox Live will be $60, does that mean Canada will have it for $70?
fack i am telling my dad and buying live now .

Yep, 70$ CDN
cry.gif

You can get a game and a cheap lunch for that price
ohnoes.png

It explicitly says in Major Nelson's blog that "Unless listed [in the chart], there is no change in any other subscription packages." So the price for a 1 year subscription in Canada will probably stay the same.

Other regions will be seeing increases as well. In the UK the price of one month will jump from 4.99 GPB to 5.99 GPB. The price of a month in Canada rises a dollar to $9.99. Finally, a year subscription in Mexico rises from 499 to 599 pesos.

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Joktan said:
They haven't raised the price since 02 right?do you get mad when you have to pay 65 for mw2 rather then 60?No because you want the game right?you want the service pay 10 bucks more for a year or just don't play.
You don't read many Bobby Kotick quotes, do you. They added that $5 just to see if they could get away with it. They're going to use that as a premise to boost prices more or pull some other bullshit, like the subscription fees for CoD multiplayer that were recently shot down. Paying more and getting nothing more is just stupid.

B

ball2012003

Scott-105 said:
Matt140 said:
How is this "incredible value"? PS3 users get it free, and the PSN network is virtually the same, just by a different company. I'm sorry, but if anything they should be lowering the price, not ripping us all of.
Uh, PSN sucks compared to Live, dude. I have Xbox and PS3 and I can't stand PSN.
They're the fucking same shit. I'm sick and tired of people saying live is better, tell me what are the differences, I own the 360 and ps3 they're the same shit.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's just wrong to raise the price because they can. IF they keep this up, people will switch to PS3 in no time.

If I had an Xbox, this would probably effect me more... Oh well.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
_Chaz_ said:
It's just wrong to raise the price because they can. IF they keep this up, people will switch to PS3 in no time.

If I had an Xbox, this would probably effect me more... Oh well.

I really wouldn't mind them raising the price if they atleast said why even something like "Are servers need an upgrade which will cost more money per month so we need more money from you guys". Instead they just bump it up for no good reason.

It's like England taxing America without atleast a kind "Hey guys, these French ass holes are really costing a lot to fight. If you could just help us out with some taxes that would be great.". Instead the king just threw the taxes in our faces and then one thing lead to another ...
rolleyes.gif

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Guild McCommunist said:
when live is FREE i will. it always amuses me just how many idiots pay to use this crap you can get the same thing on psn and a PC and guess what it's ALL FREE!
laugh.gif

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i really don't like xbox live. its cool and all, but i would NEVER pay for it. I already pay for internet and the cost of games (which is still cheap for LT'ers). multiplayer gaming does not appeal that much to me, maybe its cause i grew up in the late 80's early 90's. i've been on a pc since 1989, i played the first online game that i ever heard of on the BBS's called jailbreak. maybe i just don't have time for games anymore.

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jefffisher said:
the bandwidth and hardware required to run xbox live have gone down drastically since launch.
that along with way more users paying and now with competition from psn, they could easily afford to cut the cost by half and still make more profit on it than they did at the beginning.

like bandwidth and hardware were ever an issue. its just microsoft making money cause they can. i'd understand if games had dedicated servers, continuous updates for new content for each game and whatnot. but they dont.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't use Xbox Live for reasons just like this. While it is realistically a reasonable price for what we get, the fact that we even have to pay at all is kind of ridiculous since PSN does the exact same thing for free, as does the Wii.

Not to mention that every time I've ventured onto Live I've found it much like Mos Eisley. A wretched hive of scum and villainy. Full of racist douchebag twelve year olds who think they're God's Gift to Gaming but don't know what the fire button is.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
Guild McCommunist said:
when live is FREE i will. it always amuses me just how many idiots pay to use this crap you can get the same thing on psn and a PC and guess what it's ALL FREE!
laugh.gif

What does your PC run? Oh, let me guess, fucking Windows.

I'm sick of this shit. You go into threads and you have no clue what you're talking about, you just troll and troll. I suggest you clam shut that trap of yours or grow some maturity. Out of all the members on GBAtemp, you annoy me the most. That's right NarutoFreak, you're off the hook buddy.

I already requested this to be closed. I expected there to be some debating but now it's the same old dance of "fanboys vs. fanboys". Blah blah fucking blah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: After watching, that I feel like I'm on them already