Xbox Game Pass games for May 2022 revealed

l;vl;xcvlk;xcvl;xcv.png

The dawn of a new month means a new collection of Xbox Game Pass titles to peruse. Headed to the service this month are a handful of titles for the various platforms of cloud, console, and PC, including Danganronpa 2, which joins Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc which was added back in January. Loot River is playable as of today, May 3rd, with the following games being available on May 5th:

• Trek to Yomi (Cloud/Console/PC)
  • Citizen Sleeper (Cloud/Console/PC)

With four further games being added on May 10th, with the exception of NHL 22, which will arrive on the 15th:

• Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair Anniversary Edition (Cloud/Console/PC)
  • Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising (Cloud/Console/PC)
  • This War of Mine: Final Cut (Cloud/Console/PC)
  • NHL 2022 (Console)

As usual, some games are also leaving Xbox Game Pass this month:

• Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - Definitive Edition (May 10th)
  • Beholder (May 15th)
  • The Dark Pictures: Man of Medan (May 15th)
  • Guacamelee! 2 (May 15th)
  • Wilmot's Warehouse (May 15th)
  • Unto the End (May 15th)
  • Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair (May 15th)
:arrow: Source

Aheago

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The dawn of a new month means a new collection of Xbox Game Pass titles to peruse. Headed to the service this month are a handful of titles for the various platforms of cloud, console, and PC, including Danganronpa 2, which joins Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc which was added back in January. Loot River is playable as of today, May 3rd, with the following games being available on May 5th:

• Trek to Yomi (Cloud/Console/PC)
  • Citizen Sleeper (Cloud/Console/PC)

With four further games being added on May 10th, with the exception of NHL 22, which will arrive on the 15th:

• Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair Anniversary Edition (Cloud/Console/PC)
  • Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising (Cloud/Console/PC)
  • This War of Mine: Final Cut (Cloud/Console/PC)
  • NHL 2022 (Console)

As usual, some games are also leaving Xbox Game Pass this month:

• Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - Definitive Edition (May 10th)
  • Beholder (May 15th)
  • The Dark Pictures: Man of Medan (May 15th)
  • Guacamelee! 2 (May 15th)
  • Wilmot's Warehouse (May 15th)
  • Unto the End (May 15th)
  • Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair (May 15th)
:arrow: Source
I think they may have removed guacamelee 2 already. My Xbox is asking me to purchase the game if I search it through the store

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
It’s a shame they only say when a game is leaving days before it does, would be nice to have a bit more notice.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Will definitely give Rising a try. Mostly because dying for the main game to release, and any peak at the game's world will be welcome.

Segger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool that two danganronpa games are there now but the anxiety of gamepass removing stuff is part of why I don't use it anymore, maybe if SteamDeck actually ever sells enough to become big, it'll spur Microsoft into making a handheld. I'd definitely take XGP on a mobile game system.

LoggerMan

Trophies
XP
Country
I started so many games only to have them removed from gamepass before I finished them. Gamepass is less a game library and more like a collection of demos.

Reactions: Segger

EntermateStar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I started so many games only to have them removed from gamepass before I finished them. Gamepass is less a game library and more like a collection of demos.
cant really complain for the most part considering sonys new sub service is just actual demos instead of full games, kinda wack imo lol

Codemastershock

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It’s a shame they only say when a game is leaving days before it does, would be nice to have a bit more notice.
it does warn one month in advance on the console and mobile app and gives a 10 to 20% discount to purchase it. It is not like Netflix which the movie or show simply vanishes from your library.

Reactions: tech3475

Stone_Wings

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cant really complain for the most part considering sonys new sub service is just actual demos instead of full games, kinda wack imo lol

Except there will tons of full games on Sonys new sub service. Regarding the "demos" though, I personally quite like that they'll be offering timed trials for AAA games that are not going to be included with Game Pass. Win win situation having both services.

it does warn one month in advance on the console and mobile app and gives a 10 to 20% discount to purchase it. It is not like Netflix which the movie or show simply vanishes from your library.

Tip.

https://www.upflix.net/

Has an entire "Expiring" section. And it's not only for Netflix, it currently also has Prime Video, Disney+, Hulu, HBO Max, and AppleTV+ support. Fantastic app that has come a VERY long way. It started out very bare bones, with just very basic support for newly added Netflix titles. :)

Codemastershock

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
https://www.upflix.net/

Has an entire "Expiring" section. And it's not only for Netflix, it currently also has Prime Video, Disney+, Hulu, HBO Max, and AppleTV+ support. Fantastic app that has come a VERY long way. It started out very bare bones, with just very basic support for newly added Netflix titles. :)
I know that apps, blogs and some people on the internet do point out what is being pulled from streaming services, but the actual services you mentioned dont do this unlike Game Pass, which is bad for the average viewer which is not that into following news about movies and tv...

Stone_Wings

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know that apps, blogs and some people on the internet do point out what is being pulled from streaming services, but the actual services you mentioned dont do this unlike Game Pass, which is bad for the average viewer which is not that into following news about movies and tv...

I already understood what you were saying, I was just offering some advice for people. However, some places do offer a list of titles that are coming and expiring. Hulu for example: https://press.hulu.com/schedule/ Thre is also an expiring section in the "My Stuff" section. Netflix also states in the details for something if it's expiring and the date it's going to expire, although it would be nice to have a dedicated section.

Ahmir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haven't played the series in a while but I remember thinking Goodbye Despair was my favorite. I'm pretty sure 3 is just better in nearly every way, but the end kinda ruined the game for me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jUWpmU-X8k