Xbox 360 Slim - Red Dot of Death - Easy fix?

Marc_LFD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi.

I have a 360 Slim (250GB) and years ago it got hit with RRoD out of nowhere and since then I never used it, but I'd like to use it to play 360 Arcade games delisted I bought so I was hoping someone may be able to help?

I read the power brick may fix the issue? I don't know if that's true.

Thanks.

Reactions: Donnie-Burger

Donnie-Burger

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Hi.

I have a 360 Slim (250GB) and years ago it got hit with RRoD out of nowhere and since then I never used it, but I'd like to use it to play 360 Arcade games delisted I bought so I was hoping someone may be able to help?

I read the power brick may fix the issue? I don't know if that's true.

Thanks.
Check secondary error code:

Same as all models 4 lights = 0

Reactions: Marc_LFD

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
might not be worth fixing. a reflow or reball requires a bga station (though a heat gun may be able to do it as well, but a proper one requires one of these). the stations usually cost several hundred dollars to a grand, so you'd most likely have to send it to someone. for the price it costs to do either, it may be better to buy a new system in case that is indeed the problem. 360s are pretty cheat nowadays, so I would do that if I were you.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

ToothyNom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Depending on where you are I'd just buy a new one tbh. Where I am at xbox360 slims go for around 40 euros and Xbox 360 slim PSU for 15 euros. It could be as easy as getting a new PSU if it's not you're down 15e. 100e for a reball as someone suggested is absurd in my opinion, it's just not worth it.

Rawrlol

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The secondary RROD code is used to gain more information about the general hardware error.
Ok thank you :)
Post automatically merged:

The secondary RROD code is used to gain more information about the general hardware error.
I tried to do it but this keeps blinking

Attachments

• 73601253135__506475DC-93BA-4D2D-B93B-73EB4432E975.MOV
    129 KB
Last edited by Rawrlol,
Reactions: DinohScene

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: they need to have a strong line up on the launch titles too. I think they should move metroid...