Garchomp

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My Xbox 360 kept giving me problems while i was playing some burned games, i.e. it froze up at random points, gave disc unreadable errors, etc. I took the DVD drive apart and cleaned it with rubbing alchohol 60% with a q-tip. Now, it just doesn't read my burned games anymore, i get open tray after it attempts to load the game. However, it reads my real games such as Elder Scrolls IV......just not anymore burned games, even those which never ever gave me problems. So uh....what the hell do I do now?!

Garchomp

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ok, just tried without the cover on, and im concerned. The laser turns on, but uh....when the disc goes in to be read, it looks like the laser is moving up and down while the disc is spinning and looks as if its scratching the disc some, i found some minor scratch marks on the disc when i took it off....uh so wtf?

gokuguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Garchomp said:
its grinding discs....help me!!!

Grinding discs with or without the lid on the DVD drive? I know that when you have the lid off, that the disc is quite loose, and usually slips off as the system tries to read the disc, scratching it.

pas7680

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hitachi lasers are very picky, i've seen loads over the years that will read originals but won't read backups. Buy a new laser would be my advice.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo