Don't you know who I think I am?
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
156.jpg
356.jpg
Serious about getting your arcade experience on? Let X Arcade help with there new adapter for the Wii/Wii U. Any game that supports the classic controller will be able to take advantage of this, and with an army of classic arcade games readyily avilable o the VC this ay be perfect for some

source

nice to see support coming, shame I dn't think it will work with the likes of Tekken Tag Tournament 2 but you never know

edit

just noticed this adapter will also support Dual Shock 2 controllers too

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
and with an army of classic arcade games readyily avilable o the VC
if that's what they consider an army i'd like to see what they'd do if they saw a real one. the arcade vc list is pitiful your better off using retroarch. :P

loco365

Trophies
XP
I'd rather get one that works with NES and SNES games. Mostly because of preference and the fact that I own one of each kind of those controllers.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
so basically it's a wii/u to ps2 adapter.
This, indeed.

59.99 is pretty expensive for just a cable (you can get 2 classic controller plus'es for that thing). I have no idea why that X-Arcade dual joystick is included in the image either, as it's not in the package. That costs 129.99 dollars, and from what I can see, it doesn't even have a PS2 exit to begin with. Let alone 2.

Also...I really hate plain out lies: "The new Wii U™ will not feature Gamecube Controller ports, so this adapter will be required for use on Wii U™.".

That sort of reasoning ticks me off even more than the price. That they're not going to mention the gamepad pro is one thing (about as expensive as that cable)...but this sort of bullshit disgusts me.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
so basically it's a wii/u to ps2 adapter.
This, indeed.

59.99 is pretty expensive for just a cable (you can get 2 classic controller plus'es for that thing). I have no idea why that X-Arcade dual joystick is included in the image either, as it's not in the package. That costs 129.99 dollars, and from what I can see, it doesn't even have a PS2 exit to begin with. Let alone 2.

Also...I really hate plain out lies: "The new Wii U™ will not feature Gamecube Controller ports, so this adapter will be required for use on Wii U™.".

That sort of reasoning ticks me off even more than the price. That they're not going to mention the gamepad pro is one thing (about as expensive as that cable)...but this sort of bullshit disgusts me.
What's there to be disgusted about ?
I've owned an XArcade for nearly 10 years, it's a great product and I love it.

Originally, it came with a PS/2 cable so that you could connect it to a PC and it would have been recognized as an fully programmable ( with 4 save states built in ) external keyboard therefore virtually supported by ANY emulator or PC game that supported keyboard, just like other arcade sticks out there.

But the xarcade did much more then that, with optional adapters, you could connect to the Dreamcast, PS2, GC,xbox or a PC/Mac via USB.
I've been using it for years on my Wii with the GC adapter, so anything that supports a GC controller can be played with this.
Unfortunately support for the GC controller is strongly diminished in the past few years, also new Wiis don't even have a GC port and neither does the Wii U.

So they do the logical thing and release a CC adapter for the xarcade, now it can be used with any game that support the CC, and that's probably 99% of VC and WW and a lot of Wii retails games as well.
Now I can use my xarcade with the Wii U as well, and I don't have to buy another very expensive arcade stick !
What's the arm in that ?

By the way, there's nothing wrong with the xarcade produced sticks and buttons, but a couple of years ago I modified mine by adding an original Sanwa joystick and some Happ buttons ( you can actually effortlessly interchange original arcade parts in it ) and now I wouldn't give it up for nothing in the world.
Bring on the CC adapter !

Also note :
Note: This adapter includes the required X-Arcade™ Standalone 2 Player PS2 Adapter and (2) PS2-Wii Remote Adapters. If you already own the standalone X-Arcade PS2 Adapter, change the drop-down menu to omit its inclusion. This bundle does not support the 5in1 Adapter.

So if you already have a PS2 adapter, you only need the CC > PS2 cable , which I assume is going to be much cheaper.

ohms

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
The X-Arcade 5in1 Adapter has Wii connectors on it. Won't that work with the Wii U?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SMG4 @ SMG4: hi