Hacking Official wuphax v1.1 - Hacking vWii from WiiU Mode

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I wonder, is it possible to dump the entire vWii NAND from IOSUHAX? I would love to be able to dump (and restore) the vWii NAND from "outside" of vWii itself (like you can dump/restore NANDs on an A9LH 3DS using Hourglass9.bin). For example, it would be useful to dump the vWii NAND while it was still in an unhacked state, as a safety net.
I'm also wondering if a vWii NAND Dump done with vWii homebrew is doing the same dump than a vWii NAND dump done on WiiU mode. can vwii mode dump be used to restore it?

Pachee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't work. The binary provided says I don't have Python v2.7 installed, even though I do. (Well, v2.7.12, maybe the binary doesn't detect that properly.)

Guess I'll just have to try a Linux virtual machine.
cd c:\python27\scripts
pip install --update pip
pip install pycrypto

pelago

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm also wondering if a vWii NAND Dump done with vWii homebrew is doing the same dump than a vWii NAND dump done on WiiU mode. can vwii mode dump be used to restore it?
You mean with something like Dump Mii NAND in vWii mode (actually, are there any others?)

Back in thread http://gbatemp.net/threads/is-it-possible-to-have-a-virgin-vwii-nand-dump.366234/ I did attempt to run Boot Mii NAND directly from SSBB Smash Stack hack, to try and get a clean backup, but failed to do so. I could make a backup after hacking vWii, but that wouldn't be properly clean.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes, that's the program I was talking about.
like you said, making a dump after installing HBC wouldn't make a clean dump. Now you can make a clean one from wiiu mode.

I never did a vWii dump as it wasn't really useful without a way to restore them, and it could take hours to dump it.
but I wonder if they both produce the same dump (dump mii nand and rednand dumps), in that case users who did it from vWii wasn't useless. specially users with a bricked vWii.
not sure if it can be restored or if there's a version check too, like for wiiu version.

pelago

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, that's the program I was talking about.
like you said, making a dump after installing HBC wouldn't make a clean dump. Now you can make a clean one from wiiu mode.

I never did a vWii dump as it wasn't really useful without a way to restore them, and it could take hours to dump it.
but I wonder if they both produce the same dump (dump mii nand and rednand dumps), in that case users who did the dump it wasn't useless. specially users with a bricked vWii.
I imagine they wouldn't binary compare, as just booting vWii would slightly change the NAND. I don't know if they would otherwise be compatible.

But my initial question was whether it was actually possible to dump the vWii NAND from Wii U mode? I mean, in the OP of this thread, it says to run backup.py, but I think that just produces a backup of the Mii channel app (a bit like you can dump the 3DS Health & Safety app in Hourglass9) - it doesn't, as far as I know, produce a full vWii NAND dump. But I haven't actually tried it.

FIX94

Former Staff
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you run dimoks nand dumper it dumps slccmpt in the process, which is in fact the vwii nand, this can be proven by dumping the wiiu otp with something like the network otp dumper and decrypting it with the key at offset 0x58. this series of scripts does not touch slccmpt directly but uses the wiiu mounting code to let the wiiu itself do all the decrypting etc.

Reactions: HikariWS and pelago

MattPiscopo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
French translation as NWPlayer asked on Twitter (https://twitter.com/NWPlayer123/status/793119073076862976)

Vérifiez d’avoir l’IOSU Hax uniquement avec WupServer activé et déjà configuré.
Cette version peut être trouvée dans ma fork du IOSU qui fait partie de la discussion que j’ai déjà citée.
Si vous n’avez pas installé l’IOSU Hax en le compilant vous même, pensez à installer Python pour que cela fonctionne, j’ai uniquement testé avec Python 2.7.
Téléchargez cette version du projet et extrayez le dans un nouveau dossier.
Téléchargez l’installateur HackMii et placez son boot.elf à la racine de votre Carte SD.
À partir de maintenant, tout se fera dans le nouveau dossier que vous avez crée.
Démarrez l’IOSU Hax et changez l’IP de la Wii U dans WupClient.py (ligne 29) avec celle de votre console.
Après cela, lancez BackUp.py, cela devrait vous donner un 00000001.app si tout fonctionne.
Lancez InjectDol.py, cela devrait vous donner un Boot.app
Maintenant, lancez simplement WriteDol.py et attendez qu’il upload le nouvel exécutable
Après cela, éteignez votre Wii U, débranchez son alimentation et vérifiez qu’il n’y a aucun appareil USB branché.
Rebranchez-la, et démarrez le mode Wii.
Dans le mode Wii, démarrez la chaîne Mii, cela devrait lancer le Boot.elf de votre Carte SD, installez l’Homebrew Channel depuis ce menu.

Pour réinitialiser votre chaîne Mii, démarrez l’IOSU Hax et lancez Restore.py
Après cela, vous pouvez éteindre votre Wii U, débrancher son alimentation et la rebrancher. Votre chaîne Mii devrait être normale.

Edit by cyan:
I corrected some words and spelling (there were stil "and" instead of "et")
I did very little changes, I kept your formulation.
I added something wich weren't in the original english version : the boot.elf has to be on the SD card root.

Last edited by Cyan,

Arck

Trophies
XP
Country
French translation as NWPlayer asked on Twitter (https://twitter.com/NWPlayer123/status/793119073076862976)​

Vérifiez d’avoir l’IOSU Hax uniquement avec WupServer activé et, déjà configuré.
Cette version peut être trouvée dans ma fork du IOSU qui fait partie de la discussion que j’ai déjà citée.
Si vous n’avez pas installé l’IOSU Hax en le compilant vous même, pensez à installer Python pour que cela fonctionne, j’ai uniquement testé avec Python 2.7.
Téléchargez cette version de ce project et extrayez le dans un nouveau dossier.
Téléchargez l’installateur HackMii and placez son Boot.elf dans votre Carte SD.
À partir de maintenant, tout se fera dans le le nouveau dossier que vous avez crée.
Démarrez l’IOSU Hax and changez l’IP de la Wii U dans WupClient.py (ligne 29) avec celle de votre console.
Après cela, lancez BackUp.py, cela devrait vous donner un 00000001.app si tout fonctionne.
Lancez InjectDol.py, cela devrait vous donner un Boot.app/
Maintenant,lancez simplement WriteDol.py et attendez qu’il upload le nouvel exécutable
Après cela, éteignez votre Wii U, débranchez son alimentation et vérifiez qu’il n’y a aucun appareils USB branchés.
Rebranchez la, et démarrez le mode Wii.
Dans le mode Wii, démarrez la chaîne Mii, cela devrait démarrer le Boot.elf de votre Carte SD, installez l’Homebrew channel depuis ce menu.

Pour réinitialiser votre chaîne Mii, démarrez l’IOSU Hax et lancez Restore.py
Après cela, vous pouvez éteindre votre Wii U, débrancher son alimentation et la rebrancher, ensuite, votre chaîne Mii devrait être normale.
you forgot to link the file in your copy/paste.
original:
https://twitter.com/NWPlayer123/status/793132323260600320

Irastris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
God damn beautiful. Finally manage to get the fw.img.full.bin and the sections created, and now I can't build it. This is what I get trying to run make after LITERALLY JUST NOW INSTALLING DEVKITARM.
Code:
make[1]: Entering directory `/c/Users/Irastris/Downloads/iosuhax-master/wupserver'
      0 [main] make 6796 open_stackdumpfile: Dumping stack trace to make.exe.stackdump
And then I get the message that make is not responding.

I guess I'm just too stupid to understand this stuff and will have to wait on SALT, because this is just getting ridiculous. One error after the other.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74nTzbgDGWM