Gaming Would Xbox One beat PS4 sales if sold for $300?

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes but not in japan, fact that is making PS4 weeaboos get worried about the manga-anime-jRPG-style gaming beeing released more on WiiU than on PS4 in the next months or years.

Anyway, PS4 has everything to "win" this generation, lets wait and see
Those type of games will still flock to Playstation regardless of sales. Look at the Vita.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
yes but not in japan, fact that is making PS4 weeaboos get worried about the manga-anime-jRPG-style gaming beeing released more on WiiU than on PS4 in the next months or years.

Anyway, PS4 has everything to "win" this generation, lets wait and see

PS4 and Wii U sales are both utterly pathetic in Japan.

Wanna play weeaaboo gaems? Get a 3DS/Vita/iPhone combo.

Lestworth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, probably not. M$ destroyed themselves with the first impression of the console, that is "FUCK GAMERS" basically. You only get ONE chance to deliver yourself to your consumer base, and when that message is a fat middle finger
tumblr_mkj07kuAWy1qddanco1_400.gif
You dont exactly get a second chance from the majority of the people. Granted they will gain back trust over time but that thought will remain in the back of everyone's mind. Yup they still sold like hotcakes, but would it of outsold? mmmm probably not, your hoping for a significant boost, and you might of got a few 10k-100k more people.

Also, id much rather have Conker back on Nintendo, its where i remember it, its where i loved it. Reloaded SUCKED MASSIVELY and totally did not live up to the original.

Bobbybangin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The PS4 took #1 in sales in February, according to NPD, but the margin was close enough that the Xbox One took #1 in dollars, since it costs $100 more per console. Reportedly, the Xbox One is closing the gap in sales between the PS4. Software wise, the Xbox One is reportedly crushing the PS4. With Titan Fall set to release and an announced price drop, I would expect the Xbox One to overtake the PS4 in sales, at least in the US.

Read more about that here...
http://venturebeat.com/2014/03/13/f...tion-4-and-xbox-one-continue-fighting-it-out/

here...
http://www.joystiq.com/2014/03/13/february-npd-ps4-sells-more-xbox-one-leads-in-dollar-amount/

and here...
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-03-14-xbox-one-closing-monthly-us-sales-gap-on-ps4

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am not sure, first what Gahars said but I should also mention there is something to be said for MS ensuring that every user has a kinect device.

Now I am certainly not sold on the virtues of the Kinect but there have been a few examples in games history of why you do not sell optional extras (required for some games) at a price point above the N64 expansion pack* or maybe something like the megadrive 6 button controller.

*that the N64 expansion pack and megadrive 6 button controller also represented a real and worthwhile upgrade to games did not hurt matters either, motion controls have added decidedly less to gaming beyond making sure the Wii had a built in audience for badly handling rail shooters.

Right now it seems all the current consoles, give or take mainline android, are selling on some "future potential", though Nintendo's promise of future potential is wearing very thin indeed on all fronts, and future potential is the first step on the path to failed to meet promise/potential and I really hate it when that happens.
Don't forget the original dualshock. Also the N64 expansion pack came with Majora's Mask, that's the only reason everyone had one....

Edit: Or not seem I got it some other way.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Don't forget the original dualshock. Also the N64 expansion pack came with Majora's Mask, that's the only reason everyone had one....

Majora's Mask played second fiddle to Perfect Dark, Donkey Kong 64 and maybe one of the Turok sequels around here.

As for the dual shock, that would be an example of a low cost upgrade, and one with real merit.

Reactions: Ericthegreat

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Majora's Mask did not include an expansion pak, Donkey Kong 64 did.

edit:Apparently there was a version of MM that included the expansion, but only in Japan.

Reactions: Ericthegreat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=c_jlLQb2_rM&pp=ygUQSGVyIG5hbWUgaXMgc29ueQ%3D%3D +1