Homebrew Question Would it be "legal" for me to post "blank" boot0 / 1 for repair purposes?

fredinator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi,
Sorry to pick this up again but I was really stupid and thought I could update my 6.2.0 firmware to 7.0.1 easily with choidojour. I made a rawnand backup but did not make one for boot0/1 (my guide did not mention it or I read past that)
I panicked and restored my rawnand back to 6.2.0 now I'm stuck with a blue screen. Someone in another thread mentioned this thread to get the switch to work again. But I can't even run the modded hekate.
I put it in the argon payload folder and it shows up on the argon screen but I cant start it. Normal hekate works.

I'm new to this and have difficulties to understand what does what. Sorry

chiche11

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hello mattytrog i used your method and bring my friend switch back.
I got his
HWI: SBK TSEC KEY: DEVICE KEY:

and in your empty boot 0 bis keys are empty as u said
but i have those too from fail emunand boot0.

BIS KEY 0 (crypt):
BIS KEY 0 (tweak):

BIS KEY 1 (crypt):
BIS KEY 1 (tweak):

BIS KEY 2 (crypt):
BIS KEY 2 (tweak):

BIS KEY 3 (crypt):
BIS KEY 3 (tweak):

Any way to recover that, i cant use atmosphere or SX, I tried manual downgrade and couldnot use ChoiDujour just getting:
[WARN]: Failed to match key "ssl_rsa_kek_source_x", (value "xxxxx")
[WARN]: Failed to match key "ssl_rsa_kek_source_y", (value "xxxxx")

[23040] Failed to execute script ChoiDujour
Tried that method Unbrick Your Switch Pack from that xbin ftp and did not worked too. (btw is just the same than your method but with a premade 6.2 fw)

IDK what i can do console boots on 8.0.1, (fuses burned) but cant boot any cfw.
Any idea? I cant not reupdate via recovery mode tho. Tryed formatting console too same boot0. I think i need to find a way to rebuild that boot0 and boot1 with my keys but idk how.
hope gets some help!

simon66

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello mattytrog i used your method and bring my friend switch back.
I got his
HWI: SBK TSEC KEY: DEVICE KEY:

and in your empty boot 0 bis keys are empty as u said
but i have those too from fail emunand boot0.

BIS KEY 0 (crypt):
BIS KEY 0 (tweak):

BIS KEY 1 (crypt):
BIS KEY 1 (tweak):

BIS KEY 2 (crypt):
BIS KEY 2 (tweak):

BIS KEY 3 (crypt):
BIS KEY 3 (tweak):

Any way to recover that, i cant use atmosphere or SX, I tried manual downgrade and couldnot use ChoiDujour just getting:
[WARN]: Failed to match key "ssl_rsa_kek_source_x", (value "xxxxx")
[WARN]: Failed to match key "ssl_rsa_kek_source_y", (value "xxxxx")

[23040] Failed to execute script ChoiDujour
Tried that method Unbrick Your Switch Pack from that xbin ftp and did not worked too. (btw is just the same than your method but with a premade 6.2 fw)

IDK what i can do console boots on 8.0.1, (fuses burned) but cant boot any cfw.
Any idea? I cant not reupdate via recovery mode tho. Tryed formatting console too same boot0. I think i need to find a way to rebuild that boot0 and boot1 with my keys but idk how.
hope gets some help!

In order to get your BIS key, you need a dump of your fuses and tsec keys. They are console specific and I don't think there's a way to derive those keys without those 2 files.
What kind of backup files do you have? Also, does your console boot up? If so, back up those keys asap using hekate_ctcaer.bin (https://gbatemp.net/threads/rcm-payload-hekate-ctcaer-mod.502604/)

chiche11

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Thank you Simon for your advice, I got the keys from the 6.0.1 emunand. Did choi manual downgrade, booted up recovery, did normal update to 8.0.1 now sx, and atmosphere working great [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: simon66

chiche11

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I didn`t get the tag i`m afraid. Didn`t even know anyone was reading this thread!

If anyone has any faulty / suspect boot0/1, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PM me or email them to me.

I want the pack to evolve and work for everyone.

my email is

In fact you saved me from a heart attack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Neuro vYrus

leons09

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cambodia
Do you hate anime? You do?

ihateanime2

;)
Thanks you and what a nice password you got there :D .
By the way, I am sorry to disturb you once again, i am new to this scene,

My switch got brick and I did stupidly thing by restore someone else nand, I wonder how many things will it mess up my systems like the tesc_key and bis key ?
Because I have try manual downgrade using ChuiDojour on PC, but the bis key I generate from hekate always failed ( red text when I fill in PRODINFO ).
Any tips on this one :wub:?

mattytrog

You don`t want to listen to anything I say.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks you and what a nice password you got there :D .
By the way, I am sorry to disturb you once again, i am new to this scene,

My switch got brick and I did stupidly thing by restore someone else nand, I wonder how many things will it mess up my systems like the tesc_key and bis key ?
Because I have try manual downgrade using ChuiDojour on PC, but the bis key I generate from hekate always failed ( red text when I fill in PRODINFO ).
Any tips on this one :wub:?

You are screwed.

Your PRODINFO will be completely overwritten, as well as keyblobs. Though keyblobs won`t matter on sept firmwares...

Unless you have a backup(any backup that contains PRODINFO and ideally BOOT0/1), you are stuck with using as a linux box until Atmosphere can run PRODINFO-less firmware.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news...

HOWEVER if you have at least PRODINFO, we should be able to do something with it.

Reactions: leons09

MannyS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Could you share the link.
I'm the same type of stupid that didn't backup the boot0/1
But I have raw nand and all the other file... but NO boot0/1

And yes I bricked my NSWITCH screwing with things and now I need to return to my OFW backup
Thanks

Last edited by MannyS,

leons09

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cambodia
You are screwed.

Your PRODINFO will be completely overwritten, as well as keyblobs. Though keyblobs won`t matter on sept firmwares...

Unless you have a backup(any backup that contains PRODINFO and ideally BOOT0/1), you are stuck with using as a linux box until Atmosphere can run PRODINFO-less firmware.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news...

HOWEVER if you have at least PRODINFO, we should be able to do something with it.
Sadly I don't have any of those. Thanks for clarify :bow:. I'll do the L4T stuff for now. I will be extremely be careful with my new switch :yayswitch:.

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sadly I don't have any of those. Thanks for clarify :bow:. I'll do the L4T stuff for now. I will be extremely be careful with my new switch :yayswitch:.
If you're using atmosphere check sdmmc:/atmosphere/automatic_backups. Atmosphere makes automatic backups of your cal0/prodinfo

mattytrog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you're using atmosphere check sdmmc:/atmosphere/automatic_backups. Atmosphere makes automatic backups of your cal0/prodinfo
Good point! Forgot about that.

May just save it.

Of course Atmos cannot run & decrypt the "wrong" one as keys are wrong. So should error / return NULL I`m thinking.
...Therefore, may be intact!

Think its decrypted...

So... If you have it, Format PRODINFO with your CORRECT keys (it will complain about requiring formatting) and either copy/hexedit or restore the file atmosphere made. Ensure that it contains CAL0 and look for your serial number in there.

Hope I clear ?

Last edited by mattytrog,
Reactions: ZachyCatGames

DBOA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have a question

For what I undestood the files you provided are are backups only for the part of the files that are before the keyblob, when i flash them, the keyblob part remains unchanged, right?
Is there a way to know if my backups have the correct keyblobs in them?
I have a bricked switch without backups, I make backups from the broken state and I want to know if the keyblobs are OK

mattytrog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have a question

For what I undestood the files you provided are are backups only for the part of the files that are before the keyblob, when i flash them, the keyblob part remains unchanged, right?
Is there a way to know if my backups have the correct keyblobs in them?
I have a bricked switch without backups, I make backups from the broken state and I want to know if the keyblobs are OK
You need to be on a firmware < 6.2.0 and follow the choi downgrade method (command line, not NX). If it boots, your keyblobs are fine.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If anyone needs it... New file posted "somewhere"... im such a GIT...

msg me for pass if anyone needs it

Reactions: mdmachine

dysseus

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
You need to be on a firmware < 6.2.0 and follow the choi downgrade method (command line, not NX). If it boots, your keyblobs are fine.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If anyone needs it... New file posted "somewhere"... im such a GIT...

msg me for pass if anyone needs it

Hi, stumbeled over your post by searching for a solution for my problem. So I thougt I could use yor files... I found them, but... you know.

Mikeltii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Right. Quick one.

Don`t know if a mod / admin can answer this.

People are bricking their switches during downgrade, looks like more-and-more, the BOOT0 is messed up.

I have created / edited some boot 0 / 1 for different firmwares.

In a nutshell, all calib. data would remain, boot0 are chopped just before the keyblobs at 1536kb

It isn`t piracy, but rather a means to an end for people to fix their consoles.

I have autoRCM and normal versions. You restore them with my modded hekate (ignoring incorrect size).

What do people think? Will it fly?

Someone on here said "Discord". But I can`t get my head around that and the bleeps are enough to make Mary Poppins swear.

could you sen me the pac of that boo0 and boot1? i got problem with my switch on 9.0.1..I need help

mattytrog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
OK... New unbrick pack being uploaded to <HERE> . If anyone wants to mirror, feel free.
Password is the usual one I use. Look elsewhere.

Includes blank rawnand - you will need your own BCPKG2-5 Repair-Main and BCPKG2-5 Repair-Sub if using blank rawnand.
Will recover your console to 6.2.0.

FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS IN THE PACK!!!

Will make v9.0.0 blank boots today. Thanks @linuxares

Hectic few days!

Last edited by mattytrog,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway