Hacking Worth buying new SC SDHC?

sigye

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I already have an old SCDS v1. I was wondering if it is worth getting the new SC SDHC as an upgrade from the old SCDS.

Like does it have any new features or benefits such as better compatibility, more forgivingness of microsd brand etc.,
or is the only difference of this card compared to previous versions of the supercard ds one secure digital high capacity
capability?

scdsone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
SuperCard DSONE(SDHC) has the same function as old DSONE, it support both MicroSD/TFlash and SDHC MicroSD/TFlash.

theres nothing new apart from SDHC support & ive read that SDHC cards are only getting 13 on the auto speed test & IMHO anything less than 17 is to slow

sigye

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the reply.

I see... i guess i will just stick with my old supercard ds then since to seems to run everything fine even with my TAIWAN kingston micro sd.

retiredjerk

Trophies
XP
Country
you know i hated the original DS one. It was slow and buggy and my first one died in like 3 days. Recently i traded for a SDHC version and i tested it using Sandisk 4GB MicroSD HC. This was one of the first sandisk cards that went retail. I was amazed at how well this plays. I have yet to experience any problems. The only negative thing i have found is the game takes a few sec more to load than an R4. I think it has more to do with the MicroSD HC speed than anything else. I get about 5Mb/s copying from pc to card. One other thing is that the new m3 ds real chokes on this card. it just hangs when it gets to the game screen where it displays all your games. sometimes it will load but more than 50% of the files will be 0mb files.strange. anyway this card is pretty impressive for 4GB and up.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it loads slower because the Supercard DS actually patches the game in memory at the moment you run it. Most carts do this as well, like the R4 and M3 Simply, but they do it more transparently, without letting the user know what's happening. With the SCDS you have the option to turn the patching on or off as well as what specific things to patch, which can help increase compatibility with certain games that require specific patching options. This patching can also be used to add soft-reset support to homebrew files, auto-DLDI patch, etc.

Godot0102

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wanted to buy this new SC one sdhc so i could use it with a 8 gb microsd.
If the speed isn't good then i won't bother.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Check the official forums before you do. I think I remember people having issues with cards larger than 4 GB or something.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: @NinStar Sure, dear. Where do I put this boxer with... holes?