Hacking Question regarding overwriting new Pokemon S/V save with old

gtarmanrob

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Long story short I was transferring a Violet save between my modded and unmodded via the Save Transfer utility when the Transfer failed and now both Switch's are stuck/bricked in the Save Transfer loop, only option is to reinistialise both and lose everything. I had just transferred my Sword save perfectly like 5 mins prior so no idea what happened.

I luckily have my Pokemon saves backed up on the modded V1 emunand, however I will now obviously lose everything on my unmodded OLED

My question is, once I reinitialise my main OLED, and then be forced to start each Pokemon game again since the saves will get wiped, can I simply create new saves, transfer them to my modded V1 (still unbanned) then overwrite them with my old ones' transfer back and continue where I left off? So I will regain my original saves and TID/SID etc

I plan to play Scarlet legit, the save is not illegally modded in any way it is 100% legal and clean, I just want to essentially restore my old one.

Not after any advice on the process I am fully aware and capable of how to do this all good
;)
have done it plenty, just other night it randomly failed and tanked everything

All I wanna know is, should I be ok to simply overwrite a new save with my old data and pick up where I left off as though nothing happened? I assume making a new save after reinitialising will issue me a new TID and SID even though I will be using the same NS account, wondering if I dont ever go online with the new one, my new TID and SID should never 'officially' register? I am trying to avoid having to batch edit the old saves with new TID and SID as all the PIDs will change and affect shiny status etc and it causes lot of conflicts I will have to manually rectify. I will obviously go this way if it is the safest but for now hoping the easiest is viable
Post automatically merged:

Never mind - some absolute legend over on Reddit who had the same issue contacted Nintendo and learned how to resolve it. Bloody worked. Will post a quick tutorial thread for anyone who gives a shit :)

Last edited by gtarmanrob,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto