Worst Gaming Related Thing You Ever Bought

dalc789

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd say the worst thing I bought was the 3DS on launch day. It didn't even take too long for the price to drop 80 bucks.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Yipee to twenty games I've already played?
I mean, I agree, it's still doesn't really make up for the $80 price drop. But I'm all for having as many handheld games on one console as possible (especially those GBA games). Some of them I've never even played. I really hope Nintendo gets on the ball with GBA VC and more GB/GBC VC.
Yeah, they're nice and all, but I have a DSTWO that could play them. So I didn't really get anything out of the ambassador thing.
With those frame rate issues and compatibility? I'll take ambassador over a supercard any day. but that's just me. (I own a SCDS2, btw).

Reactions: RodrigoDavy

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I mean, I agree, it's still doesn't really make up for the $80 price drop. But I'm all for having as many handheld games on one console as possible (especially those GBA games). Some of them I've never even played. I really hope Nintendo gets on the ball with GBA VC and more GB/GBC VC.

I wish I had those ambassador games too. Even though I could use NesDS, the 3DS have better screen resolution for playing nes games. And the gba games look really big in the 3DS screen because of the aspect ratio.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I wish I had those ambassador games too. Even though I could use NesDS, the 3DS have better screen resolution for playing nes games. And the gba games look really big in the 3DS screen because of the aspect ratio.
Yeah. Plus $80 is already almost what I spent on grabbing a backlit GBA SP and copy of Yoshi's Island GBA not long ago ($40 for the SP, $25 for Yoshi's Island).

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
BTW, the only reason I didn't start playing mega man (never played it before) is because I'm waiting for these games to be released in the eshop.
Pro tip: The 4 Mega Man Zero games are available as a collection on one DS cart. I suggest grabbing them. They basically combine the gameplay style of Mega Man X with the extreme difficulty that earlier titles had (though they're still nowhere near as hard as the classic series).

Also, Mega Man ZX and ZX Advent on the DS are worth checking out (they're sort of spiritual successors to the Zero series).

Reactions: RodrigoDavy

Catastrophic

Perfectly Normal
Trophies
XP
Country
Before I bought the 2 official Gamecube controllers I have now, we bought a number of Gamecube controllers which were all broken as hell. The first one came in the mail with a completely smashed analog stick and it didn't play at all. The second was a replica and had a very loose and imprecise analog. The third and fourth were GameStop controllers I bought on my trip to Denmark, the C-Stick on the first broke for absolutely no reason whatsoever and the A button on the second is so insensitive that you had to thrust your finger on it.

The official ones felt like a breath of fresh air.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Before I bought the 2 official Gamecube controllers I have now, we bought a number of Gamecube controllers which were all broken as hell. The first one came in the mail with a completely smashed analog stick and it didn't play at all. The second was a replica and had a very loose and imprecise analog. The third and fourth were GameStop controllers I bought on my trip to Denmark, the C-Stick on the first broke for absolutely no reason whatsoever and the A button on the second is so insensitive that you had to thrust your finger on it.

Your experience sounds catastrophic.

Catastrophic

Perfectly Normal
Trophies
XP
Country
Your experience sounds catastrophic.
MaybeImjustinabadmoodtoday_9d404568df389a4c14a77355136a6995.jpg

Felipe_9595

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire

Never buy fake GC controllers, you can buy an original one and will last years, with the same money, you will buy 5 fake ones that will last a day each one (Not joking, once i bought a fake controller and it lasted a day. 1 miserable day. Fake controllers cant hand Melee xDD)

Intimidator88

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Virtual Boy retail full price.... sure my parents helped me out but i done all kinds of stuff earning that cash.... at the time i didnt know what a horrible mistake i had made but as i got older i figured it out.... :(

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Virtual Boy retail full price.... sure my parents helped me out but i done all kinds of stuff earning that cash.... at the time i didnt know what a horrible mistake i had made but as i got older i figured it out.... :(

Could you make the font bigger? I'm on the moon and can't read it properly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ptLqnNMcQk