Worst Gaming Related Thing You Ever Bought

NightsOwl

Pays For Avatar Art (For some reason)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought some Wiimote Rechargeable batteries that were like, meant specifically only for the controller and it had a charging stand with it.

About 1 month after I got it, the Wiimotes wouldn't charge anymore unless I took a sharp object and scratched off some black crap off the batteries.. After a while I just said fuck it and threw it out.

What a piece of shit.

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I once bought an LCD screen for the old fat PS2. Cost me £80 and the quality was absolutely abysmal! It was that long ago it was early days for LCD at the time. Was so bad it was unplayable. Dont know what possessed me. Luckily, I was able to return it on the grounds that I was a valued customer with an online retailer as I made numerous purchases over the years. Lucky escape.

I also bought an Amstrad GX4000. The older ones in here will shudder at this!

D

Deleted User

agarest generations of war zero

edit

also my dsi... why?
i didnt hate the console i only didnt know about the gba slot xD
i had like 12 gba games i play and i didnt have a gameboy (i had a silver ds lite that broke xD)

Reactions: NightsOwl

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had those NES IR wireless remotes.... from Aklaim no less!
o_XuXXvGdEjMv7xU5.jpg

This thing was pretty damn craptastic.... although the one I had is slightly different than this picture. Mine had 2 controllers with 1 receiver that had to plugs for the NES. I thought two players would be cool.... It would work great if you had it pointed EXACTLY at the receiver and it also chewed up batteries pretty fast. Decent for strategy games but horrid for action games.

Edit: Also Ikari Warriors for the NES, the game graphically is pretty much arcade perfect but the controls are painful compared to the arcade. They managed to figure out a working control scheme for Heavy Barrel and that conversion is a blast to play so in that aspect Ikari Warriors made me very sad....

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
SNES: Primal Rage (What the frack was I thinking? The arcade version isn't much better...either.), Super Gameboy adapter (just played a ton of Kirby's Dream Land on the SNES, and plus used it as a party demo thingy), Shaq Fu (yeah, the ultra cheap price was a dead giveaway, even if it was practically brand new)

Gameboy: Mortal Kombat (I bought that multicart especially for MKI - terrible quality of game, and terrible sound effects - only cool thing was playing as Goro)

Launch day original DS - I had one dead pixel, and it sat on the shelf for ages. Also, I got more out of the Metroid First Hunt demo than anything else. Finally sold it a couple of months later, only to rebuy it for Pokemon.

Tamagotchi for the PC. Terrible interface, terrible gameplay and really why? (It was at a Surplus Shop in my hometown.)

Tropico 1 - the disk was scratched. It was at Wal-mart, and their return policy was really dismaying.

Monster Hunter Tri 3G - Japanese version. I thought I could turn a profit on ebay, but apparently nope....people rather buy games from sellers who regularly sell them.

mrfatso

That guy!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
All gaming related magazines I've bought over the years.

Just useless and horribly outdated, I pleaded myself to never buy another magazine related to gaming.

That and some strategy books that i bought a long time ago, they dont even mentioned missables ffs, which is precisely the point when we toss money for them.

Also, some kickstarter project that i fund and regret when they succeeded, mostly because i felt that those guys were just making use of brand name and not putting in any effort.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E