Worst Gaming Related Thing You Ever Bought

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
For my PS2 I got the dvd remote for it. It was a pointless purchase. The worst part was that it had the x, square, circle, and triangle buttons on it, because you know, I'm going to try Metal Gear Solid 2 with it. XD
Funny thing is that I think the PS3 remote is probably one of the best remotes I've used. For the PS3, the x&co are used for navigating the menus and so forth. Not bad IMO. :P

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
I bought a game.com on release day. I wanted to like it so bad, I really did. But the whole thing was just a blurry mess. I even bought it with my own money.

I did get one nice thing out of it. I was on a band trip and I let the girl behind me on the bus use it for the trip. She gave it back to me with her name and number in the organizer. Score.

Latiken

GBATemp's Epic Fusion
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That would be like saying "I don't see why knockoff chinese counterfeits of Chevy Camaros are really that bad. I bought one, and sure, sometimes the steering wheel would get stuck in one direction and the gas pedal would get stuck to the metal, but besides that, it was fully functional."
Yes, but your similarities differ from my controller because I could always unplug the controller and insert it again.
Can't do that with a Camaro! :)
And my Nintendo brand controller would do this two, so it might not even be the 3rd party one.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Yes, but your similarities differ from my controller because I could always unplug the controller and insert it again.
Can't do that with a Camaro! :)
And my Nintendo brand controller would do this two, so it might not even be the 3rd party one.
oh, you're talking about how the control stick tilts when you first start it?

Generally, that's a result of having it pressed in a direction when the console is turned on. The console reads wherever the control stick sits as the "zero" point when the console is turned on, to avoid issues of loose sticks, etc. I thought you meant that it just randomly did that in the middle of the game.

Latiken

GBATemp's Epic Fusion
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh, you're talking about how the control stick tilts when you first start it?

Generally, that's a result of having it pressed in a direction when the console is turned on. The console reads wherever the control stick sits as the "zero" point when the console is turned on, to avoid issues of loose sticks, etc. I thought you meant that it just randomly did that in the middle of the game.
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh... Lol.

kingcolex

Joe "Coop" Cooper
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Original M3 cost 80 us loaded once and was dead. The company was very very bad with support and made me take all these photos and what not and never gave me a refund. Bought straight from them.

Goveynetcom

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Worst video game purchases, that's a difficult one :/
Mario's Time Machine for snes, Shaq Fu for genesis, and a gameshark memory card usb thing for the original xbox that I literally never used, and eventually I just modded that xbox anyways.
On the other hand, I've gotten plenty of good deals too. I shop pretty well for video game stuff, but I also fall prey to bad deals when it's something I really want.

Reactions: SuzieJoeBob

Lemmy Koopa

M3 Perfect fanboy
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Ha.... even the GBA Version that was demoed using the Blue Roses Engine looked DAMN much better:

My fail buy... hmm for now I gotta say: Circle Pad Pro.. I planned on using it with KH DDD and didn't use it at all (save for trying it).
I was hoping it could be used for cycling the command but nope.

Maybe it will get some use with Monster Hunter 4[/quote]

Reminds me of the GBA Tony Hawk games, except the model in that video is way more detailed.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
@the_randomizer: that doesn't pisses me off. It just makes me wonder why you bought it in the first place.
The 3D effect is kinda "meh" for me as well...so I just stopped buying games for it.
To be honest, I'm more concerned about the people who bought one for their kids...and then read that you shouldn't use the 3D effect below the age of...erm...12? 16? I forgot. In any case, there's an age limit: anything below will screw up the eyes. Now THAT would be a bad gaming thing. :P

Ahem...on topic: I forgot to mention the (cheap) wireless gamecube controller I once bought. Sometimes during playing, it suddenly gets stuck on the 'down' position (which you can only solve through turning the thing off and on again). By itself, not THAT breaking...except when you're playing a fast paced game like F-Zero.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@the_randomizer: that doesn't pisses me off. It just makes me wonder why you bought it in the first place.
The 3D effect is kinda "meh" for me as well...so I just stopped buying games for it.
To be honest, I'm more concerned about the people who bought one for their kids...and then read that you shouldn't use the 3D effect below the age of...erm...12? 16? I forgot. In any case, there's an age limit: anything below will screw up the eyes. Now THAT would be a bad gaming thing. :P

pegi-7.jpg

SuzieJoeBob

NOT a New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was that a blanket statement or should I make on for you?

OT:
Knock off PS2 controller, it had typos all over the package and it stopped working before I even played the second time.
20-in-1 game handheld, I can't believe I ever went near that thing, it had Tetris and some kind of duck hunt thing!
A PS2 game, which showed a cool racing game or something on the cover, which didn't have a game inside, it had a DVD!

DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!!!!!!! But seriously, this will turn into a flame-war. (If it isn't already) :P

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
The "suggested" age for 3D mode is ages 6 and up. And the statement about messing up eyes is completely false. There's no studies or reports or anything to suggest that 3D mode on the 3DS actually hurts little kids' eyes... it's just a safety precaution ("just in case") since their eyes are still developing. Not to mention headaches, dizziness, etc that they're probably more susceptible to.
DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!!!!!!! But seriously, this will turn into a flame-war. (If it isn't already) :P
Warns against flame wars... by responding to a 10+ day old potentially inflammatory post and bringing it back to everyone's attention.

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably either my Gears of War Limited Edition 360, due to the sheer fact that I literally have barely played it outside of Gear's 3 and Halo 4 (And some Reach). Or any of the Guitar Hero/Rock Band accessories while they were still near full retail price.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over