ROM Hack [WIP] Yo-kai Watch 4 ++ Switch English Translation Project

Samus12345

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm stuck at the bicycle quest in Chapter 2 where Nate wants you to buy 1 of each of the 4 ice creams at the convenience store. He refuses to let the story advance no matter what I do. I tried selling all my ice cream and buying the 4 again, no dice. Everything I can find online shows he is supposed to give you an option to say something to him when you have all 4. Has anyone else ever had this problem?

EDIT: If any future web searchers run into this problem, this quest cannot be completed unless you do the other 2 first.

EDIT 2: Just wanted to say thank you to the translators of this project for enabling me to discover and play this game. I was only vaguely aware of the Yo-Kai Watch games as Pokemon clones, and since I don't like Pokemon I ignored them. When I was looking through Switch translations, I initially passed this one over, but when I took a closer look I saw it had real time combat, which piqued my interest. Turns out I like this game a lot, which was a surprise to me. It sucks that the franchise is pretty much dead and we won't get any more, but I'm glad they made at least one game with gameplay I like so I could experience their world.

Last edited by Samus12345,
Reactions: matias3ds and nWo

DrgnMasterKota

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Patch update 1.5.0 has been published.
The game is now 94% fully translated.
Overall, these are minor changes not too different from the last update patch, but here are some highlights:
  • More NPC text translated
  • Equipment text and effects translated
  • A New Generation of Heroes!? translated
  • Spicy x Pizza! Unyielding Battle! translated
  • Be Sorry, Food Thief! translated
  • Almost all tutorial images translated
  • Tutorial text retranslation WIP started
As you'll note from the previous patch, the tutorial text was grossly mistranslated by someone, and It was kept for some reason. So while it might be a minor inconvenience for now, you'll have to deal with some tutorials being untranslated.
You should be fine due to the actual game mechanics and tutorial images being fully translated now.

Last edited by DrgnMasterKota,

Samus12345

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bug found in the most recent patch: In case 27, Dimmy is supposed to leave the restaurant if you bring him a rice ball, but the game doesn't recognize it if you have the patch applied. I had to revert to Japanese to complete the quest.

theonlySHAPE

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to use this with the PS4/PS5 version of 4++?
Post automatically merged:

Is it possible to use this with the PS4/PS5 version of 4++?

DrgnMasterKota

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
The last 1.5.0 update accidentally removed a variable in a Chapter 7 Key Quest that made it impossible to progress the main story. That issue has now been fixed with Update 1.6.0 that has been released. The games translation progress has also increased from 94% last patch to now 95% this patch.

Highlights:
  • A New Yo-kai Detective!? translated
  • Rusty Bicycle translated
  • Simple Sightseeing translated
  • Tamamo Info, Blizzaria Edition trigger bugfix

Lucinat03

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey, so I'm trying to use the emulator on my steamdeck using ryujinx. It might just be me but I can't make heads or tail of the explanation for ryujinx. Now it might just be that it's different cause of the steam deck, I can't be sure. Is there anyone that might be able to help me?

anon_yokai_enjoyer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, so I'm trying to use the emulator on my steamdeck using ryujinx. It might just be me but I can't make heads or tail of the explanation for ryujinx. Now it might just be that it's different cause of the steam deck, I can't be sure. Is there anyone that might be able to help me?
I was confused at first too. Since this mod only works with version 2.2.0 I acquired that update NSP. I updated the game in Ryujinx by right-clicking the game icon and clicking "Manage Title Updates", then "Add" and navigated to the version 2.2.0 NSP file. Make sure you have it enabled by clicking on the icon in the update manager and saving. At this point you should run the game and verify it works. Now to enable the english translation mod; I found that in the "contents" folder of the mod, the folder inside is named after the yokai watch 4 title ID. For me when I replaced the game's "contents" folder with the mods' it lead to an immediate crash upon startup because the letters in the title ID were in all caps. That just might be a mac thing though so idk. I renamed the folder with lowercase letters and replaced the folders in the atmosphere folder as instructed and then it worked.

nWo

The Game Master
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Mexico
First of all, thank you! I'm going to finally play this game.

Now, onto the question: Is there a possible way to play YKW 4 and YKW 1 with both having your English translation? Or they enter in some kind of issue when together. I have both installed but now the YKW1 game shows totally in Japanese.

I don't have any problem, just want to know so I can safely uninstall temporarily one of them.

Thanks!!!

DrgnMasterKota

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
First of all, thank you! I'm going to finally play this game.

Now, onto the question: Is there a possible way to play YKW 4 and YKW 1 with both having your English translation? Or they enter in some kind of issue when together. I have both installed but now the YKW1 game shows totally in Japanese.

I don't have any problem, just want to know so I can safely uninstall temporarily one of them.

Thanks!!!

Both will work since they are seperate games all together. Just double check and make sure that you have the correct layeredfs game title ID for both.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGhImEo-u9Y