ROM Hack [WIP] Taiko no Tatsujin: Dokodon! Mystery Adventure! - English Translation

DarkSynopsis

Trophies
Website
ninjasfate.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Not really related to the translation but doesn't seem worth its own thread.

Got around to toying with the save file and believe I found the values that tie to the hidden songs, so the Ura Oni charts and some of the Namco Originals songs.

Steps are fairly straight forward.
1. Export Save with something like JKSM.
2. Open savedata000.bin in a Hex Editor.
3. Go to Address 00001085, if you use something like HxD you can go "Edit -> Select Block" or CTRL+E and set the Start-offset to 1085 and Length to 12, make sure the bottom is selected as hex.
4. Once you are there simply change 1085-1096 to "FF", if you used the previous Select Block method you can right click the highlighted area and and select Fill Selection and change Hex-values on the right side to "FF" and hit OK and save the file.
YE7wP8n.png

5. Reimport Save and Enjoy.

Figured it might be useful info, Ura Oni stuff unlocks by doing whatever song on Oni so unlocking them if you can't do them anyway might seem pointless but there are 8 Namco Original songs tied to unlocking in adventure mode and I haven't really touched the mode since would like to play it translated so for now, its nice to have those songs unlocked :)

Last edited by DarkSynopsis,
Reactions: tiduscrying

Bjornulf

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi.
I've tried everything I can think of and I just can't get the DLC to work.
I'm running the newest stable version of bootstrap Luma3ds

After not managing to make it work on the patched edition I went back to the clean japanese version, applied the 1.1 patch, and installed the dlc from scratch.

I've followed the LOADING THE DLC NATIVELY VIA LUMA3DS: instructions.

and I still get the ー鼠孝たは宝ての追加コンテンツアータが読み取れませんでした message when I boot the game.

Any idea what might cause it and what I might have to do to fix this?

tiduscrying

that butt...
OP
Trophies
Website
tiduscrying.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
Hi.
I've tried everything I can think of and I just can't get the DLC to work.
I'm running the newest stable version of bootstrap Luma3ds

After not managing to make it work on the patched edition I went back to the clean japanese version, applied the 1.1 patch, and installed the dlc from scratch.

I've followed the LOADING THE DLC NATIVELY VIA LUMA3DS: instructions.

and I still get the ー鼠孝たは宝ての追加コンテンツアータが読み取れませんでした message when I boot the game.

Any idea what might cause it and what I might have to do to fix this?
Hmm. Aside from the Japanese text when you boot the game, do you see any of the DLC once you're on the song list?

If not, this kinda negates what you already did, but try installing the JP version clean from scratch and loading the patch via Luma's LayeredFS function. Extract this zip to the root of your SD card and make sure "Game Patching" is enabled in Luma's settings. Try booting the game again and see if that makes the JP text disappear.

Bjornulf

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thank you very much!
That fixed the problems.

Thank you so much on the effort you've put into Taiko no Tatsujin.
its been a lot of fun!
I greatly appreciate it :D !

Mr-Cleric

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, I'm new to patching, and I've been scratching my head at this for months. It seems no matter what method I try, I can't get the patch done. The CIA patching program doesn't recognise the CIA files I've been providing (I've given different versions, files downloaded from different sites, etc), and even after enabling game patching, the LayeredFS method doesn't seem to work for my copy of the game. I'm running Luma on my N3DSXL, and honestly, any help that can be provided will be highly appreciated! (Sorry in advance if I've somehow missed out a key step)

tiduscrying

that butt...
OP
Trophies
Website
tiduscrying.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
Hi there, I'm new to patching, and I've been scratching my head at this for months. It seems no matter what method I try, I can't get the patch done. The CIA patching program doesn't recognise the CIA files I've been providing (I've given different versions, files downloaded from different sites, etc), and even after enabling game patching, the LayeredFS method doesn't seem to work for my copy of the game. I'm running Luma on my N3DSXL, and honestly, any help that can be provided will be highly appreciated! (Sorry in advance if I've somehow missed out a key step)
Hey, no worries! I'll see if I can help!

Are you running the absolute most up-to-date version of the game (and of Luma)? Dokodon has a 1.1 update, so you can either update using the CIA file from somewhere online or use the eShop version. For layeredFS though, go ahead and extract the contents of this zip to the root of your SD card after confirming you are on the latest version of the game. It has the latest and greatest files, so hopefully it'll do the trick!

Mr-Cleric

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey, no worries! I'll see if I can help!

Are you running the absolute most up-to-date version of the game (and of Luma)? Dokodon has a 1.1 update, so you can either update using the CIA file from somewhere online or use the eShop version. For layeredFS though, go ahead and extract the contents of this zip to the root of your SD card after confirming you are on the latest version of the game. It has the latest and greatest files, so hopefully it'll do the trick!
Yeah, my game is on 1.1, and I tried redownloading the layeredFS files but it still doesn't seem to work! I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling (thus losing my data because JKSM hates me apparently) and it just seems like nothing seems to be successful. I'm really sorry if I'm pestering you!

DarkSynopsis

Trophies
Website
ninjasfate.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Yeah, my game is on 1.1, and I tried redownloading the layeredFS files but it still doesn't seem to work! I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling (thus losing my data because JKSM hates me apparently) and it just seems like nothing seems to be successful. I'm really sorry if I'm pestering you!

In what way is it not working? Is it crashing?

DarkSynopsis

Trophies
Website
ninjasfate.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
No, none of the English translations are showing up.

So on your SD card you have "luma/titles/0004000000190E00/" in there being "romfs, code.ips and locale.txt" I notice tiduscrying mentioned extracting the contents of the .zip to SD, did you just drop the "TDM_dokodon_mystery_adventure_eng-master" folder onto your SD?

Last edited by DarkSynopsis,

Mr-Cleric

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So on your SD card you have "luma/titles/0004000000190E00/" in there being "romfs, code.ips and locale.txt" I notice tiduscrying mentioned extracting the contents of the .zip to SD, did you just dropped the "TDM_dokodon_mystery_adventure_eng-master" folder onto your SD?
Yeah, but I've also tried dragging the contents of that folder into the SD, I'm currently trying again in case I missed something the last time I did it.

DarkSynopsis

Trophies
Website
ninjasfate.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Yeah, but I've also tried dragging the contents of that folder into the SD, I'm currently trying again in case I missed something the last time I did it.

Hmm, should be as simple as dragging the "luma" folder from the zip to the root of your SD card and then Enable Game Patching, make sure in Luma settings you see "(x) Enable Game Patching"

Goyko

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Can someone pls send me a video on how to patch this,i tried the default method but it just crashes my 2ds and i couldn't do the .cia method,I'm just confused,help please
EDIT:I don't have the titles folder in luma folder,how can i obtain that folder?

Last edited by Goyko,

Maxkhoon

Trophies
XP
Country
Palau
I got the long 3ds logo and then forced close too
Please remember update to 1.1, i cant update officially pressing Y even it says *downloading*, need to side load it and install via fbi and it works flawlessly. Afterwards i install all the dlc and played with no issue.
Question.. should i disable the luma setting *patch the game* now ? Do i still need it ?

Thanks tc for this patch ! This is the only rhythm games i like aside of rythm heaven..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work