ROM Hack [wip] Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns Save Editor

m0rt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You can't edit the item table in the savegame right now, not until the file compression is figured out.
Everything after the header of the file is compressed (LZ ?). I think the original Story of Seasons used some LZ compression,
at least that's what I remember from looking through the sourcecode of the savegame editor for that game. You could try to ask RainThunder for help, that's the user who wrote the savegame editor for the original Story Of Seasons

I edited the items via the gateway cheat feature, can't tell you how to do it with NTR right now because i got no knowledge with that and find it too tedious to work with...

Each item in the storagebox uses this structure:

public struct RAM_Item_Object
{
public UInt16 Id_0; //Item ID, see my table for reference...
public UInt16 Id_1; //Item ID, see my table for reference..., not sure why it is used 2 times in each object...
public Byte Unk_0; //Unknown
public Byte Quality_Color; //Quality - Color; ranging from 0-5
public Byte Unk_2; //Unknown
public Byte Quality_Sweet; //Quality - Sweet; ranging from 0-5
public Byte Unk_4; //Unknown
public Byte Quality_Juicy; //Quality - Juicy; ranging from 0-5
public Byte Unk_6; //Unknown
public Byte Quality_Size; //Quality - Size; ranging from 0-5
public UInt16 Dummy; //always 0x0000 ?
public UInt16 Count; //Current item count​
}

Last edited by m0rt,

RurounixKen

Trophies
XP
Country
i really want to play this game clean and fair. But so far, my hard work has gave me a S rank by-product level chicken, which make my chicken only lay golden eggs. And then that stupid egg couldnt be use in cooking... Damn, now i'm looking for a way to reduce that S rank...

DesuIsSparta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't edit the item table in the savegame right now, not until the file compression is figured out.
Everything after the header of the file is compressed (LZ ?). I think the original Story of Seasons used some LZ compression,
at least that's what I remember from looking through the sourcecode of the savegame editor for that game. You could try to ask RainThunder for help, that's the user who wrote the savegame editor for the original Story Of Seasons

Yes the last save used LZ11 IIRC. I also looked at the save editor source for reference, and compared the compression headers myself to confirm.

The new game uses a new save format and I am unable to find the compression header so I can't figure out which compression algorithm it uses. I have even looked into the game's code, and am getting closer, but still haven't quite figured it out.. I'm also pretty new to REing from assembly.

m0rt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The new game uses a new save format and I am unable to find the compression header so I can't figure out which compression algorithm it uses. I have even looked into the game's code, and am getting closer, but still haven't quite figured it out.. I'm also pretty new to REing from assembly.

I don't know if it's worth to check, but maybe the .cec file extracted with the saveX.bin files (when extracted with jksv) contains that data? :S

i really want to play this game clean and fair. But so far, my hard work has gave me a S rank by-product level chicken, which make my chicken only lay golden eggs. And then that stupid egg couldnt be use in cooking... Damn, now i'm looking for a way to reduce that S rank...

I could look if I can find the animal data. Once it is found it would be a simple thing to edit the ranking values via NTR/gateshark :)

Last edited by m0rt,

DesuIsSparta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if it's worth to check, but maybe the .cec file extracted with the saveX.bin files (when extracted with jksv) contains that data? :S

The cec.bin seems to be consistent across save files (i've tested with 5), but I don't know if it's the same across regions and consoles as well. It doesn't seem to be obvious what is is yet, but i'll keep looking.

CrescendoLite

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry for the lack of activity, as life has been a little too active lately.

I ran into a major problem with a coder when we attempted to write the code. It seems that hex values can sometimes change position
according to changes we tried to make.

I have been told this may be because of a higher security measure from Marvelous, but we weren't sure since neither of us had experience in
save editing before.

Unfortunately, I don't have the skills required to see this project through, so I'll have to leave it up to someone else.
There are powersaves cheats posted by Datel already, so maybe it's possible to find a workaround easily.
Again, very sorry for the lack of support.

SyarifZaki

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
i want to ask, is this mod could add inari costumes? like for male then inari male, and for female then inari female? and also adding stephanie and woofio costumes because v1.1 patch didn't had it so i guess i can only hope for those modders to make 2 more empty slots on clothes for that and make it come true...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!