[wip] Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns Save Editor

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by CrescendoLite, Oct 23, 2016.

1. wownmnpare

wownmnpare GBAtemp Fan

Jan 9, 2014
    Caloocan
    Neat! I want the buffs cheat! :D

2. KariRaquan

KariRaquan GBAtemp Fan

Feb 13, 2016
    United States
    Well with the cycle item cheat all you have to do is select certain food to give you the buff so we basically already have it.
    Comment on my thread so we don't get off topic here anymore than we already have.

wownmnpare likes this.
  3. leonyudi

leonyudi Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 5, 2017
    Brazil
    I don't work with CFW, however, I can use save manager to decrypt save files and modify them.
    I was able to change the amount of money I have, but I have trouble finding the addresses for ath else.

Can anybody help me with those?

- Villagers FP
    - Star Rank
    - Amount of items
    - Item IDs

Money is in the line 150 in the English version.

Thanks in advance.

4. DarkIce

DarkIce Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 5, 2017
    United States
    Hi I'm trying to find out where in line 150 you can edit the money?? what columns?? thanks for your help

Pluupy likes this.
  5. ChesterLio

ChesterLio Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 5, 2017
    Malaysia
    Sorry but if it's possible for me to edit my save data with sky3ds+, how can i do it? with cheat engine and edit the HEX file?

6. leonyudi

leonyudi Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 5, 2017
    Brazil
    Changing columns 05 and 06 for max (FF), gives ou 65535 GP. Changing column 08 for very big values corrupts the save file, so i try to keep it 90, for example. This way I ended up with 9,5 million.

Pluupy and DarkIce like this.
  7. DarkIce

DarkIce Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 5, 2017
    United States
    Thanks so much I will try this!
    edit: I get corrupted save every time :( where did you save location in game?

Last edited by DarkIce, Mar 5, 2017
  8. ChesterLio

ChesterLio Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 5, 2017
    Malaysia
    So i have downloaded HxD, how am i going to edit my money? is it with .sav or .3ds? sorry i am totally new...

9. DarkIce

DarkIce Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 5, 2017
    United States
    you need homebrew and JKSV manager to access the save.bin file to edit with HxD

10. ChesterLio

ChesterLio Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 5, 2017
    Malaysia
    i have connected sky3ds+ to PC and i moved the .sav file to destop, can't i edit it with .sav file?

11. DarkIce

DarkIce Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 5, 2017
    United States
    I'm not familiar with sky3ds+ but it sounds like you can.

12. DesuIsSparta

DesuIsSparta GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 13, 2015
    United States
    Weaboo land

Nobody knows the offsets for those things besides money.

13. ChesterLio

ChesterLio Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 5, 2017
    Malaysia
    i have manged to open the .sav with HxD, but which column should i edit for money?

14. babybear24

babybear24 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 5, 2017
    Canada
    I'm finding the locations move around with every save, so I have to search for the actual hex value of money/items to edit. Find a decimal to hex converter online and see what your money in game is then use the find hex value feature in HXD. Money is indeed in 150 but mine usually is in columb 0C-0D

I've been playing around a lot and usually my backpack inventory is in the 700-900 area. I've been using the previous SOS item hex value codes posted earlier and found mint is still 03c6 so I use the find hex value feature in HxD to find where my inventory is this time because like I've said it's different almost every time. Trying to edit item values/stars has been hit or miss for me and just recently discovered if I try to increase my milk it increases my eggs too. For example I changed E1 A1 20 01 52 80 60 01 00 00 01 to E1 A1 20 01 52 80 60 01 00 00 63 and both my milk and egg got changed to 99 each. I haven't figured out a way to confidently change star value as I usually get a corrupted file every time I fiddle with the numbers between item code and item value code.

Sorry for the ramble guys I'm brand new to this too as I'm usually late to the party and most of the games I get already have a save editor made lol!

15. DesuIsSparta

Oct 13, 2015
    United States
    Weaboo land
    I'm looking through the romfs but I'm not sure where you found the data for the item IDs. Could you lend a hand?

Last edited by DesuIsSparta, Mar 5, 2017
  16. Pluupy

Pluupy Woof!

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    I did this and ended up with 130,000G, a mere 30k from where I was before.

Do I need to make 07 FF too?

Edit: Ah changing 07 to FF made the save corrupted. lol

Last edited by Pluupy, Mar 6, 2017
  17. leonyudi

leonyudi Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 5, 2017
    Brazil
    Apparently the offsets change depending on each game. Use a calculator to convert the amount of money from decimal to hex values. Then try to search the values in that line. e.g. 130,000G is 1FBD0. In that line, you should be able to find the values D0 FB and 01 (not necessarily in that order)

18. andibad

andibad Soon™

Sep 14, 2009
    Indonesia
    hospital
    Here.

19. DesuIsSparta

Oct 13, 2015
    United States
    Weaboo land
    Thanks but I'm actually asking which file(s) the IDs were found in.

20. BlueLeafeon

BlueLeafeon GBAtemp Regular

Aug 9, 2016
    United States
    Hmm... How precisely could I go about finding my animals' names, I wonder? I want to rename them. Dumb game not having a rename function.